reverse sensor.

SL2

Legendary 10 Years
Re: reverse sensor.

otto said:
Hi guys, need advice again.

where to find reverse sensors? how much would they cost?

I prefers those that is fitten into the bumper strip.

Thanks in advance.

OttO

You can get from PML if you want original parts. The cost is in the region of $1300 or thereabout.

SL2 said:
otto said:

Thanks in advance.

OttO

You can get from PML if you want original parts. The cost is in the region of $1300 or thereabout.

1.3K sounds about too much for some beepers.

any cheong ones?

OttO

otto,

consider getting the mounting strip (the part where they put the sensors) from PML, and get your own reverse sensors.

Got mine done @ J4C for S$280 all in. Reverse sensors are fully concealed, no holes to drill and works just fine.

just saw some kits from stamford tyres..apparently bumper moounted, connected to reverse lights...it didnt look too expensive though i didnt check out the prices...everything was in a box no bigger than..half my laptop size?..:) u might wanna check it out if u're nearby..

cheers!

otto said:
SL2 said:
otto said:

Thanks in advance.

OttO

any cheong ones?

OttO

My 1-week old 318 Sport is installed at PML. It cost $1354 altogether incl installation. However, it's free because the PML agent throw in for me FREE when I purchase my car.

For those who bought at the BMW expo, you could have at least got it FOC from PML as far as I know.It all came about during my test-drive prior to the order - I ask the agent why there was no ti-ti-ti sound when I put the reverse gear. And the next thing is that she said she will throw in for me frree of charge. That's how I got my Reverse sensor.

did you get anything else free from your sales advisor???

martmode8850 said:

I paid 139K for the sport ediitons with extra 4 K overtrade. In addition, I got the following :

free installation of Solar film, a set of BMW gromming kits (I guess this is inclusive), an original metallic BMW key chains, original parking sensors and several hundreads of cash-back (un disclosed).

I do not know if you guys have got such a good deal. But I guess I'm lucky enough to find the right lobang.

Let me know if you are looking to buy a beemer, I can intro to the right person in PML.

Thanks for your input guys!

Just got it installed at J4Cars today.

OttO

trogen said:
martmode8850 said:

I paid 139K for the sport ediitons with extra 4 K overtrade. In addition, I got the following :

free installation of Solar film, a set of BMW gromming kits (I guess this is inclusive), an original metallic BMW key chains, original parking sensors and several hundreads of cash-back (un disclosed).

I do not know if you guys have got such a good deal. But I guess I'm lucky enough to find the right lobang.

Let me know if you are looking to buy a beemer, I can intro to the right person in PML.

hi all -

another newbie here.
am suppose to pick up my new 318i sports sometime this week.
think i got screwed by my sale exec.
i didnt get anything else other than the 4k overtrade.
do let us know who is your sales person.

cheers...

darn... me got only the 4k overtrade too... plus .5k above paper of me old 316i... :verysad:

hi, I can't disclose the name of the PML agent who give me the good deal. I know there are some PML people on this forum as well. So, discretion is needed.

Only if you are considering buying a new beember, I would be most happy to refer you to the right contact.

martmode8850 said:
darn... me got only the 4k overtrade too... plus .5k above paper of me old 316i... :verysad:

Wah liao... only $500 above paper value for your old car !!! Thru' this agent of mine, I got $7K above the paper value of my 3-yr-old car. In addition to this, 4K overtrade, so that makes 11K altogether for the trade in. A deal to good to refuse....

None other PML agent I spoke to was able to give me anything close to 7K above my paper value until I met this agent. The closest was $4K.

trogen said:
martmode8850 said:

Wah liao... only $500 above paper value for your old car !!! Thru' this agent of mine, I got $7K above the paper value of my 3-yr-old car. In addition to this, 4K overtrade, so that makes 11K altogether for the trade in. A deal to good to refuse....

None other PML agent I spoke to was able to give me anything close to 7K above my paper value until I met this agent. The closest was $4K.

Wonder if he got fired for this deal..hmmm :thinking:

martmode8850,

when my mum bought her 318i last year, the agent only offered her paper value for her 316 compact. period.

we didn't know better then, but now we do... and i have this forum to thank; so fingers crossed, i'll get a better deal this time round.

wah... if i had gotten your contact earlier, i would have probably gotten a better deal... no regrets though.

however, my old 316i is eight years old as compared with your 3 year old ride.

The 2nd hand market is not just based on the paper value. The body portion is worth quite a fair bit of dough. As a rough guide, the body is worth more if it is younger than 3 yrs old cos it can be exported to most countries. Anything between 3-5, the scope reduces a lot and after 5 yrs, the shell is really not worth too much.

In these exported countries, the make of the car and its maintainablity is very highly prized. This does not account for those rare cars that some people must have...

I have heard Mercs getting upwards of $15K for the shell. So please shop around for deals on your older cars before you commit.

BTW, I have no earnings with car dealers but 2 of my closest friends are in the car trade.

Cheers to those who lost out. Silver lining is that you live you learn.....

trogen said:
hi, I can't disclose the name of the PML agent who give me the good deal. I know there are some PML people on this forum as well. So, discretion is needed.

Only if you are considering buying a new beember, I would be most happy to refer you to the right contact.

i understand.....
no worries.....
will still try to squeeze my sales person though.... :twisted:

trogen said:
otto said:
SL2 said:
otto said:

Thanks in advance.

OttO

any cheong ones?

OttO

My 1-week old 318 Sport is installed at PML. It cost $1354 altogether incl installation. However, it's free because the PML agent throw in for me FREE when I purchase my car.

Bro, remember to check your sport rim when you purchase sport model. My personal encounter 2months ago when I collect my 318 Sport. The front rim same size as rear rim which is total wrong. Many owner did not check this item. According to spec, rear rim should be bigger than front. I ask PML Manager to explain why they can make this mistake and till now they are unable to give me a good reason. So anybody going to buy 318 sport, please check the rims. I notice few units waiting for collection having the same problem. Anyway they change my rear rim according to spec and said sorry to me due to their mistake.

For those who bought at the BMW expo, you could have at least got it FOC from PML as far as I know.It all came about during my test-drive prior to the order - I ask the agent why there was no ti-ti-ti sound when I put the reverse gear. And the next thing is that she said she will throw in for me frree of charge. That's how I got my Reverse sensor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back