Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Which insurance company/plan did u choose for your new BMW?

Re: Which insurance company/plan did u choose for your new BMW?

omshks said:
Hi there! I recently renewed my car insurance... took up DBS Driveshield offer which is basically with Aviva. My premium worked out to $1030 after 30% NCD, offence free discount and DBS offer discount. I am driving a 11/04 E46. Excess is at $700 with unlimited windscreen, IDAC, can go to PML workshop. Just my few cents worth on which insurance company we can go to.... cheers...

Hi omshks,

That's quite a good rate. Can you share your contact?

Caesar

omshks said:
Hi there! I recently renewed my car insurance... took up DBS Driveshield offer which is basically with Aviva. My premium worked out to $1030 after 30% NCD, offence free discount and DBS offer discount. I am driving a 11/04 E46. Excess is at $700 with unlimited windscreen, IDAC, can go to PML workshop. Just my few cents worth on which insurance company we can go to.... cheers...

Hi omshks,

Can you share your contact with me too?

TIA

omshks said:

Hi omshks,

Can you share your contact with me too?

Can sms me @91205591

Thank u

my family has been using aviva for years.. no issues with them..

NTY said:
I currently have 3 policies with NTUC. I chose them because they offer most competitive rates. Their rate for M3 is 2k+ lower than the next lowest.

hmmm...agree they have a very competitive premium but whats yr excess like ? likely 10 times more than the others ? coz when they quoted me for my 330i, the excess was 5000 bucks...which i thot was ridiculous !

Hi Guys,

The latest PML sales recommend is actually AVIVA.
Believe me, they are cheaper and have lower access than AIG, AXA, Nippon Koa and even NTUC !
Suggest you check up with SIME Insurance(broker arm of PML) on the best deal .

Cheers !!!

Just renewed my insurance. Used Mitsui this time. Premium is just above $1k for 50% NCD and zero excess for 2yr 320i. This is for any workshop.

NTUC's quote was slightly lower but have to use their auth workshops.

I have switched both my cars' insurance to Aviva. Good rates and low excesses.

Like to share with you folks,

Aviva:Cheap car premium, very flexible in terms of coverage:

Excess can be as low as $350,

Unlimited windscreen cover including SUNROOF without affecting
NCD(NIL windscreen excess),

NIL unnamed driver excess,

Can go to any workshops including your sole agent/dealer workshops for repair.

Courtesy car will be provided by the workshops if repair at Aviva Authorised Workshops.

Claim processing is fast and efficient, as Aviva is one of the few insurance companies to be awarded ISO9000 in Singapore.

- Edited: No Advertising of services. Please read rules and regulations. - by Ryan -

Enjoy and have a wonderful life.

Hi,

I've juz been quoted $3.3+k with 750excess from AVIVA for a new 323!
howcome? For a saloon?!

Details as follows:
BMW Model : 323iA
Year Of Model: 2006
Your Age: 25+
NCD (e.g. 10% NCD increment for each year of driving, i.e. 5 years of driving without claiming insurance would have earned you 50% NCD): No insurance under my name b4 but have been driving for close to 7 yrs

pls advise!
Thanks!

violets said:
Hi,

I've juz been quoted $3.3+k with 750excess from AVIVA for a new 323!
howcome? For a saloon?!

Details as follows:
BMW Model : 323iA
Year Of Model: 2006
Your Age: 25+
NCD (e.g. 10% NCD increment for each year of driving, i.e. 5 years of driving without claiming insurance would have earned you 50% NCD): No insurance under my name b4 but have been driving for close to 7 yrs

pls advise!
Thanks!
$3.3+k is way too expensive!! Ask whoever that quoted you that to go sleep with a snake. There are a few recommendations that have been put up by fellow members. Do a search on them and give those insurance companies a call. For myself, I've been using this insurance broker, Marsh for many years now. They are always able to source for me the most competitive rates. Do give Evon Goh a call if you need a quote. Her number is 6327 3223. BTW it doesn't matter how long you've been driving but if you have never insured a car under your name before, insurance companies will not give the NCD to you. They will however take that into consideration in calculating your premium.

ps I got no vested interest in Marsh whatsoever.

which company wud that be for may i ask?
Personally wud pref AVIVA/AXA/AIG as i believe these few dun have to go thru IDAC?
or maybe its my age?

Thanks!

I'm using Royal Sun and Alliance and I don't need to go thru that stupid thing called IDAC.

so urs is gd huh.. any idea how much a reasonable quote for my details above would be like?
and excess?

Thanks!

violets said:
so urs is gd huh.. any idea how much a reasonable quote for my details above would be like?
and excess?

Thanks!
I really wouldn't know. Why don't you give Evon a call. I'm sure she's gonna give you a quote that's lower than $3.3+k.

ok thx! will try calling :)

violets said:
ok thx! will try calling :)
Try calling around a few companies for comparision. Don't just stick to one.
All the best in your search.

Another suggestion if you are holding a Citibank credit card, call their insurance staff to give a quote as Citibank represent AXA/Aviva/ Asia insurance/NTUC/Allianze....do check out Asia Insurance as i recently switch from Allianze to Asia Insurance. What more...you need not go to the office as all documentation will be done thru phone and delivery is by their courier.

The number to call is Benard Hee 6328-2787. U can charge insurance premium to any VISA credit card. Need not use Citibank credit card.

Since you are purchasing from PML ...u have felixibilty to source yr own insurance company unlike Japanese dealer would require you to get "In-house".

Been using Citibank for years for my car insurance. Yr premium is way too expensive...I think it would be reasonable around $2k plus

BMW Model : E46 318iA facelifted saloon
Year Of Model: 2002
Age of ride: 4 years
NCD: 50%
Extras: OFC (5%) + loyalty discount (5%)
Premium: $600 (after NCD + OFC + loyalty discount)
Excess: $500, but waived if you use recommended workshops
Insurer: Nippon Koa
IDAC: No
Stipulated workshop: Yes (choice of 5-6)

I managed to reduce my motor insurance from SGD1365 to SGD961. I drives a SS2 (peiseh not BMW) with 50% NCD and am age above 30.

NTUC Quality Plus Plan ( coz Kan Fook Sing Motor is one of NTUC quality workshop and can also provide competitive pricing for original bodykits and body repair - Look for Ryan who drives a chio MR-S, he runs the bodykit business.)

1. Previously went through agent for NTUC Quality Plus Plan and now go direct with NTUC.

--> Received 5% reduction on Premium

2. I didnt insure the vehicle's COE value & PARF under the Plan coz I think i can make my own claim for the COE and PARF with LTA in the event of total loss.

--> Received 3% reduction on Premium

3. Default Additional Excess for the plan is SGD1500. I asked to increase the Additional Excess to SGD3000 (maximum) because I think I am a safe driver.

--> Received 15% reduction on Premium

Next year will be my fourth year with NTUC and I stand to get another 3% reduction in premium for loyalty.

Hope the info will help you save some moolah on your upcoming insurance renewal and use it to zeng your car. If you have better deals, do share. I am sure others will appreciate. ;)

Back