Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

Re: Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

Mockngbrd;649931 said:
well it has finally happened to me, my rear right side inner sidewalls cracked... nnb
nex set will be hankooooks

hankooooooks ?? no way.

performance wise sucks!! other than that, it's value for money.

formally on PS2 and due to rear slight tear due to kerb bashing, decided to change all four even though there still lots of mileage to go. trying to save some $$ and put on their so called best performance tyres. i tot if they can last me a year, i m ok.

d minute i drove it, i kinda regretted as I couldn't feel the feedback. i tot i would get used to it but after 4 days i couldn't stand it. and it kinda give an oversteering effects when travelling a higher speed :(

give up on them and put back with PSS. can now drive with peace of mind.

based on the discussion in vagsg, the crack might be due to 'hitting on hard object'
the sidewall crack defect does not looks like this, at least for v1 ... the crackline is fine and not 'burst out' like this
in reference to GY ASY V2 price, i would rather take CSC5P :thumbsup:

alim26;686606 said:
just read that the infamous sidewall crack continues on the Asymmetric 2. Buyers please think twice before your purchase while users please check your tyres every 5000 km.

alim26;686606 said:
just read that the infamous sidewall crack continues on the Asymmetric 2. Buyers please think twice before your purchase while users please check your tyres every 5000 km.

Source: VAGSG F1 Asymmetric 2 Sidewall CRACK

:errr: .. oh dear, I just ordered mine today... tot they have addressed the issue...

jawzsg;687311 said:
:errr: .. oh dear, I just ordered mine today... tot they have addressed the issue...

Don't worry bro. This sidewall crack issues had actually been looked into quite some time back. I have used these tyres last year and they are good and value for money tyres in my opinion. Enjoy the good choice..

jawzsg;687311 said:
Chairman, go for PSS lah. A request from Sandy.

I use 18" on my merc W211 for a year plus. Very happy with them. Cheap and good.

Michelin PS 3 or Goodyear Asy 2 ?

Mine is company's car. I sometimes used to fetch american and british clients from airports for our company. Decently quiet and comfortable but safe in the rain are my considerations.

Which should I choose Michelin PS 3 or Goodyear Asymmetric 2?

Thank you .

Re: Michelin PS 3 or Goodyear Asy 2 ?

annachien;698421 said:
Mine is company's car. I sometimes used to fetch american and british clients from airports for our company. Decently quiet and comfortable but safe in the rain are my considerations.

Which should I choose Michelin PS 3 or Goodyear Asymmetric 2?

Thank you .
IF money is not an issue michelin ps3 is still a better tyre in my PPO.

robert tan

have you tried the goodyear asymetrical2 ? :dance:

leethomas;699397 said:
robert tan

have you tried the goodyear asymetrical2 ? :dance:
yes , had driven and sit on this tyre, is not bad but still found the ps3 better in terms of handling and comfort:thumbsup:
this is just MHO.

tried on same car?

Last edited by a moderator:

PS 3 feels skiddish during heavy rain. not so with goodyear asymetrical2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member