Driving to Sepang *how to?*

Mockngbrd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
might be driving up to Sepang

never driven up alone before, any directions?

just wondering if it's hard to get there without a GPS unit?

anything i should look out for or roads i should be more careful at?

Will be heading up from SG bout 5am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Driving to Sepang *how to?*

just go north until nilai utama...look for sign to KLIA....

Got this from Alan a long time ago...

ROAD TULIP TO SEPANG

Here are the directions to Sepang via the Nilai exit (Exit 215, NS route marker ~283 / 284):
1. Exit at Nilai - exit 215, route marker 283/284 (you will pass several road signs prompting the Nilai exit at 7km, 1km..)
2. Immediately after exit there is a plaza toll
3. After the toll there is a timed traffic light junction with 3 lanes turning R
4. 12 o'clock at 2 roundabounts
5. Turn L at traffic lights to Sepang
6. 9 o'clock at roundabout to Sepang
7. Straight & u-turn for Petronas or straight & L to Sepang

And directions out of Sepang via the Nilai exit:
1. Straight from Petronas
2. 3 o'clock at 1st roundabout
3. R at 1st lights (straight through 2nd set of traffic lights)
4. 12 o'clock at 2nd roundabout (straight through 3rd set of traffic lights)
5. 11 o'clock at 3rd roundabout to JB
6. L at 4th lights
7. Join NS hwy

Hahaha that road tulip.....

You wrote one ar Jack? Do I need to submit royalties to you, incl. those times in the past I've used the tulip on prev trips up? :p

PS: Btw, you still owe me a ride in your yellow froggie.

Piggyboyz did it...
I memorized it

Yeah still owe you and many others too...

GTR is now 225k only, mai tu liao...Kenn says one.

50 myr each way got change...if u get lost just aim for KLIA....u follow tulips u stress urself.

Mockngbrd;398314 said:
how much roughly the toll fees?

I'd highly recommend getting Touch and Go. No need to deal with shillings which is a pain in Toto's ass. Toto say one.

Mockngbrd;398316 said:
haha ok...

thanks for the tips / tulips. i go printout... i est. about 3 hrs shud be more then enuff?

if you are not in rush to get there (like trackday when we die die have to get there by 9am), take your time (and don't break every speed limit).

3 hours is for people driving their cars like they stole it.

at not more than 120kmh average speed plus pee + makan breaks, it should take about 4 hours.

Mockngbrd;398319 said:
where to get those Touch n Go cards? only at certain toll booths? hw much is a card?

i got mine at a rest stop, but since you are heading up at 5am, no chance - not open yet. mebbe on the way back...

you can also get it at some toll stops - there are adjacent buildings next to the toll stops where you can get them.

if i remember correctly, first purchase is 10RM, including cost of card, but you have to top-up more - the last stop at the 2nd link is already 10.30RM.

ask dave, he's the best person since he drives up a lot.

Mockngbrd;398319 said:
where to get those Touch n Go cards? only at certain toll booths? hw much is a card?

I can pass you mine first if you need... Let me know... Just buy one on the way back when you stop by for A&W.

Mockngbrd;398364 said:
yeap... i is die die must be there by 9am...

those makeshift police road blocks, to stop or not to stop?

From JB to KL is about RM40..Those POLIS would not start work before 8.30am..That means u can BUKA all the way so long as u reach there before 8.30am..

Why not just set off earlier? Considering that it's your 1st drive there, and must take care of contingencies like wet weather, missing a turn-off... etc.

Also Mock, not sure of your experience in driving on the NS, so must be extra cautious.

will do AXL. thnx! drove a few times on NSH, but always wiith other ppl or cars. first time alone.

thnx for the offer FP, but think too late now, will just use $$ along the way. gonna zzz now.... thnx everyone

roadblock with many many police u stop. single petrol car chase u..u just whack thru. open for about 5km...proton no chance one.

thing is their police cars, u canttell if u r coming up on them...not like our WRX. once u pass them then u can see the polic logo on the side of the protons. by then its too late. so for me i come up on white protons...i just floor it. by the time they get from 110 to 200....long gone.

got

Back