Driving to Sepang *how to?*

Re: Driving to Sepang *how to?*

roadblock with many many police u stop. single petrol car chase u..u just whack thru. open for about 5km...proton no chance one.

thing is their police cars, u canttell if u r coming up on them...not like our WRX. once u pass them then u can see the polic logo on the side of the protons. by then its too late. so for me i come up on white protons...i just floor it. by the time they get from 110 to 200....long gone.

got once they radio upfront...one single tropper parked his car below bridge n took a flag out to right lane..flagged me to stop after being radioed....i slow down...moved to left...he ran back to left side i open n after that no more trouble.

mock just chiong!!!!! no sound no count.

Toto, that's true... did the "slow down, wait for dude with red flag to move to his car and then floor it" tactic. Works everytime :)

i wanna try this slow down n take off mode...sounds fun.

Heard from 2nd December onwards, all will need the touch and go to pass thru the woodlands customs...

Azrielsc;398440 said:
Toto, that's true... did the "slow down, wait for dude with red flag to move to his car and then floor it" tactic. Works everytime :)

1st of all....solo cop may not be the real thing. but by the time he gets into car start engine n floor to chase u in that proton...u r easily 1km up the road...by the time he gets to 150. u r 3km away...

just dun crash.

our next outing we try , ai chase wa mai?

thnx for the tips guys. back hm safe and sound. managed to get there in bout 4 hours cos NS highway jammed for 1 hr...

comin back, reached tuas in bout 2 1/2hrs

good for you!

did you go cover a track session, or did you go tracking?

SEI's Tips

automatic, keep right foot down all the way for about 2 hrs.
manual, slowly go up to 6th or 5th and right foot down for 2hrs.

lol.. anyways.. to sepang my timings.

m3= 1:15
335=1:50
cr-v= 5hrs..

totoseow;398432 said:
roadblock with many many police u stop. single petrol car chase u..u just whack thru. open for about 5km...proton no chance one.

thing is their police cars, u canttell if u r coming up on them...not like our WRX. once u pass them then u can see the polic logo on the side of the protons. by then its too late. so for me i come up on white protons...i just floor it. by the time they get from 110 to 200....long gone.

got once they radio upfront...one single tropper parked his car below bridge n took a flag out to right lane..flagged me to stop after being radioed....i slow down...moved to left...he ran back to left side i open n after that no more trouble.

mock just chiong!!!!! no sound no count.
Am i reading it wrongly, or did u just outrun a proton on a pursuit after u? :p

I saw this 2008 thread in Lounge, and decided to move it here as it is more relevant.

Btw the famous road tulip is actually written by Antoinette, the original queen of sepang.

not sure it is responsible that there are so many people on this thread advising newbies (seeking directions) to speed, to run from cops

Yes, please be reminded to drive responsibly, drive safely, give yourself plenty of rest and time to drive, and make sure your car's technically prepared for a long trip with a speed limit higher than spore's. We dont promote irresponsible behaviours.

Hey Everbody!

Anybody able to help with directions from Singapore to Sepang? I know the way to Tuas and woodlands but hardly go Malaysia. scared get lost!

Thank you all! :)

Buy a navi system
or
Print out road direction from Google map

davidtch;669688 said:
Buy a navi system
or
Print out road direction from Google map

Thanks bro, did think of using google maps but was worried roads in Malaysia not updated. :(

Thanks anyway :)

Basically, after you hit the NSHW, just follow the signboards towards Kuala Lumpur. There'll be a Sepang / Nilai exit at about 40km to 50km (estimated) prior to KL. From there, just follow the signboards towards Sepang. When you reach a large cross-junction with several signs (including one saying "Paddock Entrance -->"), turn right. Drive down the road and you'll see the track entrance on your left. For petrol, go further straight down until you reach a T-junction and turn left. You'll see a Petronas on the right. Make a U-turn to get there. Follow the same route back to the track entrace (this time it'll be on your right).

Sorry these directions are a bit vague but it's just what I can remember. I go up at such long intervals that I seem to be finding my way each time too.

I normally drive up between 100kmh to 120kmh non-stop, and it takes about 3+ to 4 hours. Remember to give way to faster vehicles on the right lane, and beware of large/slow vehicles that are trying to overtake others. Also avoid tail-gating trucks and buses if you don't want to ruin your paintwork.

Gerald81;669851 said:
Basically, after you hit the NSHW, just follow the signboards towards Kuala Lumpur. There'll be a Sepang / Nilai exit at about 40km to 50km (estimated) prior to KL. From there, just follow the signboards towards Sepang. When you reach a large cross-junction with several signs (including one saying "Paddock Entrance -->"), turn right. Drive down the road and you'll see the track entrance on your left. For petrol, go further straight down until you reach a T-junction and turn left. You'll see a Petronas on the right. Make a U-turn to get there. Follow the same route back to the track entrace (this time it'll be on your right).

Sorry these directions are a bit vague but it's just what I can remember. I go up at such long intervals that I seem to be finding my way each time too.

I normally drive up between 100kmh to 120kmh non-stop, and it takes about 3+ to 4 hours. Remember to give way to faster vehicles on the right lane, and beware of large/slow vehicles that are trying to overtake others. Also avoid tail-gating trucks and buses if you don't want to ruin your paintwork.

Thank you for the info bro. Is it hard to find the NSHW in JB?

Honestly, just go buy a Garmin GPS and it will guide you there. The problem is not finding the track, but finding the pit entrance. If worst case, use the GPS to guide you to the closest Petronas to Sepang then one of the guys can come out and find you and guide you to the pit.

Take Tuas exit, head towards all the KL signs and they will bring you to the N-S, then yes, look for Nilai exit just before KL. BUT really, just get the GPS..... or follow one of the convoys up.

harold996tt;669974 said:
Honestly, just go buy a Garmin GPS and it will guide you there. The problem is not finding the track, but finding the pit entrance. If worst case, use the GPS to guide you to the closest Petronas to Sepang then one of the guys can come out and find you and guide you to the pit.

Take Tuas exit, head towards all the KL signs and they will bring you to the N-S, then yes, look for Nilai exit just before KL. BUT really, just get the GPS..... or follow one of the convoys up.
Thanks for emphasing my earlier point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888pro1
Back