Bought my first BMW : )

Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656107 said:
Haha bro, I am currently driving a rex, and is trying to sell off all my modifications and it is really a hassle. I already told myself no more mods, prob an ecu reflash after the first 12,000km to bring the torque up for better drivability...

I guess MTL is the ecu reflash software? Or is MTL the tuner? How much do they charge for ecu reflash?

MTL = Mai Tu Liao :p Its an ECU reflash & will helps to take away 318i detune specs to above 320i (smelly smelly gains : 40BHP) :thumbsup:

Before collection of my ride last yr, I also told my wife tat I will not be modding it. Ended up on e 3day of collection, Ive started to mod :oooops:

As a saying goes: Once a Modsters, Always a Modsters .. :fineprin:

Cheers ~~ :)
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656192 said:
Thanks. Do you know if those y cables that are selling on eBay can work on the car? Have u tried it on iPhone and can it charge e iPhone at the same time?

If just for charging yur iphone, U can use e charging cables comes with yur iphone & plug into e USB connecter can already.. There r 02areas, 1st area is inside e front passanger glove box (right hand side) 2nd area is inside center console arm rest compartment.

Y cables works on e ride.

Cheers ~~ :)
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656192 said:
Thanks. Do you know if those y cables that are selling on eBay can work on the car? Have u tried it on iPhone and can it charge e iPhone at the same time?

Dear Bro,

buy a aux cable and plug into the aux inlet to hook up your iphone. The usb inlet can also charge your iphone using the iphone power cable.

When you are listening to your music which is played from the iphone thru the car speakers and a call comes in, the music will mute automatically and you can hear the other party clearly on the speakers of the car. You can speak to the other party as if you have a handsfree / bluetooth and the other party can still hear you. But the voice quality of your words (heard on the other end) is not that good. However if you not particular, it still works.

Enjoy!

Cheers!
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

tomace;656204 said:
MTL = Mai Tu Liao :p Its an ECU reflash & will helps to take away 318i detune specs to above 320i (smelly smelly gains : 40BHP) :thumbsup:

Before collection of my ride last yr, I also told my wife tat I will not be modding it. Ended up on e 3day of collection, Ive started to mod :oooops:

As a saying goes: Once a Modsters, Always a Modsters .. :fineprin:

Cheers ~~ :)

You may be right bro but I'm going to try my best this time round!
Anyway how does e ecu reflash for BMW work? Is it like how my Rex is tuned ie dependent on the skill of e tuner or is there is preset map that can just e loaded in?something like e mines upgrade for GTR? Meaning if I go in bone stock then the tuner just load the map in and wow!

What's e cost like? Sorry for asking so many questions as I have been driving scoobies for the last 7 years and am not familiar with conti. Tks!
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

V6ENGINE;656209 said:
Dear Bro,

buy a aux cable and plug into the aux inlet to hook up your iphone. The usb inlet can also charge your iphone using the iphone power cable.

When you are listening to your music which is played from the iphone thru the car speakers and a call comes in, the music will mute automatically and you can hear the other party clearly on the speakers of the car. You can speak to the other party as if you have a handsfree / bluetooth and the other party can still hear you. But the voice quality of your words (heard on the other end) is not that good. However if you not particular, it still works.

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Thanks bro for your explanation. I think I got it. So I better buy the aux cable n bring it alog when I collect my car to test it out. Any recommendation on where to buy other than eBay?
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656213 said:
You may be right bro but I'm going to try my best this time round!
Anyway how does e ecu reflash for BMW work? Is it like how my Rex is tuned ie dependent on the skill of e tuner or is there is preset map that can just e loaded in?something like e mines upgrade for GTR? Meaning if I go in bone stock then the tuner just load the map in and wow!

What's e cost like? Sorry for asking so many questions as I have been driving scoobies for the last 7 years and am not familiar with conti. Tks!

