All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Re: All about Z4 (E89/ E86/ E85) thread

Tuning problem?? Hmmmm, maybe red bean bun can help :thinking:

wanaka;641902 said:
Sh*t... been encountering transmission slipping from 1st to 2nd gear for the past 2 days. Remaining gear changes are fine. Not always, but maybe 5 out of 10 times when i move off from stationary.. Stepped on my accelerator, car move off, lose power for close to 2 secs before picking up speed again (foot still pressing down accelerator).
Did my ATF change 10,000 km ago... Hmm.. have to pay Ah wee a visit.
Any folks experience this and got it fixed? Pls share.
p/s: mine is E85, auto 5-speed (non-SMG model).
Cheers.

what's your mileage???

cheers

59500km. Hope it's just tuning issue.. Mileage is kinda low for slippage to happen..:(

wanaka;641915 said:
59500km. Hope it's just tuning issue.. Mileage is kinda low for slippage to happen..:(

Hi wanaka,

could be the fuel pump................

cheers

wanaka;641902 said:
Sh*t... been encountering transmission slipping from 1st to 2nd gear for the past 2 days. Remaining gear changes are fine. Not always, but maybe 5 out of 10 times when i move off from stationary.. Stepped on my accelerator, car move off, lose power for close to 2 secs before picking up speed again (foot still pressing down accelerator).
Did my ATF change 10,000 km ago... Hmm.. have to pay Ah wee a visit.
Any folks experience this and got it fixed? Pls share.
p/s: mine is E85, auto 5-speed (non-SMG model).
Cheers.

So you mean your rev goes up but your car not moving for 2 seconds ?

Same thing if you start and put to SD mode ?

Red_Bean_Bun;641932 said:
So you mean your rev goes up but your car not moving for 2 seconds ?

Same thing if you start and put to SD mode ?

I tried out some driving patterns this morning. Experienced same feedback in both non-SD and SD modes.

On flat road and when moving off from stationary;
Car does move off slowly, but not as responsive as long as the rev stays below 2 rpm. It seems like there is some hesitation in responding and not getting into 2nd gear. When I hit slightly more than 2 rpm, the car seems to revitalise and respond.

On slopes and when moving off from stationary;
I went to a mutli-storey carpark. Was stationary before a up-slope, and then started my experiment. Experienced the same feedback - car still move off, acceleration is not responsive to my the increase in RPM. Actually, it felt slighly worse since i am moving up against gravity, and i can hear my car working harder to push itself up. Once it hit above 2, it engages into 2nd gear. If I allow my car to slow down after reaching the upper deck, the same thing happens again. It seems that the car is 'lost' between gear 1 and gear 2, and during that period, it is like reving the car when putting the gear in Neutral.

The slippage is between 1 - 2 seconds and the hesitation is pretty annoying. Funny thing is that i also realize something:
Step accelerator -> move off from stationary -> car rev up, but not responsive (experienced hesitation) -> ease my acceleraion and step again -> car picks up responsiveness again.

Hmmm....

Last edited by a moderator:

wanaka;641915 said:

most likely is tuning issue. i reflash my ECU for my last ride and i had this problem after 60,000k together with pushing my car too hard:thinking:

Hi guys,

i just got my z4 e86 non si version recently. Can someone enlighten me what is the different between SI n non SI version.

Understood that the bhp is different. Can the non Si be reflash to thte same bhp as the Si version?

cupholders;641803 said:
OEM quite ex + i have to cut it for my quad. No way im gonna spend so much :errrrrrr:

Most importantly, its CUSTOM MADE so nobody will have the same thingy. I like that. :goodup:

dress up duke;642131 said:
Most importantly, its CUSTOM MADE so nobody will have the same thingy. I like that. :goodup:

Cupholder likes to customize many things :) .......

Plug in an OBD II scanner and look for error codes. If you are quite hands on - disconnect the MAF and see what happens........

wanaka;641974 said:
I tried out some driving patterns this morning. Experienced same feedback in both non-SD and SD modes.

On flat road and when moving off from stationary;
Car does move off slowly, but not as responsive as long as the rev stays below 2 rpm. It seems like there is some hesitation in responding and not getting into 2nd gear. When I hit slightly more than 2 rpm, the car seems to revitalise and respond.

On slopes and when moving off from stationary;
I went to a mutli-storey carpark. Was stationary before a up-slope, and then started my experiment. Experienced the same feedback - car still move off, acceleration is not responsive to my the increase in RPM. Actually, it felt slighly worse since i am moving up against gravity, and i can hear my car working harder to push itself up. Once it hit above 2, it engages into 2nd gear. If I allow my car to slow down after reaching the upper deck, the same thing happens again. It seems that the car is 'lost' between gear 1 and gear 2, and during that period, it is like reving the car when putting the gear in Neutral.

The slippage is between 1 - 2 seconds and the hesitation is pretty annoying. Funny thing is that i also realize something:
Step accelerator -> move off from stationary -> car rev up, but not responsive (experienced hesitation) -> ease my acceleraion and step again -> car picks up responsiveness again.

Hmmm....

edowama;642033 said:
Hi guys,

i just got my z4 e86 non si version recently. Can someone enlighten me what is the different between SI n non SI version.

Understood that the bhp is different. Can the non Si be reflash to thte same bhp as the Si version?

E85? I think E86 is the Z4M.

I haven't been able to find the differences between "I" and "SI" models too, except the bhp difference. Besides tuning, I read that some parts, e.g. headers, are also different, so the "I" model cannot be reflashed to "SI" specs without the necessary modifications.

valjean;642155 said:
E85? I think E86 is the Z4M.

I haven't been able to find the differences between "I" and "SI" models too, except the bhp difference. Besides tuning, I read that some parts, e.g. headers, are also different, so the "I" model cannot be reflashed to "SI" specs without the necessary modifications.

E86 is the coupe version of the Z4...........

cupholders;642176 said:
Yes.. Same goes for the E85 roadsters as well.. like dress up duke's ride. Yummy

Woah, dress up duke is on a ///M roadster? Very cool.

Anyway, anyone wanna meet-up for dinner or something this Saturday? Going to meet RaidenGear. If you guys wanna come, please don't hesitate to contact me. :shakemyb:

cupholders;642208 said:
Anyway, anyone wanna meet-up for dinner or something this Saturday? Going to meet RaidenGear. If you guys wanna come, please don't hesitate to contact me. :shakemyb:

RaidenGear's cooking???

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taya365blog

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups