I think gold Mobil 1 is still the best engine oil

Re: I think gold Mobil 1 is still the best engine oil

It's been 3days since I changed to gold Mobil 1 0w40 and seems like the fuel consumption has improve quite well.
Based on the OBC, used to be 7.8km/l with LM and now is 8.6km/l.
Same usual traffic conditions of 50% jams and 50% highs.
Even the transmission shift felt better :shakemyb:

maybe diff eng like different oil? im driving f30 320.LM seems to be better after my first oil change.. would like to try out the other oil in future.amsoil?? sounds gd..

Serious ? 10% improvement in FC ?

Lorinser;945593 said:
It's been 3days since I changed to gold Mobil 1 0w40 and seems like the fuel consumption has improve quite well.
Based on the OBC, used to be 7.8km/l with LM and now is 8.6km/l.
Same usual traffic conditions of 50% jams and 50% highs.
Even the transmission shift felt better :shakemyb:

Red_Bean_Bun;945686 said:
Serious ? 10% improvement in FC ?

Surprisingly positive so far... will monitor for another week... maybe I talk to early... haha

I got better FC when switching from Shell (PML) to Castrol (MA)

Newbie here... Is the recommended weight for e60 w30 or w40? Seems like some are using w40 but MA is using w30 and that's recommended by BMW? PML using w40?

read my post about the weights .....

mojoe;945777 said:
Newbie here... Is the recommended weight for e60 w30 or w40? Seems like some are using w40 but MA is using w30 and that's recommended by BMW? PML using w40?

That's the thing... I don't think Castrol Edge 5w-30 has a cst100 of at least 12.2 but it is still recommended by MA. Seems like only Castrol Edge 0w-30 and Mobile 1 0w-40 have cst100 of above 12.2

Red_Bean_Bun;945803 said:
read my post about the weights .....

Asked MA previously about this ..... no reply. But they are using the professional range - it should be 12.2 for 5w30. also suspect that its full saps.

Seems like API only SL. Minimum now is SM. ILSAC also GF2 ?

Maybe wait for MA to confirm.....

mojoe;945810 said:
That's the thing... I don't think Castrol Edge 5w-30 has a cst100 of at least 12.2 but it is still recommended by MA. Seems like only Castrol Edge 0w-30 and Mobile 1 0w-40 have cst100 of above 12.2

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;945831 said:
Asked MA previously about this ..... no reply. But they are using the professional range - it should be 12.2 for 5w30. also suspect that its full saps.

I think you are right... the professional range seems to indicate cst100 of 12.1 - see link below

http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/b.../EDGE_Professional_European_PDS_July_2012.pdf

Whereas the one from MX tradings has a cst100 of 10.7.

So if get from MX Tradings, the only choice is Castrol Edge 5w-40 and Mobil 1 0w-40 or Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;945854 said:
Get the mobil 0w40.....LL01. But its base stock is G3.....
Only European Formula is LL01.

Lorinser;944878 said:
Very informative indeed.
I think there is no end comparing oils.
All boils down to butt feel, especially for normal driving for normal driver like me... with occasional high rev.
High or best specs doesn't necessary mean suitable for everybody... to each his own butt and budget.
Right now my comforted butt says gold Mobil 1 0w40... over OWS and Liquid Moly.

Agreed. I am using Mobil1 GOLD for my babe...:goodup:

Actually how do u guys feel the "smoothness" of the engine? Is there anything in particular thing that I can try to take note of? Cos I nv know how it is when ppl start talking abt engine feeling smooth or rough

Cats purr .... Lioness roars ..... Something like that.

BMWM5F10;993597 said:
Actually how do u guys feel the "smoothness" of the engine? Is there anything in particular thing that I can try to take note of? Cos I nv know how it is when ppl start talking abt engine feeling smooth or rough

Its a good thing you cant feel the difference yet. Cause you can choose base on price and not feel any difference

BMWM5F10;993597 said:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789bet188site

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back