CBD parking spaces sufficient, survey finds

Re: CBD parking spaces sufficient, survey finds

Who did they interview? Bicyclists?

When I was at Taka picking up the wife, I saw a white S-class, number SEP 1, surrounded by white Volvo XC90 & TP, parked on the kerb just off the main thoroughfare of the Taka entrance.

LIKE THAT OFF COURSE PLENTY OF CAR PARK SPACES IN THE CBD FOR THE MINI$TARS LAH! KNNCCB

I think the survey was done in 2001 not 2011, the results were 10yrs late, just like our weather forecast which said sunny but rained 2 days n sunny on the 3rd day, which they said rain. Cb

I guess most of the ppl reply to LTA for this crap survey is "park yew"

ST
There are sufficient parking spaces for offices in the Shenton Way-Raffles Place area, a survey conducted by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) has found.

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew revealed the survey results on Monday in a written reply to parliamentary questions posed by Mr Liang Eng Hwa (Holland-Bukit Timah GRC)

The survey, carried out over six months from the last quarter of last year to the first quarter of this year, found that on average the carparks in the area were about 70 per cent full during peak periods.

di-5RYY.gif

Mark Twain in 1906, "Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself....... There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

i can only say very consistent type of survey result among all the ministry

In 2005 HDB did a survey amid cries for help over shortage of flats. Then Minister Mah BT said the study showed that there are enough flats and that Singaporeans are just choosy.

A very dangerous move by them as this directly impact the white collars who will definitely vote more sensibly n wisely during the next ge. :screwedu:

I can't believe that they would actually say something like this. Ask ANYONE who works in the area and drives to work and they'll tell you (heck, they'll scream) that parking is a freakin' nightmare. Not only are parking lots RARE, they are also very expensive.

So, I can't believe that LTA can play ignorant here. I suspect that the survey was conducted amongst in the MRT stations where those who were interviewed have little or no need to drive.

or they conducted the survey on Sunday

MW;706208 said:
or they conducted the survey on Sunday

plenty of lots on sunday cos CBD like ghost town

if there's so many ample lots, we won't see members here posting, begging, wtb for lots in CBD liao....

maybe thats why alot of such reports including those for public transport have less n less credibility in the eyes of the public

One Minister went to Bhutan for a week and came back saying Bhutanese are not happy...

Happiest people on earth!

They must have heaps of parking lots there.

self denial to the ultimate
coming soon ... carpark charges is too cheap compare to hong kong, tokyo, seoul, new york (country with no coe) ... bla bla bla
99% carpark charges to be raised upward in the name of discouraging buying car and encouraging public transport

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, what is the purpose behind the survey? What is LTA hoping to achieve? To quell the argument that more parking lots are needed OR to help drop the price of parking charges (since supply = demand)? OR something else?

In 2010, amid cries of overcrowded public transports. The CEO of SMRT said people can board the train - it is whether they choose to ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back