Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Re: Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

F30BKSP;1086365 said:
What tire size are u using? 16"? 19"? Thanks.

17" RFT that comes with the Sports model.

BTW, the PML service engineer mentioned that Mobil or Caltex is a better petrol to use for BMW. Anyone experienced better fuel consumption / power improvement with either of these 2 brands.

Kelvin99;1085869 said:
I am getting about 13.6 [1/2 expressway; 1/2 normal roads] with Shell 98, with ASS and ECO PRO modes enabled. On highways I noticed it can even go up to as high as 28km/lit. However, I really do not know how reliable is this reading.

It also depends on how u push the car. If you keep it at a constant 1500-1700 rpm, I believe it is possible to get 14km/lit, but then again, I guess that really takes the joy off from driving and owning a BMW. ;)

My previous car was a Honda Civic 1.8. In terms of power and fuel consumption, it is no where near the 316, even with the smaller engine capacity.

Cheers

Afternote: Out of curiosity, I did manage to get 14km/lit (up from 13.6) by just keeping the rpm at the 1500-1700 range over the last few weeks.

alvinbmx;1086355 said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned before.

For the folks who have not coded the auto-folding of the side mirrors when you lock the car, simply hold on to the "locking" part of the handle on the door for at least 2 secs and the mirrors will fold automatically.

I noticed that the auto-folding does not work if the hazard lights are left on.

Ngchunleng;1040106 said:
One question from me is, the tyre pressure warning function, is it to warn you of a flat tyre or simply a reminder to pump air to your tyre?

It detects both...low air pressure and also a flat. So when the light is on, you need to check the tyres.

Kelvin99;1089124 said:
Afternote: Out of curiosity, I did manage to get 14km/lit (up from 13.6) by just keeping the rpm at the 1500-1700 range over the last few weeks.

I am getting 6.9li/100km at 40% highway with Comfort mode setting. In Sport mode, best I registered was 7.8li/100km. :)

iastute;1089140 said:
I am getting 6.9li/100km at 40% highway with Comfort mode setting. In Sport mode, best I registered was 7.8li/100km. :)

Running on 17 inch wheels?

Thats really good....I have the same tire size as you..but only able to achieve 9.5km per litre. :(

Always on eco mode with engine stopping at junctions?

F30320;1090108 said:
View attachment 62346

I'm able to get 15.5km/L running on 18"staggered rft

F30BKSP;1090115 said:
Thats really good....I have the same tire size as you..but only able to achieve 9.5km per litre. :(

Always on eco mode with engine stopping at junctions?

Eco mode most of the time on but I don't normally allow the engine to cease at junctions. I cruise abt 85-90km/ hr on highways using cruise control.

Just to share if u stop and u don't want the ass to cease engine, u just need to depress the brake very hard and the release till normal strength to keep the car stationary. This way u don't need to keep activating/deactivating the ass button.

Back seat right side 2 catchments no covers, but the left side ones have the covers.
You guys have the same thing or were mine dislodged somewhere along the way?

F30320;1090108 said:
I'm able to get 15.5km/L running on 18"staggered rft

This rate is amazing! I running 19" rims no way near there sia!

Luboil;1090630 said:
Back seat right side 2 catchments no covers, but the left side ones have the covers.
You guys have the same thing or were mine dislodged somewhere along the way?

For the ISO-FIX hook? Should have cover...

kon;1090694 said:
For the ISO-FIX hook? Should have cover...

Ya...I only found out when my son dropped a one dollar coin into the hole and cant retrieve last weekend.
Damn..must go down PML and get it cover up.

hi ppl, SA try to sell me extended warranty, yr 4 & 5, before my car (F30, 320i) reach end-of-2-yrs-old coming Aug, @ 3.8k +. Told me the coverage is for main electronic, engine & tranny. Do your think this extension is impt with PML? I know & hear all complains abt PML WS & services but my concerns is the shear cost of such impt parts if/ when necessary. Not sure how would it compare to those sponsored vendor here? Pls don't flame me for such dummy questions. Just want to hear fr real life experiences & gurus. Facts vs hearsay. Txs, cheers.

1) Do you think you will still be driving the same car in the next two years?
2) Have you got issues with your current car till date?
3) Are you happy with PML services so far? I reckon you have been servicing with them all this while to be offered the extended warranty.

splee;1075881 said:
You can download the update file from BMW ConnectedDrive : Software update

And save the file into a USB thumb drive and then plug the thumb drive into the USB slot in the glove compartment. Then go iDrive and select update software version.

Cool. I did not know that. How are our GPS maps updated though? Cos I noticed it's not an option!

1) Do you think you will still be driving the same car in the next two years?
Good question but I have no answer.

2) Have you got issues with your current car till date?
For sure some minor issue but mostly solved by a nice SA. He's the guy who intro me this extension.

3) Are you happy with PML services so far? I reckon you have been servicing with them all this while to be offered the extended warranty.
Bought the servicing pkg 2 yrs back, so yes you can say I'm with them...Was told this extended warranty was just launch this mth (not sure who can confirm this) & is offered to all model within the first 3-yrs.

I have a brand new 2014 F30 Cupholder cover plate unused for sale at $25. Additional replacement ordered after losing mine.
Any one interested can PM me.

Thanks.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/cMoAAOxylpNTVX2Y/$_57.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back