Q on New M3 E93: Spec difference UK vs Singapore?

Re: Q on New M3 E93: Spec difference UK vs Singapore?

satinGHOST|r!der : Thanks a lot for the input. My thoughts were alike.

Practical question: any suggestions on any particular PI?

Whatever;556139 said:

PM me for further information.

Heated seats are the only difference.

satinGHOST|r!der;553566 said:
M cars are made in 2-3 factories only in Germany. 1 factory dedicated for the US market and the other 2 for Europe and Asian Markets. UK is essentially the same as Singapore spec except for heated seats, MPH cluster speedos and a few other things. Cooling and everything else is the exact same as I know it. I do not believe the bullshit that PML says have to be tropicalized. Thats how they have been protecting their ricebowl ever since the PI tend grew to instill the fear of getting it from parallel importers. They are all the same inherently in core items like engine and cooling so dont worry about it. At least I know this for M cars...

JasonKuan;556342 said:
Heated seats are the only difference.

Seems like the perception most ppl have of the term "tropicalized" is a myth conjured by PML, or any other continental car main distributors, for the sake protecting their market.

However in an attempt to clear the air about this myth ,aka myth-busting, there is evidential truth about the tropicalizing of cars brought in by PML. All cars brought in by PML for the local market are factory spec-ed with the following that differentiates them from the others:

1) Speedometer with kilometer reading
2) HOT climate package
3) Area-Code and Country control package
4) Radio control Oceania
5) Country spec release of teleservice

Amongst the items listed above, #2 speaks very much for itself. I don't know the exact details of what the hot climate package comprises of but my guess is that essentials like radiators, hoses, belts etc are different from our European-based counterparts.

Hope this will shed some light upon the mystical belief that tropicalizing's just a marketing gimmick for main distributors' 'pie' protection.

Cheers!

jnoelq;557503 said:
Seems like the perception most ppl have of the term "tropicalized" is a myth conjured by PML, or any other continental car main distributors, for the sake protecting their market.

However in an attempt to clear the air about this myth ,aka myth-busting, there is evidential truth about the tropicalizing of cars brought in by PML. All cars brought in by PML for the local market are factory spec-ed with the following that differentiates them from the others:

2) HOT climate package
4) Radio control Oceania

Amongst the items listed above, #2 speaks very much for itself. I don't know the exact details of what the hot climate package comprises of but my guess is that essentials like radiators, hoses, belts etc are different from our European-based counterparts.

Hope this will shed some light upon the mystical belief that tropicalizing's just a marketing gimmick for main distributors' 'pie' protection.

Cheers!

I believe the "Hot Climate" may have something to do with your Auto setting for cabin climate control. The hot climate setting will turn the fan and AC on to a higher temperature initially and turn it down as the temperature gets closer to it's set point.

With the huge demand of BMW cars and the minimizing of part costs from a corporate standpoint, it does not make economical sense to have such items like radiators, hoses, belts, etc separate from European based specs. I can only speak for BMW models that are coming from Europe manufacturing plants to Singapore.

jnoelq;557503 said:

2) HOT climate package
4) Radio control Oceania

Cheers!
I went to REALOEM for part list. There is no specific parts for tropical & temperate. Mayb can ask SE to give specific difference.

I know for sure Hot Climate Package means No heated seat but maybe cooling seat...
Not sure the real cooling system/rubber components is of different specs???

davidtch;557602 said:
I went to REALOEM for part list. There is no specific parts for tropical & temperate. Mayb can ask SE to give specific difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

zorro;557605 said:
I know for sure Hot Climate Package means No heated seat but maybe cooling seat...
Not sure the real cooling system/rubber components is of different specs???
If u 1 hot seat, u could spec it in. PML/PI would be happy. There is only 1 part for rubber host.

satinGHOST|r!der;557513 said:
I believe the "Hot Climate" may have something to do with your Auto setting for cabin climate control. The hot climate setting will turn the fan and AC on to a higher temperature initially and turn it down as the temperature gets closer to it's set point.

With the huge demand of BMW cars and the minimizing of part costs from a corporate standpoint, it does not make economical sense to have such items like radiators, hoses, belts, etc separate from European based specs. I can only speak for BMW models that are coming from Europe manufacturing plants to Singapore.

davidtch;557602 said:

Just some info sharing, the Hot Climate Package comprises of a different radiator fan as compared to our European-based counterparts.

The Hot Climate radiator fan's a 600W unit while the latter is only a 400W unit. Reason for the different power rating is pretty obvious.

That's what I can find out for now.

Cheers!

jnoelq;558111 said:
Just some info sharing, the Hot Climate Package comprises of a different radiator fan as compared to our European-based counterparts.

The Hot Climate radiator fan's a 600W unit while the latter is only a 400W unit. Reason for the different power rating is pretty obvious.

That's what I can find out for now.

Cheers!
Based on both realoem & bmwfans, E92 ///M3 comes with 850w radiator fan only for both Euro version & US version.

davidtch;558180 said:
Based on both realoem & bmwfans, E92 ///M3 comes with 850w radiator fan only for both Euro version & US version.

My bad, the 600W radiator fan pertains to the bread & butter E90s.

Thanks for the highlight.

jnoelq;558190 said:
My bad, the 600W radiator fan pertains to the bread & butter E90s.

Thanks for the highlight.
Not all model runs on 600w fan.

320 use 400w fan.

323/325/335 use 600w fan.

Whatever;556139 said:

hi are u looking for a m3 coupe competitive package? pm me if u keen thank
Competitive Package

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back