Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

F10 528i mods and maintenance (Pics)

So its been a while and the F10 has been pretty neglected. Decided to try my hand at DiY ceramic coating since its all the rage these days. Most places seem to be priced pretty good but do your homework before plonking down your hard earned cash.
Other places seem to try and up sell you once you roll in so what seemed like an ok price for a ceramic coating at $200++ quickly becomes closer to like $600+ for paint correction plus a ceramic coating of which many brands avail.
Decided to try and cut down on the expenses and learn a new thing or two. Ok I admit I got influenced to try out a diy ceramic kit I saw on youtube and bought into this
https://avalonking.com/shop/armor-shield-ix-diy-kit/

Then looked around for a detailer thats cost effective and convenient basically they came down to my place and did the paint correction and polish $168 paid for the service. Have to say they got rid of most of the paint swirls and did a pretty good job.
http://www.simplyshine.com.sg/

Application of the product as per this video
Results were beyond expectations very happy to use it overall !

Damn virus getting bored and decided to improve ventilation to the radiator and intercooler and have the lower grills repainted matt black as they were turning whitish from all the car shampoo residue and sun.

Pulling the lower grills off was easy, its all just clips and pulls straight out no need special tools. Dremel time and I hacked out the side of the middle grill opening it up by another 1/4 i suppose. Just need a bit more smoothing out and its done.

Took it all down to a local spray shop guy who's really nice and friendly and doesn't charge me a arm n leg for a simple matt black repsray at $70 for all 3 pieces. Most places wanted in excess of $200 for 3 small pieces so no thanks.

Found out they could have done it for me actually but wanted to try my hand out at doing it myself.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/car-spray-painting-repair-dent-1001307079/?t-id=965488_1587195493724&t-referrer_browse_type=search_results&t-referrer_request_id=W3Fm-fNrps3SAx8u&t-referrer_search_query=bmw f10&t-referrer_sort_by=recent

20200418_152612.jpg
20200418_152622.jpg
20200418_152629.jpg

For your bootmod3 stage 1 did you also get your charge pipe changed? It was highly recommended across forums n workshops.

For your bootmod3 stage 1 did you also get your charge pipe changed? It was highly recommended across forums n workshops.

Yup FTP boost and charge pipes as these are under high pressure. Think I documented it in the 1st page

Out with the old and in with the new downpipe ! Stage 2 ($50 USD) on the way with BM3 ! Installed new ER downpipe with META Mechanics $80
20200520_140302.jpg
20200520_140302.jpg

20200520_140237.jpg
20200520_140245.jpg

Last edited:
ER Downpipe with 200 cell racing cat ! No Smell no check engine light and feels much better. And yes there is a slight increase in growl under acceleration. Additional benefit is its lighter then the stock downpipe
20200125_153738.jpg
20200125_153733.jpg
20200125_153700.jpg
20200125_153607.jpg

About 3 weeks ago while washing the car the front passenger lock actuator died. Unable to electronically lock or unlock the car but everything else still works sigh price of owning an aging bmw. Parts from Eng Soon and other stockist seem to hover around the $620++ mark as there doesn't seem to be any OEM parts locally available.

Managed to find the parts WAYYY cheaper and it took all of 7 days to reach, looked up the DiY as this is perfectly doable with basic tools. This came complete with installation instructions and the soft close motor.

Free Repair Manual
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/...21-door-locks-handles-fittings-front/1KyXQ0Xb

Total time taken was about an hour and a bit fiddly but good as a rainy morning project to keep the boredom away. Most shops would charge about $80 for the install.

A good hint would be to connect everything up make sure the lock works before putting everything back together.

bmw_f10_lock_and_soft_close_1592471715_0545f21c_progressive.jpg
bmw_f10_lock_and_soft_close_1592471715_3175cb5c_progressive.jpg
bmw_f10_lock_and_soft_close_1592471715_49577d0c_progressive.jpg

Thank you for sharing the many wonder How-To DIY stuff, enjoyed seeing it. I would also like to learn from you how to DIY some of the stuff. One of the thing i want to change is the radio buttons on my ride, it had peeled quite badly, the other stuff is the sticky door handle at the back seats. Thanks once again!

Thank you for sharing the many wonder How-To DIY stuff, enjoyed seeing it. I would also like to learn from you how to DIY some of the stuff. One of the thing i want to change is the radio buttons on my ride, it had peeled quite badly, the other stuff is the sticky door handle at the back seats. Thanks once again!

The radio buttons just pop out. Just get a trim removal tool and go via the sides of the buttons. You can use a flat head screwdriver as well.

The radio buttons just pop out. Just get a trim removal tool and go via the sides of the buttons. You can use a flat head screwdriver as well.
Thanks for the heads up. I managed to find the air conditioning buttons easily, not the radio ones.

nice DIY info, thanks! For small item, ebay or taobao should be ok. Critical items better get from stockist unless you know the taobao vendor well

nice DIY info, thanks! For small item, ebay or taobao should be ok. Critical items better get from stockist unless you know the taobao vendor well

Yup most of my wear n tear stuff just pickup from Eng Soon as its hard to beat their prices plus immed stock on hand. Also any issue can also go back to them direct saves time.

Back