216d Grand Tourer

Re: 216d Grand Tourer

Any whatsapp chat groups for 216d AT, just got mine today, mineral white, beidge interior?:)

Hi guys, been driving mine for a week, everything's in good order so far. Just installed iRoad cam. Still trying to figure out the SatNav though. I think we will be seeing a lot more 2GT on the road soon.

Seems like White is very popular here. Mine is Platinum Silver on Brown.

Parents got one a couple of weeks ago. Cant believe it has no cruise control though, or am I missing something here?

601F;1132116 said:
Parents got one a couple of weeks ago. Cant believe it has no cruise control though, or am I missing something here?

you are correct - no cruise control - just a Limiter.

Ya looks like white is the popular color, seen quite a few on the road . No WhatsApp group so far, we could start one if the response is good?

HaloJames;1132124 said:
Ya looks like white is the popular color, seen quite a few on the road . No WhatsApp group so far, we could start one if the response is good?

already have a whatsapp group running. PM me.

Just created forum id because of this thread. Should be collecting it before CNY.

Any advice?

Make sure you squeeze sale guy for freebies lol. Don't take their carcam, get outside it's cheaper, better, nicer looking. Theirs look like those in taxis.

Thanks James. Very likely to to install it outside. Perhaps some users can share some issues to look out for?

I know there are old issues like battery drain, etc. I hope these are all resolved?

It also occur to me that I had posted 2 replies that didn't show up. I guess it's probably because I had put in some brand and model number. Lol.

Different sellers will have different feedbacks. I switched from Itronics to iRoad, been using for more than 1 month now, no issue at all. Price is 450 for front n back, both HD 1080. So I'm happy with it.
Anyone put up the series number 218d? So far I've seen a few on the road with 218d +GT. I've asked PML to order for me. Seems strange not having the series at the back. Frds have asked me if I took it down on purpose. I think it looks nicer with the series at the back.

Yes , top model , no issue . The cutoff voltage can be set via wifi app. The installer set it for me so that it will never drain the battery. But if kiasu , set it even lower.

yes, agree that the "official" in car cam installed by PML looks ugly. Its very big and squarish. Unfortunately already have it installed in the car. Should have joined the forum earlier to pick up some tips, hahaha..

The lack of cruise control is really strange, it is so commonplace in cars nowadays. Especially since the 216d is a Luxury line model with navigation, LED headlights, motorised tailgate etc but... no cruise control?

It's OK, at least there's a BMW badge on it ;-)

Yes I think it's great to have 2GT group. We can share tips regarding the car. One year later we might be buying tyres as a group, squeeze for bulk discount :)

Yes it's indeed weird y they took out cruise control. However, I don't miss that function at all. My past few cars all have cruise control but I really don't have the use for it. Even in msia, I used it just to try it out.
Hey our car is incredibly thrifty in consumption, and diesel is below a dollar now! Shiok!

cruise control useful in the KPE/MCE, set at 80+kmh and dont need to worry about speeding :p

yea, diesel is the way man!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksum88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back