My E46 in the USA

inferno nexus

Hi All,
I'm currently in Atlanta and I just wanted to share some pictures of my 2003 325i. I could also post pics of other bimmers and meets over here if you all are interested. These pictures were taken over the weekend after I washed the car:
wsGOlQ5l.jpg

tVIT0IFl.jpg

tN1xtePl.jpg

Some of the mods/upgrades I have done are:
Piano black kidney grills and new headlight lenses from Khoalty: BMW E46 OE+ Shadowline Kidney Grilles for BMW E46 (99-06 3 Series) BMW E46 Headlight Lens Replacement for BMW E46 (99-06 3 Series) by Bosch
And to protect the headlight lenses from yellowing/rock chips I applied Lamin-X films which I got from Amazon.

New TSW Max wheels from Discount Tire Direct: Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
Also, there's no front license plate because it's not required in this state.

Re: My E46 in the USA

Here are some pictures of the interior of my car:
XR52jBWl.jpg

IBAA2xdl.jpg

It's an auto, but hopefully my next car will be a manual

A few months ago during the summer I replaced the valve cover gasket because oil was leaking down the front of the engine. One good thing about owning an old car is that most of the problems that can occur have already been trouble-shooted by others, so there are plenty of DIY's on the forums and blogs.

LKFPmLxl.jpg

7qmwmeIl.jpg

You may notice that the CCV hose over the fuel rail looks old and brittle, so that's on my to-do list. Already got the CCV parts, just need to find the time to tackle this PITA.

Vanos looks like its leaking...I think I might have to do the Vanos seals some time in the future:
o40Jbd1l.jpg

tRkh4Y0l.jpg

Cb9jWFjl.jpg

And everytime I popped open the hood I would see this eyesore:
nXeDqcBl.jpg

So I got both sides replaced with new ones from ECS Tuning:
q5HphU0l.jpg

One less thing to annoy me :)

totoseow;1065019 said:
wow u DIY ur car?

I try to, especially if I dont have to jack up the car. Tools and parts are cheaper here than in Sg. Labor at an independent shop averages US$95 an hour. Dealership labor is so expensive I dont dare to ask.

well done. keep posting. quite interesting to see...altho I hv no idea how to do a car up.

Took this some time ago when I reset my trip meter in advance to coincide with the odometer:
xysalTw.jpg

Cool huh?

I got my vanos o rings from Beisan - think he is still selling that.

The stock ones isn't cutting it .....

inferno nexus;1065013 said:
A few months ago during the summer I replaced the valve cover gasket because oil was leaking down the front of the engine. One good thing about owning an old car is that most of the problems that can occur have already been trouble-shooted by others, so there are plenty of DIY's on the forums and blogs.

LKFPmLxl.jpg

7qmwmeIl.jpg

You may notice that the CCV hose over the fuel rail looks old and brittle, so that's on my to-do list. Already got the CCV parts, just need to find the time to tackle this PITA.

Vanos looks like its leaking...I think I might have to do the Vanos seals some time in the future:
o40Jbd1l.jpg

tRkh4Y0l.jpg

Cb9jWFjl.jpg

Red_Bean_Bun;1065075 said:
I got my vanos o rings from Beisan - think he is still selling that.

The stock ones isn't cutting it .....

I know, it's about 60 USD for the kit and they have a comprehensive DIY too. I'll do that if I keep the car long enough...

My E46 in the USA

Saw the challenge you mentioned about being able to access the top of the engine - Was thinking of getting the 56" race ramps ..... Will get me just enough headroom to get to the bottom of the ride. I think will help with the oil change looking at the angle it elevates the ride .....

Thanks. In other related news, when new workshops and service centers open they sometimes have an open house to raise awareness. Here are some pics I took at an open house. Not photoshoot-quality pics, but should be interesting enough:

swboFCq.jpg

9wm8VQX.jpg

MzSvraT.jpg

DsjBeK7.jpg

a8diyPy.jpg

Red_Bean_Bun;1065080 said:
Saw the challenge you mentioned about being able to access the top of the engine - Was thinking of getting the 56" race ramps ..... Will get me just enough headroom to get to the bottom of the ride. I think will help with the oil change looking at the angle it elevates the ride .....

My condo doesnt allow maintenance in the parking lot, so I try to keep my DIYs discreet. Raising the car is going to attract a lot of attention....
For oil changes I use a MittyVac: Mityvac 7400 7.3 Liter Fluid Evacuator : Amazon.com : Automotive The hardest part is cleaning it after I pour out the old oil.

Thought about it before .... I think it sucking it out from the top is going to leave the crud in the sump.

I have the same issue with my condo.

inferno nexus;1065086 said:
My condo doesnt allow maintenance in the parking lot, so I try to keep my DIYs discreet. Raising the car is going to attract a lot of attention....
For oil changes I use a MittyVac: Mityvac 7400 7.3 Liter Fluid Evacuator : Amazon.com : Automotive The hardest part is cleaning it after I pour out the old oil.

Red_Bean_Bun;1065187 said:
Thought about it before .... I think it sucking it out from the top is going to leave the crud in the sump.

I have the same issue with my condo.

The mittyvac hose goes into the oil dipstick tube and I push it all the way in until it goes no farther. Does that reach the bottom of the sump? I can't tell from the engine diagrams. Anyway, I think that as long as I use the recommended oils and keep to a 5k mile OCI, it shouldn't be an issue. My cylinder head looks golden brown and I dont see crap like that: Photos of dirty engines : theTHROTTLE

inferno nexus;1065005 said:
Here are some pictures of the interior of my car:
XR52jBWl.jpg

IBAA2xdl.jpg

It's an auto, but hopefully my next car will be a manual

why is it i feel the new steering wheel found in f10 and m6 is a faclift version of the e46 and the older z4?

inferno nexus;1065082 said:
Thanks. In other related news, when new workshops and service centers open they sometimes have an open house to raise awareness. Here are some pics I took at an open house. Not photoshoot-quality pics, but should be interesting enough:

swboFCq.jpg

9wm8VQX.jpg

MzSvraT.jpg

DsjBeK7.jpg

a8diyPy.jpg

Totoseow... can we have such session in ur ws????? (run......)

Terras14;1065479 said:
why is it i feel the new steering wheel found in f10 and m6 is a faclift version of the e46 and the older z4?

Because it has the same 3-spoke design I guess. Two at the sides and one at the bottom. I think for car design its better to be evolutionary than revolutionary, so that you dont lose your current customers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangonline
Back