Which Tyre ? - time to change

bac

Guys,
I am shopping around for tyres. Front : 225/40/18 Rear: 255/35/18.
1st. Performance 2nd. Noise 3rd. Comfort - priority
Usual choice :
1. Michelin PS2
2. Goodyear F1 Ass - front tyre always out of stock . any lobang anyone ?
3. Continental : CSC3
4. Yokohama : Advan
5. Bridgestone : RE 11, Re 050,.......
6. Vredestein : Ultrac sessanta
7. Toyo : T1R

Now, don't know which to get ?
any recomendation ?

:helpp!:

Re: Which Tyre ? - time to change

confirm PS2. but prepared to pay a premium. GY is next, but cracking issues reported by several bros here.

PS2 sidewall soft - for people who corner aggressively, no steering happy. CSC3 is average, and RE11 is heavy but point and shoot type. I have used all three on the current car.

The rest are either notorious or ill-covered.

Hi

I am planning to change my set of tires soon, currently using stock Bridgestone RE050 R17. Planning to switch to RE011, any recommended tire shop??

Thanks.

The usual suspects - Leong Seng, Hurry, Pitstop.

pzeros. i hv used ps2 n pzeros is very close and feels better in xtreme wet. in dry it is quieter. but then its newer technology compared to ps2. maybe wee bit more expensive too.

i'm quite happy with my F1 Asy... but some ppl here encounter some sidewall cracking issues.. mine seem ok so far, i find it better den the PS2

Anything but T1R, sucks in wet, think it's for drifting, used it before.

GY F1 ASY 225/40/18 out of stock due to crack issues warranty claim. New stock has not arrived and no official release that new stock would not have the same crack issues.

bac;530153 said:
Guys,
I am shopping around for tyres. Front : 225/40/18 Rear: 255/35/18.
1st. Performance 2nd. Noise 3rd. Comfort - priority
Usual choice :
1. Michelin PS2
2. Goodyear F1 Ass - front tyre always out of stock . any lobang anyone ?
3. Continental : CSC3
4. Yokohama : Advan
5. Bridgestone : RE 11, Re 050,.......
6. Vredestein : Ultrac sessanta
7. Toyo : T1R

Now, don't know which to get ?
any recomendation ?

:helpp!:

Thanks guys.

Toyo T1R wears off very fast, not value for money. IMO

Hi,

Anyone able to share experience on Vredestein : Ultrac sessanta tyres?

Thanks so much.

I see the cars in some ang moh magazines using Hankook V12. Anyone have any experience? I think PS2 no doubt is the best. Used it on previous ride and current ride. Quiet and grippy. Changing tires soon too so this thread is gd :woottt:

F1 Asym is good in dry but does not provide quite good grip in wet...

According to feedback Korean tires very soft and wear out very fast.

axterixx1111;530400 said:
I see the cars in some ang moh magazines using Hankook V12. Anyone have any experience? I think PS2 no doubt is the best. Used it on previous ride and current ride. Quiet and grippy. Changing tires soon too so this thread is gd :woottt:

strange, coz in most feedback, the F1 does better in wet

Sorry to hijack the thread, just like to ask a noob question, hope can find some help here.

If my original tyres are 225 front, 255 back, will I be able to put in 235 front, 265 back? Do i need to add in spacer or anything?
I'm running on orignial 225M rims with 225/35/19 and 255/30/19, time to change tyres but can't find too much tyre choices with this profile. :)

bm0103;532640 said:
Sorry to hijack the thread, just like to ask a noob question, hope can find some help here.

If my original tyres are 225 front, 255 back, will I be able to put in 235 front, 265 back? Do i need to add in spacer or anything?
I'm running on orignial 225M rims with 225/35/19 and 255/30/19, time to change tyres but can't find too much tyre choices with this profile. :)
yes u can. understand ur plight on not being able to find those tyre sizes.

bm0103 said:
The wheel width is more critical in deciding the tyre width, not the offset, hence spacers are irrelevant.

The 225 wheels are 19x8 F 19x9 R, so you can fit 235/265 combo. That is the max you can go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnloh1221
Back