Bilstein shocks

strats

Hi, if I use bilstein shocks with stock springs, does this lower the car?

B4 is the model closest to stock shock comfort level? Any other recommended brands for shocks? Thanks.

Hi, if I use bilstein shocks with stock springs, does this lower the car?

B4 is the model closest to stock shock comfort level? Any other recommended brands for shocks? Thanks.

Hi Strats,

stock spring will still be the stock height unless you get lowering spring.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Any bros can share on stock springs with bilstein b4? I need to change mine soon. Considering between this combo versus Bilstein B12. Looking for comfort. WS keep insisting B12 is equally comfortable.

Any bros can share on stock springs with bilstein b4? I need to change mine soon. Considering between this combo versus Bilstein B12. Looking for comfort. WS keep insisting B12 is equally comfortable.

stock is most comfortable...........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks Bro.
Are you referring to the original Bmw absorbers or B4 absorbers? Understand B4 is the OEM replacement.

Both alright....

*** hope owner that uses B4 can come in to comment also..
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

OEM = B4 if you want comfort. WS is BSing you, B12 is firmer sporty type supposed to be paired with lowering springs. What workshop is this please ? A few workshop also trying to be funny recommending different types of shocks for front and back.

I am using B4 shocks with stock springs. Comfort level wise is very close. The B4 is just a little more firmer as compare to stock shocks.

It's not equally as comfortable.

I am on B6 with stock springs and the ride is alr significantly harsher vs stock, let alone B12 which is B8 + lowered eibach springs.

Get away from that ws.

OT : but also looking around for suspension.are the B12s the OEM equivalent of the M sport suspension.

OT : but also looking around for suspension.are the B12s the OEM equivalent of the M sport suspension.

Harsher and lower drop vs the m sport suspension.
Also note that b12 has 2 variants, the pro kit (Low) and sportline kit (Lower)

seems there are lots of feedback that 330i m sport suspension very stiff. if b12 is even stiffer, then better think thrice before changing to it.

seems there are lots of feedback that 330i m sport suspension very stiff. if b12 is even stiffer, then better think thrice before changing to it.

could be the spring rate as well...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Greatly appreciated.
BTW the WS that recommended B12 is one of the sponsor here.
My itchy mouth as I did asked for available option aside from B4.

Harsher and lower drop vs the m sport suspension.
Also note that b12 has 2 variants, the pro kit (Low) and sportline kit (Lower)

hmm.do u think that the Sportline will be too low.F20 here.And the car is a daily driven car by my wife and I.Was quite happy with the M sport suspension even if it is a tad firm.

hmm.do u think that the Sportline will be too low.F20 here.And the car is a daily driven car by my wife and I.Was quite happy with the M sport suspension even if it is a tad firm.

Sportline kit might be a tad too low if you have a front splitter and if the mscp you frequent have steep slopes.

Used B4 previously. It’s not equal to stock. It’s not just the slight firmness difference only. It feel that the shock travel on B4 is shorter. Might be because the B4 is a gas shocks.

Am using Koni FSD now. Surprisingly as comfortable if not more than stock. Firmness only feel it during cornering.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
betonstein1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back