Need help for f30 m performance brakes

img76

Any bro here had installed the f30 m performance front and rear brakes?
Need advice as I heard that some programming need to be done if installed the brake..
So what is this programming all about? and where can I do it? How much does it cost?

Any bro who know please advice..btw my car is from PI so PML cannot help me..

Re: Need help for f30 m performance brakes

Where did you hear this from? No programming is needed for the change of brake types.

M-Noobie;1008846 said:
Where did you hear this from? No programming is needed for the change of brake types.

This is incorrect....

For the new brakes for F30, you need to recode for the dsc or abs to work properly with the improved braking.

Notes:
• The vehicle must be driven carefully for the first 125 miles after the brake system is installed. Once this break-in period is complete, the full effectiveness of the brake system can be realized.

• Due to the design feature of drilled and grooved BMW lightweight-construction sports brake discs, function-related noise can occur during braking that has absolutely no impact on the stability of the brake discs.

• A DSC retrofit encoding must be performed via ISTA/P after installation of the BMW M Performance sports brake system.

• The BMW M Performance sports brake system is only approved in combination with at least 18" aluminum wheels (including winter wheels)!

I had mine installed @ 2277, they got a coder for me as well.

Alternatively, you can check with MA if they wanna do for you, at a slight premium (around 600+ when I called), other workshop should be in the region of 350 to 450.

Is this required for m perf brakes or whenever you change to better bkk? Didn't do any coding for mine and so far so good, am on an aftermarket brand though

I installed my Alcon 6-pot brakes and no recoding. Perfect braking. I think the coding is applicable only to M-Perf brakes as the sensors are still attached to the brake pads unlike aftermarket brake pads.

pancakeparadise said:
I installed my Alcon 6-pot brakes and no recoding. Perfect braking. I think the coding is applicable only to M-Perf brakes as the sensors are still attached to the brake pads unlike aftermarket brake pads.

Zhunbo? Dsc working off sensors to the brake pads? Those measure wear of the pads leh.

There are ppl who install without recoding. If u dun brake until need abs and dsc to come in, then will not have any difference.

If BMW says you need it, you better get it (at least for M Perf Brakes)

Anyway, not say wun work, just wun ssqueeze out the optimum performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alr tried as bed in BBK alr n clocked more than 1.5k km including ebraking. Feel free to pm me if want to try.

Hi pancakeparadise, do alcons come with rear set as well?

Hi e seller I bought from say don't hv yet. But when release he will give good price as per buy as a combo initially. Dis kit is specially for F30 w part no on box. V happy w it.

Williammm;1008984 said:
The coding is only needed for M perf BBK. Other big names like Alcon, AP racing etc.. u dont need coding.

Why they make the M perf BBK so troublesome?

then where to do the coding cheap and good...pls advise a few option..thank a million..

brosiss;1009014 said:
Why they make the M perf BBK so troublesome?

because they want the brake to be integrated with the idrive to monitor its usage for servicing and also error

dont you think it is necessary? like using itunes to sync your iphone?

wt_know;1009043 said:
because they want the brake to be integrated with the idrive to monitor its usage for servicing and also error

dont you think it is necessary? like using itunes to sync your iphone?

This is really not making sense. Recode Dsc to monitor brake wear and error? The sensor no need recode to detect la. Then if I change aftermarket brake pad for the stock brake or M Perf Brake then it cannot monitor?

Williammm;1008984 said:
The coding is only needed for M perf BBK. Other big names like Alcon, AP racing etc.. u dont need coding.

It is not do you need to recode but no choice to do it. The available options are only stock or sports... You just change the value from stock to sports.

It is not like tuning the car, but more like changing from the 2 only available maps.

Anyway, let me repeat this one last time...

Your brakes will work without recoding. But let me draw an analogy, you zeng your car, you changed your air intake, downpipe, etc. You do not tune your car, can u still drive? Yes! But you are not getting that extra 20 - 30 bhp that you can get.

For our F30, the brakes DSC option is only between "Stock" (or normal, dunno what the word is inside) and "Sports", no "ALCON", "AP RACING", or whatever.

Nor is there a way to "TUNE" the brakes from other then these 2 options.

So you will just not get 100% of what your brakes can do. Any issues? No.

Dat is false. Y would alcon stoptech ap racing manufacture a BBK for F30 w/o it being able to work at its 100 percent potential. Pls dun confuse pple. Brake pad sensor not all aftmkt pads for stock brake hv oso. If u need to depend on e idrive to tell u when to change pads den u should not be mod yr car in e first plce. Same as stock tpms, u wait until tpms alert b4 u inflate tyre?

pancakeparadise;1009060 said:
Dat is false. Y would alcon stoptech ap racing manufacture a BBK for F30 w/o it being able to work at its 100 percent potential. Pls dun confuse pple. Brake pad sensor not all aftmkt pads for stock brake hv oso. If u need to depend on e idrive to tell u when to change pads den u should not be mod yr car in e first plce. Same as stock tpms, u wait until tpms alert b4 u inflate tyre?

And you have to configure DSC to know the difference between the pads to tell you to change??? Please la, that sensor works by contact, not need to recode one....

PPL talking about DSC DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL, you talk about when to change pads... We might not even be having a true "reduced" braking performance, maybe it just affects the car not being to have the optimum (or programmed by BMW) Stability control. It affects handling for sure, not when to change pads....

I was gg for ALCON bbk too from maximus, but after reading on f30 post and n54tech, I chose not to due to this issue.

BUT!!! Even with this "reduced" performance, I will say that the ALCON and AP racing ones are still better then M perf (when they come out with full kit)

Y would alcon stoptech ap racing manufacture a BBK for F30 w/o it being able to work at its 100 percent potential.
Not like they have a choice? They can't do shit about the OEM software.

Not everything can be reflashed. Most, if not all, goes by changing a parameter, so that the software knows which "profile" to use.

One exception to this is the Alpina B3 Transmission Flash that was available to the 335s. That one is a total reprogramming, and not just changing a parameter.

Last edited by a moderator:

So switch to the performance brake profile when changing to a set of BBK ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88fo1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back