Upgraded rims and now screeching sound

Re: Upgraded rims and now screeching sound

IMHO, dun need to worry tat much if its just for a short while and during cold starts. Even high end BBK like Brembo also have screeching sound early in the morning during start-up and I am speaking from experience as I had Brembo on my E60 last time. After a while once the brakes heat up, no more sound.

Unless its so loud and irritating or poses a threat to braking, then just ignore it lor. 2-3mins only

bmweast;772755 said:
i change to 20'' also no sound when braking..

you are lucky not to have the sound. :)

btw, I'd long used to the sound already. :D

Mine very loud, cannot tahan. Maybe next servicing will get to to remove brake set, rotor and re-assemble again. See if that will help

cymon;764822 said:
bought from ah yang.

mind seems to be similar to yours.

Same lah... i just changed to 20" rim also and had the same sound whenever coming to a stop.
it's damn irritating and it will go off after driving for a while (warm-up liao)

Mine only has some light grinding sound whenever I am going up slope and turning in a carpark. Makes u think ur car giving u problems but I believe its just cos of bigger rims tats all....no big issue unless u hear explosion sound

I am using 19" rims. I have the sound when I am reversing with foot on half brake. It is very loud. I was told by workshop it is due to losu qality of brake pad. Got ppl mentioned to me it's due to Rims. But think about it. If you did not step on the brake, was there sound? Mine only has sound if I step on to the brakes and using half break. Anyone can help me if you guys happened to have same issue.

Upgraded rims and now screeching sound

Sorry to say mine bo grinding sound leh. So maybe it's not the 20".... it's the make and brand.

** fast fast run **

Same scenario with me after upgraded to 20".

Any solutions so far?

maybe it helps to specify which 20" you have?
can help to narrow down to the type of rims other than the size.

Last edited by a moderator:

mine is BMW 220M. Front 19" 8.5. Rear 19" 9.5

golilok;916973 said:
maybe it helps to specify which 20" you have?
can help to narrow down to the type of rims other than the size.

my 8" maybe different from your 8".

Upgraded to Vertini Concave Magic 20" from Top 93...

Vossen 20" no problem. Vibration yes above 150km/h.

Vibration solve on rotation again on higher speed and nitrogen to minimize changes in temp.

Will go jiu hu this month end to try 240km/h on vibration status...

cymon;754853 said:
Wah like that jia lat leh. You can tahan the sound?

Yes, sound more obvious when brake pad is cold, only when driving longer distance, brake pad gets hot, the sound getting lesser and lesser.

Same as mine , after changed the front rotors and brake pads , on a cold start it sounds ...
Send back workshop put some idk what lubricant or so , then no more , after a few weeks it comes again :( maybe suspect just the brake pad.

SapphireSpite;917160 said:
Same as mine , after changed the front rotors and brake pads , on a cold start it sounds ...
Send back workshop put some idk what lubricant or so , then no more , after a few weeks it comes again :( maybe suspect just the brake pad.

DAMM, I just changed my stock F10 to 20" Vertini and the same sound came out when the car was driven back after the tire
alignment, spoke to the boss (mr Y) and D . all claimed this is normal.

After driving for a day ,the sound still there when I drive off and reverse park at my Hdb carpark.
its was so loud, I can hear it fm the inside of my car, and when i step out, I saw my second and third floor neighbour peeping out
of their window. Sibei Malu man .

Any clues if the workshop can retify ? sms them came back with those standard answers.
Not helping.

I have lived with the same sound on vertinis for 2 years. Reverse no problem for me

Are those rims hub centric (72.6mm) ? If not, you may need hub centric rings ......

Check your caliper assembly and re-bed your brake pads.

klim milk;1058894 said:
DAMM, I just changed my stock F10 to 20" Vertini and the same sound came out when the car was driven back after the tire
alignment, spoke to the boss (mr Y) and D . all claimed this is normal.

After driving for a day ,the sound still there when I drive off and reverse park at my Hdb carpark.
its was so loud, I can hear it fm the inside of my car, and when i step out, I saw my second and third floor neighbour peeping out
of their window. Sibei Malu man .

Any clues if the workshop can retify ? sms them came back with those standard answers.
Not helping.

Gotten a few sets from Top93. All no sound.
Current set still vertini, also no sound.

If u really suspect its e wheels, go ask them swap in another set to try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back