Search results

  1. Y

    E68 & ECOTEK

    I had an Ecotek in my 320i. No discernable difference in performance.
  2. Y

    headlight

    Don't try PML. They charged me about $32 to change a blown brake light bulb when my car ( E46 ) was there for routine servicing last year. You can buy one from petrol stations for $1.
  3. Y

    ADM Electric Turbo / Supercharger

    Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. To think of them having the temerity of selling the charger at that price....
  4. Y

    i-drive...BMW Navigation system

    Try this site, Hope it helps. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bmwnav/
  5. Y

    DOES PML PROVIDE SERVICE CARS?

    They do have courtesy cars. Six days is a long time. I guess you have to ask them, especially if your car is still under warranty. I was given a 745Li for the two days that my car was in PML.
  6. Y

    Chipping your 3.0l BMW

    A mundane question. Does anyone knows if PML actually and unknowingly erases and replaces the modified ignition/fuel mapping when your 'chipped' or reprogrammed car goes in for servicing as I know that they sometimes do software upgrading at the same time ( without informing the customer ) as...
  7. Y

    Chipping your 3.0l BMW

    I had Hiop reprogramming done by J4C on my $46 320i last year. There was definite improvement in engine response and torque. Definite. Not psychological. It was felt by others driving the car as well. I don't know about OBIT though.
  8. Y

    Chipping your 3.0l BMW

    Trigger, who quoted you 18bhp? Sounds too good to be true. What chip is that? I'm interested too.
  9. Y

    Yew Lip or Sin Wee Chuan?

    I must first state that I am not affiliated to ASDM and has no vested interest in the company. I confess that I'm a very 'ngiow' guy when it comes to my car's paintwork, but I must mention that ADSM did a very good repair job and colour match for my dark blue 730i when it was very badly...
  10. Y

    Yew Lip or Sin Wee Chuan?

    Try ADSM. Did a good job with a bad dent and scrape on my car. Very reasonable price too. The paintwork looks as good as original now. I also tend to agree that the original paint on BMWs arn't great. Looks inhomogeneous sometimes. VW is better.
  11. Y

    E60-mods (530i)

    Sorry for sounding stupid but how do u expect to pass the LTA inspection in a couple of years time with the SC under your bonnet?
  12. Y

    re-map ECU vs Pulley

    I had a 320i. Did the pulleys ( $350 ) and hiop chip ( $750 ) ( 1 month after pulleys) at J4Cars. There was a marked improvement in engine response and torque, especially after the chip.
  13. Y

    Another newbie question.....exhaust tips

    I'm not sure but does your original double tailpipes come with any sort of chromed tip at all? If not, the original BMW chrome tips for the double tailpipes may be used. Not as fierce looking as the Remus or Momos but nevertherless simple and may even be elegant to some.
  14. Y

    6 cylinder Fuel line

    It depends on which portion of the fuel line you wish to assess. The portion of the line leading into the engine can only be assessed if you remove the plastic engine cover. The line can be found behind the engine but access may be difficult as it is set quite far back. The fuel line can...
  15. Y

    Some questions on shark antennae and AC mirrors

    As far as I know, the shark's fin for both E60 and E65 models are only used for the purposes of the GPS Nav and Carphone, ie. basically the communications, functions. The tuner and remote controls antennae are housed in the rear windscreen. So, I am not sure if the sharksfin would serve your...
  16. Y

    UUC Pulley

    Nothing 'WOW' about the E65 730i really. Performance is decent ( 8.1 sec ) for such a heavy car and it is very comfortable inside. The engine would be much more appreciated in the 530i of course. But with a $15K difference between the 530 and 730, I opted for the 7 instead. No regrets though...
  17. Y

    Low dust brake pads

    Thanks. Will look at BVO.
  18. Y

    Want to get a new E60 520 2.2 litre? Better quickly nike...

    Remember the 523i ( 2.5L, 170bhp, 245 Nm ) as compared to the 525i ( 2.5L, 192 bhp, 245 Nm )? I think the idea of putting in the 2.5L engine is to beef up the torque rather then the outright bhp.
  19. Y

    UUC Pulley

    Yes, perhaps I have an insensitive thick butt, but the butt can definitely feel the effects of the Hiop chip upgrade though. Now...driving much more sedately in a 730.
  20. Y

    Calski Ion

    I tried putting 2 in my previous 320i. No perceptable improvement. I was told that the performance improvement increases proportionately with the number of units that you put in. Costing about $250 per piece, just how many would one consider enough!!!
Back
Top