E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

Mklow;966448 said:
I had my oil leak issues rectify yesterday. It was like consuming 1 litre for every 400km wa lau si bey siong. And water drys up after every 500km.
When the car was jack up you can see the oil dripping below even without opening up the cover.
Initial accessment found the leaking between the brake vaccum pump and the engine.

Had the oil sump seal, brake vaccum pump replaced and the engine top gasket. And a black cover with 2 sealing rings inside ( not sure what was that) that is causing the water leakage.

And since need to remove the gearbox to access to these areas. Might as well get them to rectify my gearbox jerking issues which is not happening always but coming quite frequent now. And since my mileage now 115k liao. I can see a big one is coming.
Not sure was it a good price but after much bargaining had the GB changed to a recon one with warranty. Was thinking might as well change the GB rather than change parts here and there further more got warranty. Thus including the above parts change for the engine. Total damage amounting to 5 grand. Now bleeding in my pocket liao.:(

the vaccum pump leak is very common for N46 engine.
not sure why your workshop had to remove the gearbox to access the vaccum pump as this pump is located at the back of the engine block near the firewall and the removal is from the top. when PML did mine, the mechanic just removed the trim pieces near the bottom of the windscreen to access the pump.

Disc as in rotors ?

How did that happened?

Alvin_Ng;960204 said:
I send my 2006 E90 to PML for checks and they pick up Disc undersize, absorber leaks. 3 days later, my headlight alarm came on (internal wiring insulation cracked and wire exposed) and air-con failed (gas leaked) and PML did not pick them up durign the checks.

Just bought my BMW E90 late 2005 model 2 weeks ago. Done evaluation at STA with B grading. This was the reason I decided to purchased the car with only 1 owner and 112k km mileage done. Drove for a few days, low oil warning came out needing 1L top up. So topped up 1L 5W40 engine oil. Things look ok then. But the next day while traveling on KPE highway, suddenly felt loss of power and the red engine warning light appeared. Stopped my car at the road shoulder, stopped and restarted the engine. Car vibrated and found difficulty to start engine with the warning light still there.

Drove slowly out of highway and stopped my car at a carpark. After resting for a while, the warning light disappeared and engine check ok. Called the workshop and was told to drive slowly to let them investigate the car.

The mechanic found gasket oil leak and defective crankshaft sensor are the likely cause. The repair costs more than $1k! at a workshop near IMM at Toh Guan East Road. My dealer only agreed to absorb 70% after much negotiations.

Bad experience with a used BM for a new comer! Very unlucky... Just hope that my car can serve me for a longer period and not blowing my pocket.

hi bro cheden88, maybe you shld bring your car to r2d or bvo to let them do a detailed check.if your car only have to spend 1k plus to rectify.this weekend can go loyang tua pek kong to pray and say thanks.i spend almost 6k to reactify my car problems.tale note of the oil leakage,cooling system and gearbox.

yup bro cheden. u're lucky its only 1k. when i took over my e90, i spent easily 5-7k on gearbox, oil leaks, absorber leaks, valve seal replacements. by 5 months i got fed up and worried about next up (air-con compressor, water/fuel pumps), taking all these into consideration, getting a used F30 seems quite worthwhile. (depreciation about 5k more only)

else if u still stick to ur e90, can pay francis workshop a visit. those people are a really nice bunch and they do a neat job. cheers for ur new ride!

Can please share Francis contact and location with me too? Bought a 07 e90 coming next month, thinking of doing a 1x good servicing so that no headache later on.

5.5 year less than 100k mileage is it recommended to do an overhaul? I intend to change all the rubbers once it arrives!

Thanks for the advice, Zincman and Xiaofoggy. So far my gearbox is smooth for both auto and manual modes. Ride is comfortable and engine is quiet after fixing the oil leak and defective crankshaft sensor. Hope for the better and not to spend too much for maintenance at least last till the next servicing in September. Must really pray hard lor...

Hi! All I am planning a trip up to see Francis on Wednes 3rd Apr. I intend to be at the causeway around between 10am - 1030am. Anyone like to join? This will be my first time. If, so pm me.

cheers!

Hi,
Can someone PM me address and contact for Francis's workshop? Thanks in advance.

Wah bro first post searching for WS contact...si mi dai chee?
Check ur box...contact sent!

axons;981586 said:
Can someone PM me the address as well. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Just ordered a 2006 E90 and I hope to have a JB contact as well.

Can PM me the location and contact number?

Thanks in advance!

Bro cheden88. U r lucky. Really must go Loyang tua pek kong to
Pray. Next week I'm handling over my e90. Total spent more than
$10k. Yesterday door can't open either from inside or outside . Damage
$300 to replace. I'm handling over next week my e90 still don't wan to
Let me go. Really Burnt My Wallet

Hi bros,
Any kind soul can PM me Francis address and contact? My 06 E90 leaking oil alr...thks!

nabei ... it's my turn to fix the legendary oil leak ... milleage 80k 4 years old :(

Last edited by a moderator:

May I have the details and contacts for the WS @ JB via PM.
Any map? The shop name, address, any nominal building, landmark?

I, hereby thank you forummers and this wonderful forum for such info shared.

Jackshen84

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789bet188club

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back