Info on hiring a chauffeur

ahjayeson

Hi guys,

Would like to ask for details pertaining to hiring a chauffeur. Typically how much is the salary and working hours? And if the hours are like 8am-6pm, what happens when there are days that he has to work beyond 6pm or working over weekends?

Thanks

Re: Info on hiring a chauffeur

Hmm... if you guys are serious, I could check with my contacts.

Typically, on an ad hoc basis, the going rate is about $40 per hour - but petrol/car servicing of course is on your own.

If you want a full time chauffeur, that's a different thing altogether - I could check for you if you are serious in finding out

Too many variables to consider.

Is this company payroll or own pocket?

a few things to consider...

- transport allowance if any to and from workplace (motorbike, bus), or petrol card for motorbike etc.

- handphone allowance if any to contact driver

- lunch hour, is driver allowed to use employer's car to go makan or must return to employer's house to park the car and then venture out to eat.

- type / scope of work eg... gotta arrive at employer's house during school days to fetch kids to school, what time? or say employer entertains a lot at night, OT pay is great but knock off time is like 3 - 4am? then start work at 7am cos employer's kids need to go school.... these types end up quitting very early cos working hours xiong.

- working on public holidays.... OT pay or regular hourly pay?

- working on saturdays?

Very hard to even give ball park figures since OT plays a major factor in the take home pay.

Calculation of OT also another consideration, do you factor in timing you knock off or knock off time plus say 1/2 hour travel time to go home?

Friend of mine told his driver's hours are 8am - 6pm, but must arrive at 7am to fetch kids to work, non schooling days, driver starts at 8am.

If strictly for company use, driver can / might be used as dispatch driver or messenger boy?

Straits times classified section typically have advertisements for such job openings, can go and look for guidance.

Jason, how much you paying for your chio driver?

My wife is my driver, and yes, she is chio... to me :)

jasonmaxima;748608 said:
Too many variables to consider.

Is this company payroll or own pocket?

a few things to consider...

- transport allowance if any to and from workplace (motorbike, bus), or petrol card for motorbike etc.

- handphone allowance if any to contact driver

- lunch hour, is driver allowed to use employer's car to go makan or must return to employer's house to park the car and then venture out to eat.

- type / scope of work eg... gotta arrive at employer's house during school days to fetch kids to school, what time? or say employer entertains a lot at night, OT pay is great but knock off time is like 3 - 4am? then start work at 7am cos employer's kids need to go school.... these types end up quitting very early cos working hours xiong.

- working on public holidays.... OT pay or regular hourly pay?

- working on saturdays?

Very hard to even give ball park figures since OT plays a major factor in the take home pay.

Calculation of OT also another consideration, do you factor in timing you knock off or knock off time plus say 1/2 hour travel time to go home?

Friend of mine told his driver's hours are 8am - 6pm, but must arrive at 7am to fetch kids to work, non schooling days, driver starts at 8am.

If strictly for company use, driver can / might be used as dispatch driver or messenger boy?

Straits times classified section typically have advertisements for such job openings, can go and look for guidance.

Its for my family, as ageing parents, kid + dogs will find a chauffeur really handy. Hours should be rather regular from 8-6, unless there are dinner outings, say twice a week?

Online job posting for chauffeurs varies from 1.3k to 2.5k, and I think this variance is a bit large. Probably its various allowances that created the difference.

Thanks for your advice. Cheers!

kenntona;748612 said:
Jason, how much you paying for your chio driver?

if you referring to my wife.... but she seldom drives me, I am usually the one driving...why stress her??

I pay for min 4 holidays a year....airplane, tickets, food and some shopping.

If I wanted to hire a chauffeur, I would just sell my BMW and my parent's Merc and buy a Camry or Teana and have him drive all of us around.

Thinking of it, it might be significantly cheaper!! Damn...

I mean your other chio driver.....

I used to rotate between a few 'chio' drivers in my golf bag....

Oh those beauties....

with their long statuesque carbon fiber bodies, producing a satisfying 'PING' sound that was 'ear-gasmic' to me.... whenever the golf ball and club face met upon impact.

She also gave me confidence since the golf ball typically sailed 250m before landing......

now I play Wii golf if I have the time....

jasonmaxima;748720 said:

Oh those beauties....

with their long statuesque carbon fiber bodies, producing a satisfying 'PING' sound that was 'ear-gasmic' to me.... whenever the golf ball and club face met upon impact.

She also gave me confidence since the golf ball typically sailed 250m before landing......

HAHAHAHAHAHA....

And I thought I was the only poet here... bro jason, YOU DA MAN!!!!

jasonmaxima;748720 said:

Oh those beauties....

Taylormade, Titleist or Callaway? Irrelevant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaner
Back