216d Grand Tourer

Re: 216d Grand Tourer

yes we can create a whatsapp group chat.

my number is Nine688three27three.

I got Mineral white with saddle brown interior. Have been holding out on getting MPVs until this came along and checked all the right boxes. Quite impressed with the torque

we have a healthy sample size of F46 within our group chat now. :)
almost all colors in.

216d-GT whatsapp group created for would-be owners. PM me your mobile number if you would like to be added. Of course if you like to continue conversing with others here as well, we can do so too! Any other would-be 216d-GT owners? Did you get your COEs yesterday?

congrats to all whom have collected their 216D-GT rides! must post reviews ok?

Just took delivery of mineral white with saddle brown interior. Enjoy the smooth ride so far. Although 0-100kph acceleration is only 11s, it feels zippier than that, probably due to the relatively high low end torque. Takes awhile to get used to the automatic shut off engine when u stop at a traffic light but otherwise no complaints.

216GTX1;1129918 said:
Just took delivery of mineral white with saddle brown interior. Enjoy the smooth ride so far. Although 0-100kph acceleration is only 11s, it feels zippier than that, probably due to the relatively high low end torque. Takes awhile to get used to the automatic shut off engine when u stop at a traffic light but otherwise no complaints.

216GTX1 ... nice forum name! yes, agree that the auto start/stop can take a while to get used to but there is always the option of turning it off. would be interesting to hear of your real world fuel consumption.

We'll be collecting ours on coming Sat!!! ":)

someone wrote a review ...
New BMW 2 Series Grand Tourer Diesel Consumer Reviews & Review - sgCarMart

=======================

If you are looking for a midsize MPV then look no further. This car is packed full of features and great value for money. I was surprised that is has features found in cars costing tens of thousands more.. E.G. Lane keeping assist, power tailgate, auto parking, connected drive, and the list goes on.

It may be slightly smaller than some MPVs in the similar price range but it sure makes up by the versatility of the 7 seat configuration especially in the last row where you can lower one or two of the seats depending on your needs. Lot of storage compartments all over the car.. Only small gripe is I can't put a full sized tissue box :/

The drive is really nice. Being a 216d you won't get rabid power delivery of course, rather the diesel engine's torque just comes in spades like a hydraulic ram giving you effortless constant push up and above expressway speeds. Going up slopes..? No problem. Putting things in context, the handling is sharp and responsive for a MPV. Its a rather tall car so there is some body roll in corners. But if you had ever wanted to imagine what a BMW would drive like if they made MPVs then this is it... The BMW of MPVs err.. If you know what I mean.

What I like
Handles really well for a MPV
Excellent torque
Versatile interior configuration
Sound system
Low fuel consumption
Power tailgate comfort access
Full LED headlights and DRL
Welcome lights come on automatically when you return to your car

What I do not like
No space for standard tissue box
LED screen a bit smallish
Diesel engine sound a bit loud. No so apparent from inside the car though..
No cruise control

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88fo1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back