Q on New M3 E93: Spec difference UK vs Singapore?

Whatever

Hi all,

As it’s impossible to buy new M3 e93 nowadays in Singapore I’m thinking to import one from UK by myself.

Does anybody know what is the spec difference between UK spec and Singapore spec?

Is the UK spec a crucial obstacle to import a car from the UK and using it in Singapore? (I.e. is the UK spec car radiator is enough to cool down the engine while racing? Etc.)

Is it difficult to sell a 2-3 year old UK spec car in Singapore?
Will greatly appreciate qualitative answers.

Regards
Y

Re: Q on New M3 E93: Spec difference UK vs Singapore?

UK spec cars may come with mph odometer so please make sure it has kph as that is required by LTA for registration. They will reject your application if you don't have it!

UK spec will not affect registration here. Radiator seems fine running in Singapore. At least mine did.

Thanks a lot Physicist.
Currently, all UK spec cars are coming both with mph and kph.

My only concern now is whether UK radiator size (?) will be enough to withdraw hit from M3's engine while on the track.

Perhaps the money saved from self import.....can be used to upgrade the radiator and other parts with spares for track fees!

My UK specs 320i is doing well after almost one year.

Kiss29: gotcha. Thanks a lot for the input - I've made my decision. =)

Physicist;549809 said:
UK spec cars may come with mph odometer so please make sure it has kph as that is required by LTA for registration. They will reject your application if you don't have it!

UK spec will not affect registration here. Radiator seems fine running in Singapore. At least mine did.

Does the UK specs have cats in the extractors ?

M cars are made in 2-3 factories only in Germany. 1 factory dedicated for the US market and the other 2 for Europe and Asian Markets. UK is essentially the same as Singapore spec except for heated seats, MPH cluster speedos and a few other things. Cooling and everything else is the exact same as I know it. I do not believe the bullshit that PML says have to be tropicalized. Thats how they have been protecting their ricebowl ever since the PI tend grew to instill the fear of getting it from parallel importers. They are all the same inherently in core items like engine and cooling so dont worry about it. At least I know this for M cars...

My pariah 335 never got problems with cooling so should be ok lah

Whatever;548979 said:
Hi all,

As it’s impossible to buy new M3 e93 nowadays in Singapore I’m thinking to import one from UK by myself.

Does anybody know what is the spec difference between UK spec and Singapore spec?

Is the UK spec a crucial obstacle to import a car from the UK and using it in Singapore? (I.e. is the UK spec car radiator is enough to cool down the engine while racing? Etc.)

Is it difficult to sell a 2-3 year old UK spec car in Singapore?
Will greatly appreciate qualitative answers.

Regards
Y

Dear Members,

You can consider buying the M3 E93 directly from Munich Automobiles in Singapore now as we are the M dealership apart from PML. If you need the price list and spec sheets do PM me.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
Munich Automobiles

satinGHOST|r!der;553566 said:
M cars are made in 2-3 factories only in Germany. 1 factory dedicated for the US market and the other 2 for Europe and Asian Markets. UK is essentially the same as Singapore spec except for heated seats, MPH cluster speedos and a few other things. Cooling and everything else is the exact same as I know it. I do not believe the bullshit that PML says have to be tropicalized. Thats how they have been protecting their ricebowl ever since the PI tend grew to instill the fear of getting it from parallel importers. They are all the same inherently in core items like engine and cooling so dont worry about it. At least I know this for M cars...

Haha but in all fairness, i had an experience where the PI said my GTI back then was "topicalized" compared to agent hahahaha

Dear munich auto, how much are you selling M3 competition package

Dude why u got preferential treatment?? Sell car no need advertise??
Last time i sell wheel also must pay, people here sell bonnet and boot also must pay. Smelly....

Carcinogenic;554997 said:
Dude why u got preferential treatment?? Sell car no need advertise??
Last time i sell wheel also must pay, people here sell bonnet and boot also must pay. Smelly....

Maybe Ryan forgot to update the status. Doubt there will be any exception.

Cheers!

All M3s must come with Akrapovic exhaust! :yummie:

They will be Ghost like! ;)

Another difference could be in the fuel injector engine. PML claims that the newer engines (am referring to the N53) cannot take the high sulphur fuel here, and only imports the N52. Not sure what engine the M3 is using, but worth checking out if it really is a problem.

Hi Taneks,

The M3 E90, E92 & E93 are using S65/ V8 engine.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
Munich Automobiles

taneks;555378 said:
Another difference could be in the fuel injector engine. PML claims that the newer engines (am referring to the N53) cannot take the high sulphur fuel here, and only imports the N52. Not sure what engine the M3 is using, but worth checking out if it really is a problem.
///M3 has only 1 engine.

For 2.5L - 3L NA, there are 2 version:
1. Port injection: N52. It is sold outside of western europe.
2. Direct injection: N53. It is sold primarily in western europe.

Back