Auto Transmission (symbol of exclamation mark inside a circular gear

Re: Auto Transmission (symbol of exclamation mark inside a circular gear

Derrrick Yap;641742 said:
I would suggest you guys go for an ATF and filter replaced. It should be leaking and the ATF is low n that y the warning came on. Mechanical parts in the gearbox is very strrong and will last for more than 300K with regular ATF change.

Most owmer face gearbox problem in olden days is becos PML claim that the ATF is for lifetime used.

Oil undergoing temperature will sure to deterate and looses it vicosity hence not providing sufficient Lub to moving parts n ended up some things will have to give way.

+1

My previous ride, E90 110,000 km, experienced the problem of loud thud and jerk forward when coming to a stop. Initially thought the gearbox kaput but with the recommendation from a workshop, I changed the ATF and filter.. After that problem solved.

Lifetime ATF is bullship, we shld change it every 50k (may be)

Hi, i am a newbie here, any good recomendation for changing the ATF & filter ? & roughly whats the damage like ?
Cos going to collect my 2 nd hand 2007 320i next week.......
Think should get it change cos dunno whether the previous owner did it or not.... the mileage is about 105K liao...
Pls advice a new bird like me...
Many thks...

Go to BOSS and they can take of this

Thanks for the recomendation.
May i know how much is the cost roughly ?
Thanks

My e90 325i when coming to a stop as i apply my brake will give me a extra push on the rear before coming to a stop.

My Indicator continues to show that my rear light failure but I do not see anything failing so what is wrong, the exclaimation mark is always on my dashboard.

mcqueen;711519 said:
Thanks for the recomendation.
May i know how much is the cost roughly ?
Thanks

I replaced mine last year at 60,000km for about $600...

(o ) | ( o)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suksesmandiri
Back