Search results

  1. Y

    VW Passat CC Gold Coast Concept is Hawt!

    Re: VW Passat CC Gold Coast Concept is Hawt! After 5 Bimmers, I have decided to downgrade and will be taking delivery of the CC 1.8T ( base model ) soon. I changed marque because of the greater ease of chip tuning and more substential power gains of a 'cheaper' turbo engine, as compared to...
  2. Y

    Ignition Upgrades

    Re: Ignition Upgrades Seems strange but my car now actually feels even more responsive and drives better compared to the first day after the mod, that is 3 days back. Dont think it is psychological. Maybe it's my fuel tank getting progressively lighter!
  3. Y

    Ignition Upgrades

    Re: Ignition Upgrades Did the capacitor upgrade and volkers into my car this afternoon. Immediately the car felt lighter off the line and is also more responsive. Gearchanges faster. Definite increase in pulling power and rate of climb from about 3K. What I can't quantify is the smoothness...
  4. Y

    Ignition Upgrades

    Re: Ignition Upgrades Did my wife's airwave last Sat, together with oil and plug changes as well. Happy with overall results. Car feels perkier and more eager but can't really quantify how much the increased performance is attributed to the upgrade vs the oil and plug change. However, car...
  5. Y

    Ignition Upgrades

    Re: Ignition Upgrades I have IVAC spark amplifier ( not spark booster ) installed in my M54 engine presently. Does it need to be removed b4 if I want to install the ignition upgrade? If not, will putting in this upgrade further improve performance? By the way, can the Honda Airwave be fitted?
  6. Y

    ECU remapping...

    Re: ECU remapping... I had my car ECU flash upgraded a couple of years back. There was a real perceptible difference across the range. Snowdog's HIOP reflash really works. However, last week, my car went for servicing and I forgot to tell the guys there that I had an ECU reflash...they duly...
  7. Y

    Active Noise Cancellation

    Anyone heard of aftermarket active noise cancellation systems that can be fitted to Bimmers locally?
  8. Y

    EZ Stab

    Re: EZ Stab I have a Zstab in my car. No real increase in vehicle performance but definite better sounding hifi after installation. There is also no definite sign that the aircon has become 'colder'. There are also no other problems.
  9. Y

    RE: Throttle Body Device

    Re: Throttle Body Device Works wonders for my 1.8 ton 7 series. I have asked this before but gotten no advise so far....How about Jap cars. Can fit or not?
  10. Y

    Aftermarket sunroof

    Re: Aftermarket sunroof www.thesunroofguy.com/h300.htm
  11. Y

    Aftermarket sunroof

    Re: Aftermarket sunroof Well, I don't think that passing the LTA would be a problem. According to the website of the guy installing Hollandia s/r, they know that this is a requirement and they would install such as to pass the inspection. What I am more concerned is the finishing ( will it...
  12. Y

    Aftermarket sunroof

    Am toying with the idea of installing a sunroof. Anyone has any views as regards to reliability, where to fit, cost, etc? Also wonder if it will look 'factory fitted' after installation.
  13. Y

    Auot transmission reset

    http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=40018 Here's another 'trick' above from another forum. Tried it on my E65 and another friend on his 525. It seems to work. The car becomes more perky and gear change smoother. Anyone else tried??
  14. Y

    Warranty and Mods

    Re: Warranty and Mods Hmm. Good question. Don't know leh. Did not really think about that. Anyone knows?
  15. Y

    Warranty and Mods

    Re: Warranty and Mods They said that my battery is going. Anyway, mine is a 2 year 10 months car ( 2 months warranty left ). They said that the weak batt could be due to the sprintbooster, could be due to the ZStab, could be due to the overdrive pulleys, could be due to...I also think that it...
  16. Y

    Warranty and Mods

    I have ZStab and sprintbooster in my car for more then a year now. Two days ago, brought my car to PML for some minor electric problem ( interior light refused to turn on when door opened ). They called back after a day and said that the mods are 'totally unacceptable' and refused to repair the...
  17. Y

    How long for I-Drive upgrading

    Re: How long for I-Drive upgrading How would one know if there is an upgrade available for his car? Call PML?
  18. Y

    Radiator Burst

    Re: Radiator Burst Happened to my previous E36 328i and another person's E46 320i. In both cases, the cars are about 4.5 years old when it occured.
  19. Y

    GPS map updates

    Re: GPS map updates Sigh. I understand that Garmin maps are free but for those whose cars come with nav as stock, we are stuck with the system ( unless I add a aftermarket system on top of the built in one ) and have to pay to update. I know Nissans's nav system is also very much more...
  20. Y

    GPS map updates

    New highways, viaducts and hubs ( eg, biopolis, fusionpolis, Tuas extension, future Marina waterfront area..) will be sprouting up and more and more BMW, cars now come with GPS navigation either standard or as an option. I feel that it is time BMW Asia or at least PML should make updating of the...
Back
Top