ECU tuning on the F20

Re: ECU tuning on the F20

Whats the background of the Tuner? Got any racing background or long term tests? Choose wisely, my friend.

Theres alot of tuners that just advance timing, or just play with AFR. