Any new 116i owners?)

Re: Any new 116i owners?)

Yan-;1116246 said:
How is the ride thus far?

I am looking to get a 1 series but am wondering about the potential problems it may have, especially on the 1 series.

Collected a new 116i with manual GB in Jan/Feb 2015.No issues yet ( touchwood) .Just changed engine oil post the running in period.Quite enjoyable. The only irritant may be the Run flats which are noisy.May ask questions if have doubts.

afmcbeemer;1116249 said:
Collected a new 116i with manual GB in Jan/Feb 2015.No issues yet ( touchwood) .Just changed engine oil post the running in period.Quite enjoyable. The only irritant may be the Run flats which are noisy.May ask questions if have doubts.

I am thinking of purchasing a second hand 116, since they stopped selling it now. Wondering what could be potential problem to look out for when I am buying the car.

Yan-;1116306 said:
I am thinking of purchasing a second hand 116, since they stopped selling it now. Wondering what could be potential problem to look out for when I am buying the car.

i will be collecting my 2nd hand 116i tomorrow :) enjoy the ride hehe

Yan-;1116246 said:
How is the ride thus far?

I am looking to get a 1 series but am wondering about the potential problems it may have, especially on the 1 series.

ride is ok, just changed out my oil at the 6k mark. but i wish they allowed me to indent the 118 instead.

afmcbeemer;1116249 said:

i didnt realise there could be a manual option. did u buy from pml? my problem with run flats is that my options for tires are limited, and heavy. planning to change out to pss once this set if rft is done. but it did save me when i had a nail 2mth into ownership.

Yan-;1116306 said:

too new to f20 to offer any advice. check out the overseas forums may have more discussions. or you may want to wait for the lci model to be out.

Yan-;1116306 said:

This ? UK forum has a wealth of info on the 1 series - Index page . The facelift model has been launched with rebranding of the model numbers ( the 116i is now the 118! ) and should be here sometime in the future.I guess that this is why the current 1 series has been taken off the market.

Banmine;1116397 said:
i didnt realise there could be a manual option. did u buy from pml? my problem with run flats is that my options for tires are limited, and heavy. planning to change out to pss once this set if rft is done. but it did save me when i had a nail 2mth into ownership.

Wanted a manual from the onset . Informed the SE and an indent was placed for the same. However , they could not offer me a test drive for a manual .

Hi Folks,
saw that PML had a promo over the weekend on the 116D. Anyone here can comment on that car? Seem like the selling point is on the torque (270NM claimed) and frugality on fuel... claimed 1200KM per tank..
just wondering upsides and downsides to this.. thanks for sharing everyone.

Collected my 116d 10 days ago. I like the mid range power, easy to overtake on expressway. At slow speeds the lag is a bit obvious and expected but then again, it is a small engine with a small turbo.
Fuel frugality? Not like the advertised 1200km on 1 tank but I admit I often switch off the auto start/stop function that is supposed to save fuel. Main advantage of diesel is the price of it! if you travel a lot, say 50km a day, this could be very worth the extra road tax for a diesel engine.
I have to drive this a lot more to comment further.

Aestatic;1126082 said:
Collected my 116d 10 days ago. I like the mid range power, easy to overtake on expressway. At slow speeds the lag is a bit obvious and expected but then again, it is a small engine with a small turbo.
Fuel frugality? Not like the advertised 1200km on 1 tank but I admit I often switch off the auto start/stop function that is supposed to save fuel. Main advantage of diesel is the price of it! if you travel a lot, say 50km a day, this could be very worth the extra road tax for a diesel engine.
I have to drive this a lot more to comment further.

Hi There,
Thanks for your feedback. You are right. Got mine recently too and like you, keep switching the auto start button off as I find it annoying. I'm getting almost 860km a tank of diesel. Seem cheaper to run if driving a lot. My first evening upon collecting the car, I drove 200 km to get used to the car. Quite fun on acceleration and the 8 speed gearbox does help lower the revs on the highway. Enjoying it so far apart from the diesel clatter that needs getting used too coming off from a straight six engine before.

Cheers. Will

Hey hey,

collected my 116d a couple of weeks ago as well. I managed to hit very close to 1000km on my second full tank (first tank was provided by PML). My driving style is not quite spirited though. probably about 40% highway and 60% city driving.

the ride... well, can't quite compare, i came from a inline 6 previously as well. But this car is a lot more fun to drive... I'm a big guy. So the comfort part lose out to the bigger rides that i had.

Willsx3;1126083 said:
Hi There,
Thanks for your feedback. You are right. Got mine recently too and like you, keep switching the auto start button off as I find it annoying. I'm getting almost 860km a tank of diesel. Seem cheaper to run if driving a lot. My first evening upon collecting the car, I drove 200 km to get used to the car. Quite fun on acceleration and the 8 speed gearbox does help lower the revs on the highway. Enjoying it so far apart from the diesel clatter that needs getting used too coming off from a straight six engine before.

Cheers. Will

The 116d really looks like it's worth it, very tempting. I'll wait till they offer the M-sport version with the kit.

tankspeed;1126408 said:
The 116d really looks like it's worth it, very tempting. I'll wait till they offer the M-sport version with the kit.

PML is offering the M135i now. Saw it on sgcarmart. 210k

Hi Bro with the new 116D. Can I know what is the wheel offset, bolt pattern and tyre size pls

e.g. 7J x 16
5 x 114.3
205/55 R16

Thanks alot

CYWE;1126459 said:
Hi Bro with the new 116D. Can I know what is the wheel offset, bolt pattern and tyre size pls

e.g. 7J x 16
5 x 114.3
205/55 R16

Thanks alot
For what size? 16 17 18 or 19 inch?

Hi fellow 1er bro/sis, just collected my 116d tis week... happy wif the car..:D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads