2 Series Active Tourer Owners, Fall In!

irage

Any active tourer owner here?

I will be collecting my AT(F45) next week before Good Friday.

As of 19 Mar - Registration plate will be SLA8554T to SLA9340L

AT owner list
Munhua2

Last edited by a moderator:
Me I am collecting on 9 APR. Glacer silver with black interior as platinum silver out of stock. It is 216d not 216i as diesel. Thks for opening a new at thread as previous one closed.

Congrat. My AT isGlacer silver with black interior too.
Have you secured your COE yet?

Not yet 2nd Apr bid. Reason being I chose platinum silver initially but no stock so later change to this Color. If u re using this Color, it means we are the only two owners of existing stock of this Color. I Guess easier to maintain with 2 young kids.

My initial choice was platinum silver too. SE told me the same reason 4 weeks ago.
However when I was at PML this afternoon, there was 1 platinum silver AT on the showroom but with a SOLD OUT label on windscreen.

correct it is out of stock as still on the way. Now PML is not importing more AT models as GT more popular. COE is high so no AD will import too many cars or else cannot sell. AD also sell in batches eg. last time when they clear AT 218i stock, they import AT 216d stock, then after that maybe AT 220d?

Coming from a scandal hit vw touran tdi background, I am glad that bmw did not cheat on its diesel emission nox and co2 readings using a defeat software. Yes actual road readings maybe higher than lab tests but not 40x as high as a vw diesel. Recently us epa approve the BMW x5 diesel before bmw start mass manufacturing in us. Btw our bmw at gb is using a Toyota aisin gb with torque converter not a 7 spd dual clutch gb in VW whereby the mechatronics unit (gb brain) will spoil after 1 yr and car cannot move. Many safety features are not in VW touran tool like our driving assistant. If u wat more, can do in elebest but very ex and may void warranty.

Thread stickied - good luck with getting more owners to roll call!

Munhua2;n1843703 said:
Any issues so far? I heard from forum here got aircon and valvetronic problems but maybe after 3 years.
I had once that I parked under the sun for 2 hr+, when I started the car, the collision assistant and lane departure assistance are not working cos it was too hot for the camera module. After driving the car for 5 minutes and restart, it works again. So far, no issue yet. Too early to know whether there will be aircon/engine problem. But its a BMW, don't expect the same reliability as Japanese car.

Just collected my car a few days ago and install Garmin Nuvicam gps with wiring hidden by recommended electrician at 77 Indus road. Install cruise control with elebest by changing the whole steering wheel to m version. Cruise control is worth it as it behaves better than other Brand. I was quite fed up with pml for not installing such a basic cruise control feature in 216d. The limiter is useless as it slows down the car like limp mode when speed limit reached. What I do not like about the auto wiper is must set on every time car start. Other Brand do not behave like this. I like Eco pro mode but sometimes mo lak. It also has to be set every time start car. The aircon is truely not as cold. I like the sports display but every time must press Idrive knob after start car. All these can be set by computer I think. now very leh Chek. The suspension is not so good because of 16" tyres even after pumping nitrogen with Stamford tires. 17" is better. Minus these above issues - it drives like touran Tdi but quieter engine with subtle auto start stop. It drives like 218i at because if u have driven touran Tdi the acceleration is lighter for vw. It is definitely more powerful than touran and something different about bmw -sheer driving pleasure! However it can never be compared to the 5 series as that large car is definitely smoother. The many many features in Idrive can be confusing at first as too many menus. However I like the driving assistant - warns you to be careful. Lastly A lot of brake and exhaust dust. In conclusion you will never switch to another brand again unless a supercar. No wonder my colleague upgrade from mb b class to a bmw 3 series and he says bmw is the best car he has driven.

Chio m steering wheels unhide levels behind and the leather really comfortable to hold

Those who want to save money can buy the cruise buttons only but need to indent from elebest. few hundred dollars only.

Have a 216d AT, collected 2 weeks ago. Been noticing that vibration is apparent on low speed, when slowing down to a stop or filtering lane. Have to use the engine cut-off function if not vibration can be quite annoying. Person seated behind commented that seat feels like its vibrating when driving on low speed in a carpark. Having said that, on speeds above 60-70km/h, vibration is close to negligible. I am usually on comfort mode for driving.

Is this typical of a diesel engine? Any advice on this issue is much appreciated. Thank you.

That is the lane departure warning and engine start stop. Get used to it. If not switch them off. Yes diesel has clattering sound like taxi when idle - it is normal. Having come from a vw diesel, the BMW vibration is very mild already.

Hi all,
Mine is glacier silver 216d AT collected 30th Dec15.
Tks for starting thread.
Enjoying her every moment.
Do u give yr ride a name? Mine is silvia.

That's a cute name for a car. Well enjoy ur ride. Coe price increased again. Mine also a glacier silver at. Only gripe is sometimes the back will be dirty with soot and need to clean again. This is another disadvantage of a diesel car but the fuel consumption very shiok. Even the new focus 1.0l petrol cannot beat it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fb68alive
Back