F8x M3/M4

Re: F8x M3/M4

chesterchong;1090057 said:
i think if bring in to retrofit is cheaper, also can make back some $$ when you sell off your stock composite brakes :)

btw, the base model comes with the following:

1. 6 Speed Manual gearbox
2. M drive
3. cloth (Carbon structure) seats
4. Multi function steering wheel
5. 18" light alloy wheels
6. Xenon lights
7. BMW individual headliner
8. Non-metallic paintwork

Hope this helps!

I'm checking to buy in Europe and retrofit here, cos was told by SE , MA will only fit the brakes here locally even if we option it in.. But guess the premium includes future rotor and pad replacement..

Last edited by a moderator:
F8x M3/M4

Deleted........

Collected my M4 few days ago, very lively and light weight compared to my M5.

Scuderia;1090133 said:
Collected my M4 few days ago, very lively and light weight compared to my M5.

I'm curious cos I never tested the m5 ever since it came out.. Straight line how does it compare to the M4 when in full m mode (sport plus with mdm)

masschaoz;1090134 said:
I'm curious cos I never tested the m5 ever since it came out.. Straight line how does it compare to the M4 when in full m mode (sport plus with mdm)
I am still running it in but when I tested it in Istanbul, M4 is definitely faster from standstill.

Scuderia;1090135 said:
I am still running it in but when I tested it in Istanbul, M4 is definitely faster from standstill.

Cool.. When I tested it I was abit caught out cos a lot more brutal than the e92 m3.

F8x M3/M4

For those who gone for test drive and found the steering a tad heavy or suspension abit firm, this is because the default setting of the car is such. So you need to manually set both the suspension and steering to comfort to find our more about those levels of comfort or weight. Some owners have configured that setting as one of the two M modes on the steering wheel. Hope these info helps. Took me a while to figure these out as well.

Andy, u mean the default at startup is not comfort for all those parameters? If so, that's something new. My M5 starts off with everything in granny mode.

T6;1090455 said:
For those who gone for test drive and found the steering a tad heavy or suspension abit firm, this is because the default setting of the car is such. So you need to manually set both the suspension and steering to comfort to find our more about those levels of comfort or weight. Some owners have configured that setting as one of the two M modes on the steering wheel. Hope these info helps. Took me a while to figure these out as well.

clar;1090473 said:
Andy, u mean the default at startup is not comfort for all those parameters? If so, that's something new. My M5 starts off with everything in granny mode.

Yup, the default is both steering and suspension are in sports which are the intermediate settings.

T6;1090480 said:
Yup, the default is both steering and suspension are in sports which are the intermediate settings.
Yup it is different from the M5, I wonder if we can change the default.

have you collected?

F8x M3/M4

Scuderia;1090512 said:
Yup it is different from the M5, I wonder if we can change the default.

have you collected?

Yeah collected on 25 Jul. Munich is checking if it can be done. I have set M1 as my comfort mode meanwhile.

T6;1090534 said:
Yeah collected on 25 Jul. Munich is checking if it can be done. I have set M1 as my comfort mode meanwhile.

should be 25 June right?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;1090537 said:
should be 25 June right?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Haha yeah typo. Shd be 25 Jun.

T6;1090545 said:
Must be too excited about new car. When can we all see your new ride?

T6;1090545 said:

Review, review, review!

Scuderia;1090566 said:
Andy, did you order the M performance parts?

Phil,

Not yet. What is on the menu? And what have your ordered? I was just looking out for AKRA exhaust but it sounds like a pretty illegal system.

T6;1090572 said:
Phil,

Not yet. What is on the menu? And what have your ordered? I was just looking out for AKRA exhaust but it sounds like a pretty illegal system.

Front lip with carbon blades, side skirts, carbon truck spoiler and rear diffusers. I am also deciding to go for either the M exhaust or the Akra one but essentially all made by Akra.

F8x M3/M4

Collected my ride on 25 Jun. As some might know, the previous M3 includes the coupe, cabrio and sedan. For the new model, M3 is strictly used to label the sedan with M4 used to label the coupe and cabrio.

Prior to owning this F80 M3, I had owned the E90 335 sedan and previous model E90 M3.

The 335 is very torquey when tuned but the tune is unreliable and the handling requires a fair bit of aftermarket mods.

The E90 M3 is an orchestra with its distinctive V8. My main grouse is its lack of torque and the small fuel tank which makes this guzzler a frequent visitor to Esso.

Moving on to the F80 M3, I didn't miss the E90 M3. The F80 M3 represents the "best of both worlds" by combining a turbo charged engine with M handling.

The car looks a lot meaner and also stands out more from the non-M 3 series.

The car is no less comfortable than the previous M3 even though it is on wider tyres (255/19 front 275/19 rear vs 235/19, 265/19).

When the engine is switched on, its default setting for damping and steering are both at sports. Some like it some dont. I personally find the sports detting for damping just nice. Not jarring.

What are the immediate plus points of the F80 M3? Here are just some that appeal to me:

- torquey engine, it has 40% more torque despite having 1000cc less (this makes running in a breeze as I only need to keep below 5000rpm and 170 kmh)

- the car is very fast and is supposed to do 100km in 4.1 sec

- the car though slightly bigger is still very easy to drive and begs to be driven fast. It feels light

- the interior is modern and the steering is sporty and has more permutations and two M buttons on the steering wheel to change the characteristics of the car

- the lighter steering in normal mode makes city driving a breeze

- the rear seat space is a lot more spacious

- the heads up display and rear view camera are nice options

- the CF roof on the sedan is a bonus (used to be only available on the coupe in the previous model)

- the side mirrors have better viewing angles than before

- the seats are super comfy and you can seat lower than before. The seats are single piece (ala Porsche style) and slim thereby also giving more space to the rear

- the sound system is so much better than its predecessor

- the display of bhp and torque on the iDrive screen is a nice touch

Some minor grouses:

- the car is quite quiet compared to the predecessor but it still has a very sporty note with a nice purring sound very audible from outside (I will lookout for the M performance exhaust and AKRA exhaust when they are out)

- the tyre pressure monitoring system still doesnt show individual tyre pressure (they should learn from Porsche)

- the FC gauge still a bit retarded (not live info like in Porsches)

So far I have been pretty happy with the car. Here are some pics of my mineral grey ride to share. The brakes are gold in colour as they are carbon ceramics. The stock ones would be blue which I think would not have gelled with grey. My first time owning ceramics and they are fantastic.

I have done my usual rituals which are Vkool 75, external film to protect the windscreen, side mirrors and xenon and lastly detailed/groomed.

I hope to give a further review after I have taken it north.

View attachment 62432

View attachment 62433

View attachment 62434

View attachment 62435

Scuderia;1090576 said:
Front lip with carbon blades, side skirts, carbon truck spoiler and rear diffusers. I am also deciding to go for either the M exhaust or the Akra one but essentially all made by Akra.

Wow nice selections. I will enquire from Munich. I assume you ordered from them?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daoquangminh

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back