CBD parking spaces sufficient, survey finds

Re: CBD parking spaces sufficient, survey finds

powersteer;706264 said:
In 2010, amid cries of overcrowded public transports. The CEO of SMRT said people can board the train - it is whether they choose to ...

Does the CEO of SMRT board the train?

Jase;706262 said:
Actually, what is the purpose behind the survey? What is LTA hoping to achieve? To quell the argument that more parking lots are needed OR to help drop the price of parking charges (since supply = demand)? OR something else?

thats the same question i always ask filling up those bo liao survey by MOM and Dept of Statistics.....these numbers are dead and for most instances, of not much use.....then comes the next question, we pay taxes to hire ppl to do em??

wt_know;706238 said:
coming soon ... carpark charges is too cheap compare to hong kong, tokyo, seoul, new york (country with no coe) ... bla bla bla

+1. They'll also say motorists can choose not to park in the CBD at certain hours... like between 8 to 6 on weekdays :liar:

powersteer;706264 said:
In 2010, amid cries of overcrowded public transports. The CEO of SMRT said people can board the train - it is whether they choose to ...

of cos can fit cos u have nice frenly service ambassador....still got room....still got room

20081122.115609_transport.jpg

Sometimes it is not even the survey per se, but the numbskull who reads and intepret the numbers. Smaller flats can be intepreted at more surface area per pax since family size smaller, and therefore, quality of living actually rose !!!

the truth i know in the CBD area is people will kill for a carpark lot at places like Golden Shoe etc......thats the real deal, not some crappy survey for show, to be used in some stupid debate or report by politicians

kenntona;706301 said:
Sometimes it is not even the survey per se, but the numbskull who reads and intepret the numbers. Smaller flats can be intepreted at more surface area per pax since family size smaller, and therefore, quality of living actually rose !!!

By that token, they must have assumed that parking on the roadside would count too.

Actually, I think the survey actually leaves the vital issue of cost out. So, there's parking but the charges are astronomical.

For example, you can park at Suntec for $220+ p/month (season parking) which is what people would want. BUT, you can also park there on a daily basis for about $26 (I think) which works out to $520 p/month (20 working days) which is insane. On that basis, there MAY be parking but it is just NOT reasonable to expect people to pay that amount.

And matters get worse as you approach the One Shenton Way / Raffles Place area. You may be able to park a car in the morning (on a regular lot) but you'll have to eBay your kidney to get it out in the evening.

Jase;706310 said:
And matters get worse as you approach the One Shenton Way / Raffles Place area. You may be able to park a car in the morning (on a regular lot) but you'll have to eBay your kidney to get it out in the evening.
maybe u bang down the barrier cheaper

Jase;706310 said:
By that token, they must have assumed that parking on the roadside would count too.

Actually, I think the survey actually leaves the vital issue of cost out. So, there's parking but the charges are astronomical.

For example, you can park at Suntec for $220+ p/month (season parking) which is what people would want. BUT, you can also park there on a daily basis for about $26 (I think) which works out to $520 p/month (20 working days) which is insane. On that basis, there MAY be parking but it is just NOT reasonable to expect people to pay that amount.

in that aspect,

perhaps season parking is too cheap in CBD?

zuoom;706337 said:
in that aspect,

perhaps season parking is too cheap in CBD?

Please don't go there...

Jase;706310 said:

i have paid quite a number of $70 parking illegally in CBD this year cos not enough lots or have to walk far far to Esplanade...:(

Why you illegal park at CBD to go Esplanade? Esplanade got ample parking space unless your Aston cannot enter the parking lot

MW;706354 said:
Why you illegal park at CBD to go Esplanade? Esplanade got ample parking space unless your Aston cannot enter the parking lot

i mean walk from Esplanade...to ORQ...HLB...OFC...except weekends Clifford Centre...

not tua kee...enough...i mean...not tua pai enough...

should park at fullerton bay hotel valet... no time limit

i dont go to CBD everyday... but on days that i need to go CBD... i usually park at MBFC or Golden shoe

i usually go about lunch time or just after lunch time... to be honest... i have never waited for a lot... yes its crowded but never overcrowded...always have space for me

most farked up parking is actually MBS

Last edited by a moderator:

sszone;706295 said:
thats the same question i always ask filling up those bo liao survey by MOM and Dept of Statistics.....these numbers are dead and for most instances, of not much use.....then comes the next question, we pay taxes to hire ppl to do em??

survey not bad lar, keep us entertain and tkss... next they will say out of 10, 4.5 male eat chicken rice.. botay,iscream,terry,mw & milk(0.5). :nehnehhh:sorry for O.T. irrelevant.

iltdqd;706546 said:
survey not bad lar, keep us entertain and tkss... next they will say out of 10, 4.5 male eat chicken rice.. botay,iscream,terry,mw & milk(0.5). :nehnehhh:sorry for O.T. irrelevant.

then how many eat duck rice?? :errr:

sszone;706556 said:
then how many eat duck rice?? :errr:

simple maths bro. 4.5 but cannot say names wait karchng peekchiat. the other one too small to perform....

Terry;706515 said:
should park at fullerton bay hotel valet... no time limit

i dont go to CBD everyday... but on days that i need to go CBD... i usually park at MBFC or Golden shoe

i usually go about lunch time or just after lunch time... to be honest... i have never waited for a lot... yes its crowded but never overcrowded...always have space for me

most farked up parking is actually MBS

MBFC season parking wait list runs close to a hundred. Hourly parking is $5/hour -- good for occasional shopper, dire if you park all day, everyday.

With tenants moving into MBFC towers 2 & 3, the situation will get worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

U c, he is not wrong to say that there is no shortages.... Just whether you want to pay the $5/hr rate only....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back