Engine oil to be use for F10

Re: Engine oil to be use for F10

bro, u don't need to go back to PML for servicing? How much is it when done outside, thanks.

Hello Gurus, Happy new year to all....

I have a question, is using engine oil with LL specs a must? Cos I have been trying several brands and realised so far, Blitz is not bad; having smooth response and acceleration compared to Redline (very super sluggish), OWS (good for star but turns to be sluggish after 5,000km).

Other than Blitz which was used before these changes, it was smooth and responsive but could not find if it is LL. Motul of cos is good but too expensive...

nothing is a must...as long as you do not come in here to ask why engine exploded.

LL specs is not a must (its your free world) but to accept consequences is a must (workshop's world is not free) ........

z76;1060260 said:
Hello Gurus, Happy new year to all....

I have a question, is using engine oil with LL specs a must? Cos I have been trying several brands and realised so far, Blitz is not bad; having smooth response and acceleration compared to Redline (very super sluggish), OWS (good for star but turns to be sluggish after 5,000km).

Other than Blitz which was used before these changes, it was smooth and responsive but could not find if it is LL. Motul of cos is good but too expensive...

What is important to me is how much of its original property is lost.

I would take blitz or whatever and go run a UOA to see what happened. Only true way to find out ......

davidtch;1060274 said:
What is important to me is how much of its original property is lost.

I servicing at PML and I bring my own engine oil Mobil 1 5w-50 for turbo charged car is good.

F10 comes with 5W40. After I switched from Mobil to Shell, I notice there is a significant change in fuel consumption. It used to be above 12l/100km with Mobil and now is 11.2 with Shell.

How much mileage you are at when u use Mobil 5W40?

I use Mobil 0W40 for my 1st 2 servicing (10k and 20k) fc not bad and ride smooth. 3rd use shell from PML dun feel gd. 4th servicing use castrol also no gd. 5th servicing going to use back Mobil.

Any idea if 50k servicing still can use Mobil 1 0W40?

Going for my near 30k servicing, going to use mobil 1 0w40 as per my 20k servicing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Was on Mobil 0w40 ....... Have you considered the german castrol ?

Ahwing;1063080 said:
Going for my near 30k servicing, going to use mobil 1 0w40 as per my 20k servicing.

anyone on Miller's? Any reviews?

Lots of people talking about Miller's nanotechnology oil offerings........

Hearsay the Queen of England like this oil ......

MW;1063170 said:
anyone on Miller's? Any reviews?

Red_Bean_Bun;1063168 said:
Was on Mobil 0w40 ....... Have you considered the german castrol ?

I am on German castrol. Starting seems ok. But when u reach 6k engine abit not smooth.

rt333;1063275 said:
I am on German castrol. Starting seems ok. But when u reach 6k engine abit not smooth.

I had the ticking sound at 6k with Mobil 0w40......so switched to GC.

I switched to Mobil 5W40 from 10k-30k km and switched back to SHELL at 40k km, now at around 60k km...

rt333;1063054 said:
How much mileage you are at when u use Mobil 5W40?

I use Mobil 0W40 for my 1st 2 servicing (10k and 20k) fc not bad and ride smooth. 3rd use shell from PML dun feel gd. 4th servicing use castrol also no gd. 5th servicing going to use back Mobil.

Any idea if 50k servicing still can use Mobil 1 0W40?

Anyone use liqui moly top tec 4100 5w40 on f10? Gd?

Any recommendation where can I get gd price for Mobil 1 0w40 or liqui moly top tec 4100 5w40?

Mx trading selling Mobil 1 0w40 $14/litre. Can we get lower then this from other suppliers?

Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalaliveco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups