My 6-year old F10 - only time can tell

From what i read abt ktnpl and papbear have shared, it might be the service personnel at PML failing to nail the root cause of the problem thus causing so much down time. I do agree that F series are more complex thus more parts are prone to breakdown. However, i have heard and seen many others with their bmw issues solved at sponsors ws with a one shot one kill accuracy. Conclusion is that old BMW are problematic but there are many competent ws outside that can take good care of your car.

did you report this to BMW Asia or post this on BMWs twitter account. You will get a response provided you have service histroy wit the dealer. PML is not really helpful in such cases.

Not much point actually. My N63 engine had a customer service package in US. Known problems that should be a recall. But they hide the problem here in Asia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one thread that I had wished wasn't real.

I used to drive the E60 but currently driving a Mercedes C200 Kompressor. And I have been itching to get an F10 even before the C200 but it was not within my Budget back then...

So in the past week or so, going through SGcarmart has rekindled my wish...but this post has brought me down back to earth again. Haiz...

In every batch of cars, expect low volume of lemons. In my opinion, you will still be able to get a good quality used unit as long as owners start to look after their cars instead of leaving it COMPLETELY to PML's service advice.

In every batch of cars, expect low volume of lemons. In my opinion, you will still be able to get a good quality used unit as long as owners start to look after their cars instead of leaving it COMPLETELY to PML's service advice.

You are right but sometimes it still gets to you. Maybe I should compile a list of items which seems to fail more often on the F10. Or is there already such a thread? Probably will do a search on this.

Honestly, nothing in the car failed me other than those standard wear and tear during the period of ownership.
I was actually quite sad when I handed the keys to PML.
It is a good car. I can't describe it in words the satisfaction that was derived from driving it every time.

I had back to back 2 F10s. Really great car to drive. No major issues. I will part way soon...Will be sad for sure.

Hi for those aspire to get a used F10, watch up for your GB, mine was replaced at just over 50k mileage n over the warranty period of three years by few months. The problem is the car jerks when slowing down or stopping. I paid one third for the GB.
Another problem is the suspension rides like floating boat. Mine is F10 523 end 2011. Another fren of mine with slightly higher mileage also GB Need to be replaced.

Did you guys change the Gear Box oil every 30k? Although it say lifetime no need to change. I believe in spore weather have to get it change every 30k

Yes someone also told me lifetime no need change gearbox oil... how can that be true?

Yes someone also told me lifetime no need change gearbox oil... how can that be true?

Pls go change the GB fluid, it will make wonders to your drive experience. While you're at it, change the belt tensioner too for an addnl 100+ bucks.

What is GB fluid?

I bought from Eng Soon and they recommended 7 bottles... I also don't know what they gave me. I paid and left.

I change GB oil with filter they also tell me need 7 bottles of GB.. I heard for Germany car the GB is life time but not in spore sure a hot weather.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back