Hayden Rapid-Cool Transmission Oil Cooler

johnhiggin

I tot all bimmer already have the trans cooler?
Is this additional on top of existing?

How much?

Have you noticed any noticable effects after the installation of the cooler? smoother shifts? less noise?

johnhiggin said:
I tot all bimmer already have the trans cooler?
Is this additional on top of existing?

How much?

Yup!! All bimmer oready have a trans cooler, if you look at pic 6, the aluminium/silver cooler on the top right corner of the pic is the stock cooler.

It's kinda small & it acts only as a heat sink, now its only a secondary cooler in my car.....

Trans oil -> stock cooler -> Rapid-cool -> Transmission

Front mount air charge cooler is alot more effective!! Cos I believe heat will wear out our parts faster & our gearbox ain't cheap!! So prevention is better dan cure mah.... ;)

'The Great White'

MRacer77 said:
Have you noticed any noticable effects after the installation of the cooler? smoother shifts? less noise?

Have not notice anything yet......maybe my bump kinda numb liao....hahahahaha

The Trans oil will definitely be alot cooler liao!! I'm not looking for any performance gains out of this mod but to prolong the lifespan of my gearbox.

Will try to see if my car drives smoother these few days.......as it is my car is very noisy liao, my ice, GruppeM & exhaust......so wun know it's gona be less noise from the transmission now.......kekekekeke ;)

'THe Great White'

This is not a performance mod per se. Wilman damn KS and fitted the bigger cooler! However, considering how he gun his car, it still may not be big enough! There is a smaller one call ultra cool for those who don't want an inter-cooler look. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind as well as extend the life of the AT. Even if it extends the AT for 1 year, it is still worth it!

Holy cow !!

That's a big one there hahaha !!!!!.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Can i ask how much ?? And also, i supposed it can be used for the engine oil cooler right ??

Bro, since u have the oil cooler now, i strongly suggest u replace your fan with a electric one. Day and night difference. It's a plug and play by the way... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats man !!! Our driving style requires a cooler like that man kekeke !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gabey said:
This is not a performance mod per se. Wilman damn KS and fitted the bigger cooler! However, considering how he gun his car, it still may not be big enough! There is a smaller one call ultra cool for those who don't want an inter-cooler look. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind as well as extend the life of the AT. Even if it extends the AT for 1 year, it is still worth it!

Hehe, big meh??? I thot it's about the same as yours??? :roll:

BTW, this is Ultra-Cool
coolgrp.jpg

The Rapid-Cool is 33% more efficient in cooling dan the Ultra-Cool
rapid.jpg

Yup!! Even if it extends our gearbox lifespan by 1 yr also jiadi!! ;)

'Clan Master'

piggyboyz said:
Holy cow !!

That's a big one there hahaha !!!!!.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Can i ask how much ?? And also, i supposed it can be used for the engine oil cooler right ??

Bro, since u have the oil cooler now, i strongly suggest u replace your fan with a electric one. Day and night difference. It's a plug and play by the way... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrats man !!! Our driving style requires a cooler like that man kekeke !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sir, U want to sell me your electric fan??? U upgrading to a bigger fan??? Please??? kekekekeke :laughlik:

For the Rapid-Cool it's gonna be $300 including standard installation with the supplied parts, but if you wanna install like wat I did, it'll cost alittle more cos of the extra longer hoses(Bridgestone) & adaptors.

Cheers!!

'The Great White'

Eh... Electric fan only one size la !

Anyway u know that it cost ard 800 bucks right ?

U still can salvage ur 2 fan and sell for some money wat.. not a bad deal ! It's like having UUC pulley again hahaha !!!

Anyway thanks for the info....

Congrats... :dance: :dance: :dance:

bro. mine is the smallest ultra cool model in the picture! Cannot compare with yours! keke...

Sigh, i dun believe u... i was there when the SC installation. I am the one who fetch u there. what oil cooler lar... its ..... kekekekee.. hahahahaaa :drool:

calvin said:
Sigh, i dun believe u... i was there when the SC installation. I am the one who fetch u there. what oil cooler lar... its ..... kekekekee.. hahahahaaa :drool:

OOI!!! Nabei!! Wat SC?? U buy for me ah?? Later I kena go lane 8 for nothing den I farking shoot :shoot: U ah!!!

kekekekeke :laughlik:

'Clan Master'

Clan Master

At the rate you're modding your car, I am just wondering what percentage of your car is still stock from say, a stock E46 320 with no options? :)

The Mixmaster said:
Clan Master

At the rate you're modding your car, I am just wondering what percentage of your car is still stock from say, a stock E46 320 with no options? :)

Eh..........the BMW roundel!!!! kekekekekeke :laughlik:

I kena the mod bug virus so bad tat there's no medicine on earth can cure this virus.......sigh........ :screwedu:

'Clan Master'

wilman2772 said:
I kena the mod bug virus so bad tat there's no medicine on earth can cure this virus.......sigh........'Clan Master'

It is without cure, and you are spreading it.......

All virus/bugs can be killed... juts whether you want to do it or not.. heh... as for me, I have kinda grown attached to this bug so it lives for awhile...

Wonder if they make a version for the SMG II?

wilman2772 said:
Later I kena go lane 8 for nothing den I farking shoot :shoot: U ah!!!

kekekekeke :laughlik:

'Clan Master'

Wahahahaaa... I been there for nothing too !!! kekekekeee :laughlik:

MRacer77 said:
All virus/bugs can be killed... juts whether you want to do it or not.. heh... as for me, I have kinda grown attached to this bug so it lives for awhile...

Wonder if they make a version for the SMG II?

These are universal cooler & will fit almost all make of cars. The size that I've installed is definately good enuf for your SMGII!! :thumbsup:

'The Great White'

Hmm... let me think about it... saving money for something else first... thinking about a new final drive... heh

MRacer77 said:
Hmm... let me think about it... saving money for something else first... thinking about a new final drive... heh

Slowly think.......I'm not selling this......I just share wat I've installed....

Cheers

'The Great White'

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888wiki

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups