Buying a F10

A.King

Hi all,

I’m thinking of buying a 2010 F10 523i with 10 years renew COE as the depreciation is really attractive.

May I check what are the common issue with this car I should take note before buying it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Haha.. Sorry typo..
mostly nothing much!! except the standard wear and tear!!! if all done up! then it can go on and on trouble free!

How about the Gb? I read in this forum and some of them have the common jerk n hesitation from GB.

have loved the F10 since the day it came out in 2010. Beautiful lines and just the appropriate size. Looks good till today, although nearly a ten year car. Believe it'd be a good contender for COE renewal. Friend did 450000km with oil changes and the usual wear and tear.

have loved the F10 since the day it came out in 2010. Beautiful lines and just the appropriate size. Looks good till today, although nearly a ten year car. Believe it'd be a good contender for COE renewal. Friend did 450000km with oil changes and the usual wear and tear.

Ya man. Look the sporty look of the F10. Even though going 10 years for this model but it still look nice..

Same as 3 series n52 engine. 2.5 litre

Check for oil leaks. Oil filter housing, valve cover and sump.

Replace atf and valve seals
Differential oil
Melting door handles
PCV and valve cover will need replacement
Vanos solenoids
Usual plugs and coils
Radiator and aircon compressor
Water pump too if not done.
control arms

Usually full tank can go between 500-800km, so depending on how you drive and also the type of model you choose. The Turbocharge 520i/528i/535i are suppose to be slightly more economical then 523i. Usually 2nd hand dealer will give 1 year warranty, but there are different warranty category, some might cover more so depend on your negotiation.

i got a old one recently too. bmw 523i F10
if light footed, 10.5km/l (80kmph at 1.5k rpm, work-home, expressway)
heavy footed, 9+km/l
city driving only with lotsa traffic, 8+ km/l

i got a old one recently too. bmw 523i F10
if light footed, 10.5km/l (80kmph at 1.5k rpm, work-home, expressway)
heavy footed, 9+km/l
city driving only with lotsa traffic, 8+ km/l
Full tank is how many litres bro? Minus reserve.

I have been heavy footing it....about 480km for 63litre of shell 98. Then again, I was driving like a daytona driver with the 523I...i am sure 528 or 520 can do better FC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back