Which insurance company/plan did u choose for your new BMW?

Re: Which insurance company/plan did u choose for your new BMW?

AXA, ALLianz, Aviva are some of the good ones...
Many says NTUC sucks which I dont disagree but I'm using them coz they are bloody cheap and offer the cover just the same as others except that stoopid IDAC thingy...

Can choose anyone but stay clear from NTUC!!!

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT cleared...

TripleM said:
AXA, ALLianz, Aviva are some of the good ones...
Many says NTUC sucks which I dont disagree but I'm using them coz they are bloody cheap and offer the cover just the same as others except that stoopid IDAC thingy...

Jack, from what I've heard recently after renewing my insurance, a lot of insurance companies actually require IDAC assessment (except for AXA & AIG).. :(

Mitsui seems to be good with 50% NCD coverage thot have to paid about $100 more.

1 to 1 new car replacement for 1st 2 years, allow any workshop under Motormax classic, 0 excess, loyalty rebates 5%(1st renewal) 10% (2nd Subsequent renewal)

No Survey requirement , wonder what does that means.

Anyone know for new car does PML allow us to get insurance from outside?

Ask salesman to recommend only give quote for the 2 insurance company with tie up with BMW.

The only info given - premium price & excess amount without giving anymore info even upon further request also no use. How to decide on car insurance only base on this 2 points??????? Also commented all comprehensive car insurance is about the same. :furious:

Call the insurance company what is the BMW tie up about because based on the little info i have seems like nothing special. Insurance company also not sure about it,ask me to check with PML. Errr......

Puny said:
Jack, from what I've heard recently after renewing my insurance, a lot of insurance companies actually require IDAC assessment (except for AXA & AIG).. :(

And if u get involved in a accident with car insured with NTUC, u still need to go to IDAC even though u r with AXA or AIG..

Gangsterism !

But i avoided them even when they r the cheapest... saw their work from their workshop, can see the putty mark after a few weeks from a paint job and they call it Quality !?

I think they use scrap parts for repairs too right? Was in the papers a few months back. One of the ways the keep it real by cutting costs.

Re: Any new bmw car owner care to comments?

Can anyone tell me what is the tie up of new BMW car with AIG or AXA all about? Hardly any info on it. From the limited info i have it seem like nothing special.

Any new bmw car owner care to comments? Thanks

Porsche or Maserati use insurance from where ah?

You may like to consider Aviva. Aviva's excess could be as low as $350 for a BMW 4DR car, unlimited windscreen cover(NIL windscreen excess), NIL unnamed driver excess, can go to any workshops including PML workshops for repair. Courtesy car will be provided by the workshops if repair at Aviva Authorised Workshops, 24hrs towage by IDAC for car accident and Aviva's premium is cheap also. Just my 2cents worth.

Nuke said:
Porsche or Maserati use insurance from where ah?
2DR cars, coupes, cabriolets, Porsche or Maserati usually get their insurance from NTUC as most insurance companies either charge ridiculous premium or refuse to quote due to the high performance of such cars. But in recent times, it seems that NTUC's premium is not as cheap either. Aviva will take in 2DR cars at a reasonable premium if its introduce by its long service agents, as Aviva will reject upfront for car owners asking for insurance quotes for 2DR car, from Aviva directly.

2 door means car faster is it? total nonsense....so how..2 door lorries premium must be super high...
i think the way s'pore handles insurance n road tax is backward.

Hi,

I chose AXA. My agent give me a good quotation, rather cheap.

Hi there! I recently renewed my car insurance... took up DBS Driveshield offer which is basically with Aviva. My premium worked out to $1030 after 30% NCD, offence free discount and DBS offer discount. I am driving a 11/04 E46. Excess is at $700 with unlimited windscreen, IDAC, can go to PML workshop. Just my few cents worth on which insurance company we can go to.... cheers...

NTUC is good if there is no accident. But if kenna accident... ha ha.... IDAC handle your repair and good luck...

I currently have 3 policies with NTUC. I chose them because they offer most competitive rates. Their rate for M3 is 2k+ lower than the next lowest.

Just bought my E90 320i. PML was promoting AXA as the insurance company to go for. AXA rate is cheaper by 200-300 from AIG. However, I managed to get a good rate for AIG from my insurance agent. so, Yes, PML allows you to get your own insurance, don't need to get it from them.

apache said:
Just bought my E90 320i. PML was promoting AXA as the insurance company to go for. AXA rate is cheaper by 200-300 from AIG. However, I managed to get a good rate for AIG from my insurance agent. so, Yes, PML allows you to get your own insurance, don't need to get it from them.

I think AXA & AIG is the insurance that is strongly recommended by PML. Heard that most new BMW owner is under this 2 company.

Thot i am allow to select insurance policy from any company but i am not allow to buy my insurance from other agent thot they are offering me cheaper.

Ponytail,
Well, what I did was to tell the sales associate that I intend to compare their rate and my own insurance rate. If mine is better, of course, I would go with mine, so I was allowed to select from my own insurance.
I guess it may depend on the SA that you talk to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back