maserati new gran Cabrio

Re: maserati new gran Cabrio

agreed, reeve. it is all about the manufacturer.........bmw i think just doesnt want to break free from the exec, industralist german style ....

take the aventador v12 for example, the sound also not as heong as the 458....lambo tune the exhos sys to be like this....

bm? i think wait for next CEO or something liao... sigh

yes 1m, we know we are fast, but this thread has all along been about the nice sounding sexy new M GC not how fast ur 1M can beat it....later my 5 will beat u very very soon after u overtake M GC cuz u block my view of enjoying the M GC.

They also revised the front bumper of the gran cabrio to look like the Mc Stradle , now it looks so more chiozzz :yummie:

Doodles;911604 said:
what in the world is a pouching horse?? :whatthe:
Wrong spelling lor, typed too fast and didnt bother to check LOL.

Godzilla39;911671 said:
... yes 1m, we know we are fast, but this thread has all along been about the nice sounding sexy new M GC not how fast ur 1M can beat it.....
Don't get me wrong, I too love the sound of it's exhaust. The consolation is beating it while hearing it :p

Godzilla39;911671 said:
.......later my 5 will beat u very very soon after u overtake M GC cuz u block my view of enjoying the M GC.
Have a nice view of it's butt then overtake to have a nice view of it's front :thumbsup:
Oh my butt and my front too after u pass me :)

The reason why masers sound so good is simple. Flat plane crankshaft, thanks to Ferrari.

maserati new gran Cabrio

racingminds;919930 said:
The reason why masers sound so good is simple. Flat plane crankshaft, thanks to Ferrari.

How does that help with the sound?

The exhaust notes are related to the design of the exhaust manifold --> which is related to the firing order of the engine --> which is related to cylinder layout and the design of the crankshaft. That's why Flat plane crankshaft V8s usually sound like 2 x 4piston engines screaming at the same time. Most V8s use cross plane crankshafts, which gives a deeper rumbling note. Combined with the fine exhaust tuning experience Ferrari has, you get an orgasmic musical orchestra. Flat plane crankshafts also don't require counterweights, and therefore have less mass and a lower moment of inertia, which translates into faster acceleration and higher rpm redline.

racingminds;919930 said:

Not all Maserati engines are flat plane. The 4.2L is a square crank.

I was told by the saleman, that Maser design a micro drop of oil into the exhaust manifold to create the fabulous exhaust sound. but i do not know whether it is true.

Reeve;920156 said:
I was told by the saleman, that Maser design a micro drop of oil into the exhaust manifold to create the fabulous exhaust sound. but i do not know whether it is true.

micro drop of oil - Sounds very interesting...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keonhacainexus
Back