Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

firedance

A shop advised that the new tyre model from Goodyear, F1 Asymmetric, is good for thick sidewall, 40 series or higher. He does not recommend to use this tyre for low profile 25 or 30 series. This tyre is prone to crack running at low profile.

I am surprised to receive this feedback because of the very good reviews about this tyre from the press and the community. Any feedback about this claim?

For low profile tyre, the shop recommend Advan sport, Bridgestone or Michellin!

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/images/icons/rims.gif
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

Re: Goodyear F1 Asymmetric low profile sidewall crack

firedancing, take their comments with a pinch of salt. the reviews in the website is very good. or else can ask bros here on their opinions if they r using it. sometimes tyre sellers have incentives for selling certain brands or they wanna get rid of older tyres in the shop. 1001 reasons.

Really. BTW hows Advan Sport, good?

advan sport not bad. I have it on 19" wheels on my e60, done about 10000kms. relatively quiet and breaks away quite predictably at the limit.

I'm on my 2nd set of F1 Assy and have recommended many others who are also using it without any issues. Most of us are on profiles 30-35.

Make sure the F1s from the Vendor are made in Germany or Luxemburg, not China ;) It will be stated on the sidewalls.

No kidding.. they actually have made in China ones!

any profile can crack if u dont inflate it well....
simple rule.

Am on F1 assym, 245/40/18. BMW recommend inflating to 270psi for rear for this size. Does anyone ever pump to such pressure? Is it really necessary at all or ~240psi is good enuf.

Any bros can advise?

Scooby75;495175 said:
Am on F1 assym, 245/40/18. BMW recommend inflating to 270psi for rear for this size. Does anyone ever pump to such pressure? Is it really necessary at all or ~240psi is good enuf.

Any bros can advise?
no need 270. too hard.

am on 240 on my michelin PS2. just right. can even go 250 if you hink its too soft.

Dealer/Manufacturers usually advocate higher tyre pressures so as to positively impact fuel economy. More pressure has less rolling resistance - Ceteris Paribus.

firedance;494282 said:
A shop advised that the new tyre model from Goodyear, F1 Asymmetric, is good for thick sidewall, 40 series or higher. He does not recommend to use this tyre for low profile 25 or 30 series. This tyre is prone to crack running at low profile.

I am surprised to receive this feedback because of the very good reviews about this tyre from the press and the community. Any feedback about this claim?

For low profile tyre, the shop recommend Advan sport, Bridgestone or Michellin!

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/images/icons/rims.gif
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif

well just found out today my front 6 months old Goodyear A/S has developed several crack along the inner sidewalls. 235/35/19

doubt it's due to poor inflation as it's always been monitored...kindda of disappointed with GY's quality.

Deadkookaburra;495248 said:
well just found out today my front 6 months old Goodyear A/S has developed several crack along the inner sidewalls. 235/35/19

doubt it's due to poor inflation as it's always been monitored...kindda of disappointed with GY's quality.
do heard about that is always on sidewall facing inside,so next time when in the workshop have any chance to see inside do check for any hair line crack.
i dont think it has to do with the origin

on gy f1 asym, 18" staggerred, front 250psi, rear 270psi.

no crack issue. mine from germany, made in 08.

i'm on GY F1 ASY too, staggerred, 225 & 255 tyres with 230psi & 250psi.

is my tyre pressure too low ?

wt_know;496077 said:

sounds good. perfect

have TPMS so my tyres r never under inflate. well really think is quality issue and the cracks are hard to spot (about 1cm in 4 places) esp if you tyre is inflated. there are neat horizontal slits just above the rim on the inside wall.

it's more obvious when u deflate them...but who will do that for no reason. HAHA!

well mine's Mar 08 manfactured tyre Made in Germany also...installed in Apr 09 and just found the slits.

My only worry...rear tyre size 265/30/19 is hard to find....calling "Dave" any spare stocks?

wt_know;496077 said:

What car u driving? If e92, I suggest higher front and lower rear. 240 all round seems better to me.

I would love to try 225/255 on 18s for Asym in future. getting sick of 19s liao. Can try try your GY ?:p

19 looks so chio on E90/E92 :thumbsup:

I'm driving E90, will try 240 all round for a test :p

My next target set of rim would be Advan RS < 8kg, which is the next best match for my little slow E90 320.

Ahbengdriver;496205 said:
What car u driving? If e92, I suggest higher front and lower rear. 240 all round seems better to me.

I would love to try 225/255 on 18s for Asym in future. getting sick of 19s liao. Can try try your GY ?:p

wt_know;496208 said:
19 looks so chio on E90/E92 :thumbsup:

I'm driving E90, will try 240 all round for a test :p

My next target set of rim would be Advan RS < 8kg, which is the next best match for my little slow E90 320.

19s attract too much attention. 18 handles better actually, and can stiffen the suspension more.

wah steady...I also thinking of Advan RS 18s. I think just wrap them in Yokohama tyres can liao...cheap n good. If BMW can use this combo to race in WTCC, I dun see why can we.:sneaky: .

TripleM;495090 said:
any profile can crack if u dont inflate it well....
simple rule.

Tyre shop said if we under inflate the tyre side wall crack easily, such as my 240 psi on 19s. The guy said my front shld be 250 psi n rear 270 psi...IRREGARDLESS the tyre brand I use.

TRUE or :withstup:???

Back