BMW 1M vs Tuned 135i

Re: BMW 1M vs Tuned 135i

kenntona;716371 said:
Was that the case at all?

that was my take on the writeup

e46monster;716376 said:
nope not that but, after driving the m3 and considering the price back in 2008 apr i felt it had too much hype and NOT up to what the previous m3s were eg. e30 (drove this in switzerland in 1999) / e36 evolution specs / e46.
an m car is the epitome of lightweight + good power + fine balance + precise handling + value for the buck.
in this instance the e92 (supposed to be developed further) failed in lightweight / power / precise handling / value for the buck (and that's not to compare with jap or korean cars).
i felt the difference in $$ spent for the lighter e82 would be able to match or even better the stock m3 and i am not wrong (rc s'pore race king drove it and did not want to return mine with the intention of tracking it) in the handling / poise / balance / power is = m car.
this was not baseless but having owned e36 and e46 and converted ($$ spent substantially) beyond what is speakeable on the open forum, i can speak from experience.

Yes, everybody has different priorities and preferences in a car. Thanks for sharing your reasoning. Sounds like u know what u want and voted with your wallet :) I am glad it has worked out fine for u!

I must say as much as I enjoy the M3, I really miss the torque in the 135i. Much more conducive for city driving. These days, I have problem overtaking those crazy ass turbo diesel taxis if I am in the wrong gear. Never had this issue previously. I guess I am driving it wrong :)

clar;716496 said:
These days, I have problem overtaking those crazy ass turbo diesel taxis if I am in the wrong gear. Never had this issue previously. I guess I am driving it wrong :)

u need to drive like crazy ass first

Mockngbrd;716518 said:
u need to drive like crazy ass first

U know, this high rev thing gets kinda tiring in city driving. Even if one drops the gear manually in anticipation, the whole world knows u are primed for action due to the sound. Not very civilized in traffice. It's heck of a lot of fun when u get a clear piece of road tho esp curvy ones.

clar;716547 said:
U know, this high rev thing gets kinda tiring in city driving. Even if one drops the gear manually in anticipation, the whole world knows u are primed for action due to the sound. Not very civilized in traffice. It's heck of a lot of fun when u get a clear piece of road tho esp curvy ones.

mate, check pm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chanlebank
Back