*Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

Re: *Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

consolidated and slightly edited:

those in red are undercarriage scrapers for me.

1. Thomson Medical Center
2. Bugis Junction (avoid exiting from Bencoolen St side, Middle Rd)
3. IKEA (Alexandra)
4. Millenium Sq (Raffles Blvd Exit)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
9. Suntec City - humps at exit near Koi Garden - undercarriage killer.
10. Sentosa carpark besides Rasa Shangri-la
11. IMM Indoor parking
12. HDB Multistory Car Parks (avoid those w/ basement)
13. Golden Mile Complex
14. Changi Village Hotel Carpark
15. Sheraton Hotel
16. West Mall Carpark - undercarriage killer
17. Junction 8 - undercarriage killer
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
21. Meridien Hotel car park
22. Republic Poly car park
23. Paragon car park (coming up)
24. Vivo City cargo entrance
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
28. Punggol Plaza underground carpark
29. The CENTRAL@Eu Tong Sen St winds up very narrowly. Even though they have widen the path, I think long cars still gotta watch out for the walls.
30. Tan Tock Seng Hospital
31. Peninsular Plaza, Hotel & so forth.. freaking tight...
32. Thomson Plaza - now under construction - the exit is a killer for slammed rides
33. Paramount Hotel (east coast rd) - slope leading to lobby and coming down
34. Queensway Shopping Centre
35. King's Arcade basement carpark.
36. PML Sime Darby Sevice Centre - Watch out for the hump when descending from slope
37. Turf Club MCP - Intermediate level ramp, killer hump on the slope up
38. Quality hotel (balestier)
39. Sing Post Bldg (Paya Lebar)
40. People's Park Carpark
41. Wisma Atria
42. Novena Square
43. Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downramp into the carpark entrance
43. Jurong East Central HDB MSCP (the one next to NTUC) Have seen many many marks on the walls/barriers
44. Sakai Sushi's carpark at Tradehub 21, next to Chervons
45. Raffles Town Club at Whitley/Bukit Timah rd junction
46. Centrepoint i think level 4 or 5, quite bad, be careful when turning left as the kerb is very high but can't see properly in mirror.
47. Gleneagles Medical Centre's underground carpark - SUPER narrow (when coming up from B2)
48. Bukit Batok Central Blk 622A MCP (opp. West Mall) - SUPER SUPER narrow (when exiting / going down)
49. Clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe
50. the open space carpark next to Orchard Building (behind Orchard Shopping Centre). every time park there, every time kanna bird shit one...

Signature building at CBP. upslope exit with a hump. bad knock on undercarriage. =(

Tampanies mall carpark exit..good luck have fun..

there's a trick to that. keep slightly to the left to avoid the depression(which is on the right) in the ground right after the hump. unless your car is so wide and there is no way to keep to the left of the depression.

vegadonovan;511309 said:
Signature building at CBP. upslope exit with a hump. bad knock on undercarriage. =(

imprezawrxsti22b;511772 said:
there's a trick to that. keep slightly to the left to avoid the depression(which is on the right) in the ground right after the hump. unless your car is so wide and there is no way to keep to the left of the depression.

Wow,

Thanks bro, did you learn it the hard way? anyway I will keep left next time. Was distracted with people crossing at the exit also.

r u driving the blue (or black?) SJU E60? lol.

yeah sometimes i kena and other times i dont. so i checked out why and found this depression.

vegadonovan;511805 said:
Wow,

Thanks bro, did you learn it the hard way? anyway I will keep left next time. Was distracted with people crossing at the exit also.

Hehe, nope I am not a resident parker over there. Happens to go there to see client and got my first hit. =)

do you know other sti drivers? eg 938?

Yes agreed that J8 is a problematic carpark esp if u have lower bumper

Dowager9818;541461 said:
Golden Village at Yishun-10, extremely sharp turning when moving out

yes i agree. especially when its on a steep slope.. cant really see when you drive out..

Personally never like spiral carparks but in land scarce Singapore, it seems to be getting common.

Take TripleOne@Somerset. Worst of the lot in my opinion - 6 levels of hell-raising tight spirals. Looking for a thrill ride? Try it.

