Solar Film Installation at Infratint

aerosports

Hi Bros,

After reading many positve feedback from the bros who had their solar film installed at Infratint, I decided to try them out. Today is the second day after the installation and I can certainly say that the product is really effective and the workmanship is excellant.

The crew took about 2+ hrs to complete the installation on my E60, they were meticulous and careful with their work. There are virtually no bubbles on the film after installation. I choosed the platinum package which had a darker tint and was very pleased with the result - both asthetically and practically.

The boss, Sherman, was friendly and approachable. His pricing is also reasonable and I think he is still running his promotion. I have tried other products from Vcool and Rikecool and I am not saying Infratint films are better than these brand as these brands has many range of films but I can say this product is effective and delivers what it claims.

I am not connected with Infratint in anyway but just another happy customer who would like to share my experience with other bros who are searching for a good window tint as there are too many in the market that are overpriced.

Happy Driving !

Re: Solar Film Installation at Infratint

thx for sharing. i have been looking for a good solar film. Just a question, is there any cut-out where the IU unit is? I cannot stand that...

longhorn;461228 said:
thx for sharing. i have been looking for a good solar film. Just a question, is there any cut-out where the IU unit is? I cannot stand that...

Nope. No need for cut out where the IU is.

Sherman does good shit with his Infratint. 2 thumbs and 8 fingers up! :thumbsup:

This is my first time owning a BMW.

The front windscreen solar film, what is removed diring installation? The IU and rearview mirror?

The door solar film, need to remove the door panel or not?

Tintin;461232 said:
Nope. No need for cut out where the IU is.

Sherman does good shit with his Infratint. 2 thumbs and 8 fingers up! :thumbsup:

Heeeeheeee... nothing will be removed.. lah! Just remove your valuables will do! Frankly, installation is not rocket science: check what u want installed, hand over key... look look... or go drink coffee / tea... come back pay money and zoom zoom away... And never wind up or down window at least for the next 24 or 48 hours .... Park with some sunlight and let water bubble dry up...

kiss29;461238 said:

The front windscreen solar film, what is removed diring installation? The IU and rearview mirror?

kiss29;461238 said:

they should be removing the bracket housing of the IU and solar filming the windscreen before putting a new bracket again for the IU.

They will cut around the base of the rear view mirror to fit the solar film. no way they can remove the rear view mirror!

most place do not remove door panels as they only paste the solar file slightly below the visible part of the windows. but i know for Vcool they actually solar film the entire window (Not necessary in my opinion) hence the need to remove door panels.

hope this helps.

i wanna ask whether it is possible for me to re tint the side front and back glass which was done by cool n lite?? and how much does it cost to re-do the back, side front and back glass??if it is to be done my infratint

kenlim;468327 said:
i wanna ask whether it is possible for me to re tint the side front and back glass which was done by cool n lite?? and how much does it cost to re-do the back, side front and back glass??if it is to be done my infratint

Hi,
I posted something relating to this in the classified under tinting....something. Infratint charges $50 to remove your old films. his new films package ranges from 188, 300 to 400. most of the guys here seemed to have taken the $400 package with the best heat rejection. read my posts for more details and wise jokes.

Lane;472759 said:
Hi,
I posted something relating to this in the classified under tinting....something. Infratint charges $50 to remove your old films. his new films package ranges from 188, 300 to 400. most of the guys here seemed to have taken the $400 package with the best heat rejection. read my posts for more details and wise jokes.

oh ok..thanks alot!

kenlim;472769 said:
oh ok..thanks alot!

dun forget to quote "Woh si Johnny Teh eh peng yew" (I am johnny teh's friend in hokkien). sure discount one. den ask him for directions to take bus to imm....remember! say take bus! not take cab! duh! check out the opaque black films (not the platinum that most of us take hor) there too....really opaque until drive car will lang gar i think. i think i getting the hang of toking like these folum guys now...

the great silver?

Sherman is a very nice boss, everything NO PROBLEM cos he always do his best. He will not force a damaged or wrong measurement tint onto your car, He rather threw it away ! He is a nice guy.
That is why today i torn down his tint for inspection, his worker did it FREE for me & a good job well done. I am putting back after inspection & willingly to pay him the same installation price again ! Feel so naked now without the dark tint. My handsome face keep distracting auntie drivers.