All e best to u on e lunz ~~ :p

For reflash it would be better to check it out with BOSS motorsports. (look for Nic, nice guy)
From wat I know / gathered, its something like Ecutec thingy.. a pre set software loaded into yur ecu, then fine tune it towards driving patten (heard also can adjust e TPS position too) To revert back, its just load back the stock software only..

I may be wrong as im still under learning stage for conti too.

Cheers ~~ :)
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656214 said:
Thanks bro for your explanation. I think I got it. So I better buy the aux cable n bring it alog when I collect my car to test it out. Any recommendation on where to buy other than eBay?

Harvey Norman, Courts, Sim Lim should sell those. Cheap also. I rmbed my dad bought one for like $3. Cheap and good aux cable :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656190 said:
So I have a telephone button on e steering wheel that doesn't do anything. Hmm that's stupid. Why do they do that haha

Save costs. :p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656190 said:
So I have a telephone button on e steering wheel that doesn't do anything. Hmm that's stupid. Why do they do that haha

i also think so........




cheers
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Welcome Bro.

Wah..... Rex to 318...big diff.

I went from tuned Civic Type-R to 325i oso can feel its slower... but the inline6 smoothness........mmmmmmmm
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Hi Bros

I been browsing thru the forum and would like to know what the MY11 318i is

E90? E92?

So far I figured out that F10 is the 5 series...haha
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656905 said:
Hi Bros

I been browsing thru the forum and would like to know what the MY11 318i is

E90? E92?

So far I figured out that F10 is the 5 series...haha

Hi Contra,

Current 3 Series (up coming is F30 in 2012)
E90 is Sedan
E91 is Touring
E92 is Coupe
E93 is Convertible (Transformer)

F10 yes, latest 5 Series



cheers
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

ac323;656907 said:
Hi Contra,

Current 3 Series (up coming is F30 in 2012)
E90 is Sedan
E91 is Touring
E92 is Coupe
E93 is Convertible (Transformer)

F10 yes, latest 5 Series



cheers

OIC!

Thanks bro. So that means all the E90 items listed on E92-Lighting website can be installed on my car.
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656908 said:
OIC!

Thanks bro. So that means all the E90 items listed on E92-Lighting website can be installed on my car.


yes, so long is for E90................as coupe/cabrio might not shared the same parts for certain items......




cheers
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

9v-jkl;656670 said:
Welcome Bro.

Wah..... Rex to 318...big diff.

I went from tuned Civic Type-R to 325i oso can feel its slower... but the inline6 smoothness........mmmmmmmm

yes its slow, but im not looking for power anymore : ) I'm coming in with my eyes open so the lack of power shd not bother me! (cross fingers)

Have to agree that the engine is much more refined than my old car though
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

tomace;656207 said:
If just for charging yur iphone, U can use e charging cables comes with yur iphone & plug into e USB connecter can already.. There r 02areas, 1st area is inside e front passanger glove box (right hand side) 2nd area is inside center console arm rest compartment.

Y cables works on e ride.

Cheers ~~ :)

Thanks for the info. Is there a usb connector in the glove box? that means if I want to use it I need to put my phone in the glove box?

And is there a hole for the cable to come out from the centre console or do we need to put our phone in the centre console? These 2 things have been bothering me coz I cannot figure out the logic hehe
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

E92-Lighting;656382 said:
congrats and welcome aboard

Hi E92-Lighting

Are you located in Sg ? I browsed thru your website and some items looked really interesting...
 
Re: Bought my first BMW : )

Contra;656912 said:
Thanks for the info. Is there a usb connector in the glove box? that means if I want to use it I need to put my phone in the glove box?

And is there a hole for the cable to come out from the centre console or do we need to put our phone in the centre console? These 2 things have been bothering me coz I cannot figure out the logic hehe

Not too sure about 318i, mine has (320i) There are no holes in either location & normally I will place the phone inside the center console, close e cover so my arm can rest. (Ive got idrive with bluetooth function tho) :oops: :oops:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
82,792
Messages
1,019,510
Members
78,670
Latest member
oxbett2com
Back
Top