Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Re: Things u din't know 'bout ur STOCK F30.

Can some guru advise how to change aircon filter for f30? Searched but no post for f30. PML charge $280 to change but Eng Soon sell for $40

lf37;1044041 said:
The harddisk in the car store more than 40 cd and still only about 15% used... of course handphone or iPad linked via Bluetooth provides more sources.

Errmmm , theres a hard disk in the car ???!!!!????:errr:

kel5463;1082901 said:
Errmmm , theres a hard disk in the car ???!!!!????:errr:

Along with a IT server running on unix .....

Around the idrive knob there is an "option" button. Press that then function to switch off screen will come up.

Just a note

if ur key is left in the car and when u leave the car and try to lock by holding down the handle top , the car won't lock , pretty nifty !!!!!

I was trying to load my MP3 collection over the weekend to idrive but system fail to recognize any files.

After reading many forums found out that the system will only recognize mp3 files if they are encoded at lower than 256 kbps. If you need a free encoder to convert, i find "SWITCH by NCH software" quite good.

Hope this is useful.

I was trying to load my MP3 collection over the weekend to idrive but system fail to recognize any files.

After reading many forums found out that the system will only recognize mp3 files if they are encoded at lower than 256 kbps. If you need a free encoder to convert, i find "SWITCH by NCH software" quite good.

Hope this is useful.

Does anyone know how to adjust the auto reverse left side mirror when parking?

sportmotor;1084941 said:
Does anyone know how to adjust the auto reverse left side mirror when parking?

Make sure the selection switch for mirror adjustment is set at driver side mirror, the auto reverse will work for passenger side mirror when reversing.

Does anyone know how to activate the front sensors and when will it be used ?
The rear sensors are naturally quite useful for parking and the rear parking obstacles view is also shown on the screen when one is reversing.

When and how does the front sensors work ?
any ideas ?

DWFH;1085292 said:
Does anyone know how to activate the front sensors and when will it be used ?
The rear sensors are naturally quite useful for parking and the rear parking obstacles view is also shown on the screen when one is reversing.

When and how does the front sensors work ?
any ideas ?

Assuming you have front sensors then it will auto activate every time u engage Reverse gear. You can also manually activate it via a switch on the right of your gear lever.

I don't think the 3 series sold by PML come with front sensors. You'll have to install it in 3rd party workshops.

Evange;1085330 said:
I don't think the 3 series sold by PML come with front sensors. You'll have to install it in 3rd party workshops.

I think only the 335i comes with front PDC

lf37;1085185 said:
Make sure the selection switch for mirror adjustment is set at driver side mirror, the auto reverse will work for passenger side mirror when reversing.
Thank you!
another thing is I bought a DVD disc but trying to play it says format not recognize?

pulsar88;1078084 said:
Bro Starman, I use 95 petrol fr S'pore (switch among Esso, Caltex & Shell dep. on offer & coupon). Hope the computer is accurate as it still show 13.9km/lit. Some expressway journeys even hit 20km/lit (is it common for you guys?)Didn't bother to measure by full tank.

I am getting about 13.6 [1/2 expressway; 1/2 normal roads] with Shell 98, with ASS and ECO PRO modes enabled. On highways I noticed it can even go up to as high as 28km/lit. However, I really do not know how reliable is this reading.

It also depends on how u push the car. If you keep it at a constant 1500-1700 rpm, I believe it is possible to get 14km/lit, but then again, I guess that really takes the joy off from driving and owning a BMW. ;)

My previous car was a Honda Civic 1.8. In terms of power and fuel consumption, it is no where near the 316, even with the smaller engine capacity.

Cheers

Not sure if it has been mentioned before.

For the folks who have not coded the auto-folding of the side mirrors when you lock the car, simply hold on to the "locking" part of the handle on the door for at least 2 secs and the mirrors will fold automatically.

What tire size are u using? 16"? 19"? Thanks.

Kelvin99;1085869 said:
I am getting about 13.6 [1/2 expressway; 1/2 normal roads] with Shell 98, with ASS and ECO PRO modes enabled. On highways I noticed it can even go up to as high as 28km/lit. However, I really do not know how reliable is this reading.

It also depends on how u push the car. If you keep it at a constant 1500-1700 rpm, I believe it is possible to get 14km/lit, but then again, I guess that really takes the joy off from driving and owning a BMW. ;)

My previous car was a Honda Civic 1.8. In terms of power and fuel consumption, it is no where near the 316, even with the smaller engine capacity.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back