P.S. use "wo si BOBBY Tay peng you" cheaper by $5 on top the price compare to u use other names. In hokkien please.

longhorn;461228 said:
After I tint with Sherman I got 8 tickets for no detection of IU unit, went inspection & realise on the day I tint my window is the day my 4.5yrs cashcard spoilt. Tot was the tint fault, so after replaced a new cashcard swee swee liao ! All tickets waived off by LTA. Guaranteed no hole to be cut-out.

Singapore only one car need a IU cut-hole, a super dark tinted manual white 6ser.

iScoupe;472810 said:
Sherman is a very nice boss, everything NO PROBLEM cos he always do his best. He will not force a damaged or wrong measurement tint onto your car, He rather threw it away ! He is a nice guy.
That is why today i torn down his tint for inspection, his worker did it FREE for me & a good job well done. I am putting back after inspection & willingly to pay him the same installation price again ! Feel so naked now without the dark tint. My handsome face keep distracting auntie drivers.

P.S. use "wo si BOBBY Tay peng you" cheaper by $5 on top the price compare to u use other names. In hokkien please.

no wonder i don't get any discount! I must have quoted the wrong name. who the f is Johnny Teh? (maybe i lemember the long name) is Bobby Tay you iscoupe? i will try Lame Lane the next time i go there, maybe can get $5.05 discount...

Lane;473217 said:
no wonder i don't get any discount! I must have quoted the wrong name. who the f is Johnny Teh? (maybe i lemember the long name) is Bobby Tay you iscoupe? i will try Lame Lane the next time i go there, maybe can get $5.05 discount...
no la, i am not bobby tay, but forum pple say i more muscular than him.:D

Can any bro here PM me the contact of infratint?

Urgently need to put a film on my front windscreen. It was broken a few months ago and the windscreen replaced. Too lazy to get the windscreen filmed up until today I saw the damage the sun has done to my car. U will not believe it, my gate transponder which was so heated up, bubbles are seen to have formed around it. With the old windscreen (with solar film) it has not been a problem for 3 yrs.

jylam;476320 said:
Can any bro here PM me the contact of infratint?

Urgently need to put a film on my front windscreen. It was broken a few months ago and the windscreen replaced. Too lazy to get the windscreen filmed up until today I saw the damage the sun has done to my car. U will not believe it, my gate transponder which was so heated up, bubbles are seen to have formed around it. With the old windscreen (with solar film) it has not been a problem for 3 yrs.
i was there this morning, Sherman help me to be "Black Society" again !
Great tint.. no. 94560888

Just did mine at sherman over the weekend... I could say I'm pretty impress with the service render... no comment on the tint quality yet coz just got my car back today... probably in a few weeks time den can tell... haha

Just as iScoupe said, if the tint not done well, sherman will just tear it down and re-do new one for u...

Good service + value for $$$ part aside, try going there on weekdays... he's like super busy on weekends, when I was there on sat, see him receive soo many request to remove darked front windowz tint for LTA inspection... hahahahahahahaha

rosschang;476363 said:
Just did mine at sherman over the weekend... I could say I'm pretty impress with the service render... no comment on the tint quality yet coz just got my car back today... probably in a few weeks time den can tell... haha

Just as iScoupe said, if the tint not done well, sherman will just tear it down and re-do new one for u...

Good service + value for $$$ part aside, try going there on weekdays... he's like super busy on weekends, when I was there on sat, see him receive soo many request to remove darked front windowz tint for LTA inspection... hahahahahahahaha
bo pian i am one of them, tear down & put back... sibei song ! dark dark POWER !
and more safety, avoid woman see my face so they can drive properly...

rosschang did u own the E36 sedan at Sherman's place this morning?

iScoupe;476365 said:
bo pian i am one of them, tear down & put back... sibei song ! dark dark POWER !
and more safety, avoid woman see my face so they can drive properly...

rosschang did u own the E36 sedan at Sherman's place this morning?

Yalo... too many ppl go tear down put back window tint on saturday... till he no time to properly finish mine...:whipper: so leave my car there today for sherman to swee swee settle for me :dance:

Back