Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Which Tyre ? - time to change

Re: Which Tyre ? - time to change

bm0103;532640 said:
If my original tyres are 225 front, 255 back, will I be able to put in 235 front, 265 back? Do i need to add in spacer or anything?
I'm running on orignial 225M rims with 225/35/19 and 255/30/19, time to change tyres but can't find too much tyre choices with this profile. :)
Firstly I am no tyre expert. But it seems to me that 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 is the wrong tyre size for an E90?

longhorn said:
Firstly I am no tyre expert. But it seems to me that 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 is the wrong tyre size for an E90?
These are stock tyres for 225 style wheels. Factory spec'ed.

etan1;530369 said:
Hi,

Anyone able to share experience on Vredestein : Ultrac sessanta tyres?

Thanks so much.

I have a friend who was one of the early traders for this brand, had brochures and stuff. He told me frankly its not recommended for staggered setups, didnt bother to remember why though, too technical... so there we go....

kenntona;532670 said:
These are stock tyres for 225 style wheels. Factory spec'ed.
Is this why they are called Style 225?? Hahaha... OK thanks I didnt know this. Whenever i see e90post, everyone seems to be running 235 and 265.

Hi Guys ! Need to ask a noob question. I just purchases a 325 cab and it came with rear 255/40/17 and front 225/45/17. I am wondering if this is a normal configuration. I have always been under the impression that tyre profile wold be the same throughout although wider sizes behind is normal. How would this configuration affect the feel ? Any other configuration to recommend ?

Carcinogenic;532673 said:
I have a friend who was one of the early traders for this brand, had brochures and stuff. He told me frankly its not recommended for staggered setups, didnt bother to remember why though, too technical... so there we go....

hmmm... why not ? :errr:

Hi Guys, Got a noob question. I can see that most of you guys uses non-RFT tyres. And without a spre tyres really worries me. How good ore really useful is a mobility kit? Furthermore RFTs are quite ex.

kokonn_2002;535675 said:
Hi Guys, Got a noob question. I can see that most of you guys uses non-RFT tyres. And without a spre tyres really worries me. How good ore really useful is a mobility kit? Furthermore RFTs are quite ex.
theres a puncture kit called Airman. go to autobacs, shld be able to find it. small and handy

kokonn_2002;535994 said:
Hi hi,

Where's this J4C??

Thanks in advance..
Sin Min. addrs under workshop and help section

kenntona;530204 said:
PS2 sidewall soft - for people who corner aggressively, no steering happy. CSC3 is average, and RE11 is heavy but point and shoot type. I have used all three on the current car.

The rest are either notorious or ill-covered.

I was thinking of using Advan Neova AD08 until you said the rest is notorious. Any experience in this?

totoseow;530230 said:
pzeros. i hv used ps2 n pzeros is very close and feels better in xtreme wet. in dry it is quieter. but then its newer technology compared to ps2. maybe wee bit more expensive too.

Keep hearing conflicting reviews for P Zero. Some say its good and others say the sidewall cracks easily.

Physicist;536134 said:
I was thinking of using Advan Neova AD08 until you said the rest is notorious. Any experience in this?

was previously on AD07 and found it really grippy in dry.. wet not that bad too although some say it sucks... so i suppose ad08 is at least on par, if not better than ad07...

but it will be noisy...

was saying in another thread that asymmetric tyres with staggered setup = cannot rotate... not too sure how impt tyre rotation is to the lifespan of the tyre... ad08's thread is only directional... so at least u can swop from left to right...

my 2 cents ;)

Thanks. I will look at others as well because noise is one major factor for me too

Was initially looking at Sumitomo HTR Z III tyres due to its relative affordable price as compared to other brands tyres without compromising with quality and performance.

However, was recommended Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta instead. Apparently they have rave reviews on these, though noise and mileage may be a concern. Has anyone used this before and can comment on this?

Thanks~~:shakemyb:

jwwon5;541529 said:
Was initially looking at Sumitomo HTR Z III tyres due to its relative affordable price as compared to other brands tyres without compromising with quality and performance.

However, was recommended Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta instead. Apparently they have rave reviews on these, though noise and mileage may be a concern. Has anyone used this before and can comment on this?

Thanks~~:shakemyb:
Am on these for 5,000 km. So far, low noise, low wear, looks great and very comfortable. Does well in wet. Big problem is in grip. I feel that they are several notches below the F1 Asym or the PS2. Or even my original RFTs. Probably very close to the HTR ZIII. My traction control indicator has been flashing much too often to my liking lately, even in low speeds.

Back