The Elizabeth Hotel at Orchard comes close second; but at least it is just a few levels. Scrapped my bottom side at Regentville - very tight and angular turns. Appears to me that Far East developments can be rather miserly with carpark real estate.

bad driver;548839 said:
Personally never like spiral carparks but in land scarce Singapore, it seems to be getting common.

Take TripleOne@Somerset. Worst of the lot in my opinion - 6 levels of hell-raising tight spirals. Looking for a thrill ride? Try it.

The Elizabeth Hotel at Orchard comes close second; but at least it is just a few levels. Scrapped my bottom side at Regentville - very tight and angular turns. Appears to me that Far East developments can be rather miserly with carpark real estate.

Are you talking about 313 carpark? Hell yeah. Agree with you man. I couldn't take it. Felt like puking.

Sorry - you are right, it's 313@Somerset.

After experiencing the following damages to my car inside carparks at:
  1. Intercontinental Hotel x 2 (major damage due to angular turns, pillar)
  2. Regentville (tight, angular corners and turns)
  3. Pan Pacific Orchard (minor)
  4. Grange Road public carpark (total loss, 16 June floods)

I am now wary of where I park. I rather forgo the convenience and take a hike - which is good exercise anyway - than to attempt to park at locations where any slight miscalculations will drain my wallet as well as disfigure my ride. Far East developments are on my blacklist.

But I am thankful that at least so far all these so-called "accidents" are self-inflicted non-vehicular collisions.

3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
29. The CENTRAL@Eu Tong Sen St winds up very narrowly. Even though they have widen the path, I think long cars still gotta watch out for the walls.
32. Thomson Plaza - now under construction - the exit is a killer for slammed rides
36. PML Sime Darby Sevice Centre - Watch out for the hump when descending from slope
41. Wisma Atria
42. Novena Square and Square 2 ( after passing the alighting roundabout, there is a bumper hitter slope, have to pass at 0km/h practically)43. Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downramp into the carpark entrance
43. Jurong East Central HDB MSCP (the one next to NTUC) Have seen many many marks on the walls/barriers
46. Centrepoint i think level 4 or 5, quite bad, be careful when turning left as the kerb is very high but can't see properly in mirror.
47. Gleneagles Medical Centre's underground carpark - SUPER narrow (when coming up from B2)
48. Bukit Batok Central Blk 622A MCP (opp. West Mall) - SUPER SUPER narrow (when exiting / going down)
49. Clementi HDB carpark? The one near the hawker center and NTUC...park there sure kenna bird sh*t....100% hehe
50. the open space carpark next to Orchard Building (behind Orchard Shopping Centre). every time park there, every time kanna bird shit one...
51. Royal Plaza Hotel ( not quite sure if its the correct name, the last time i went, certain levels of the carpark was under reno, and very bad upslope. )

love,
rochelle.

nobody update about NEX mall carpark? I heard it's bad although I haven't been there.

bad driver;548839 said:

Totally agree... rubbing the rubbers all the way up... heart pain...

Has anyone tried driving into Clifford Centre? The person who designed it probably never owned a car before. If you are driving the Jaguar XJ, it'll probably be better parking along the roadside and risk getting a fine, rather than to risk sending your car for repairs after scratching the sides of the walls. Also, when you go to Liang Court, you get to choose to park at the multi-storey or basement. Stick to the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:

3. IKEA (Alexandra)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
11. IMM Indoor parking
13. Golden Mile Complex
15. Sheraton Hotel
18. Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. Anchorpoint car park
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathay Cineplex
41. Wisma Atria
42. Novena Square and Square 2 ( after passing the alighting roundabout, there is a bumper hitter slope, have to pass at 0km/h practically)43. Goodrich wallpaper showroom.. go slow on the downramp into the carpark entrance
51. Royal Plaza Hotel ( not quite sure if its the correct name, the last time i went, certain levels of the carpark was under reno, and very bad upslope. )
52. NEX shopping mall Serangoon (gets really jammed up during peak hours, aka lunch hour, usually exiting carpark results in jams at slope, quite narrow)

Back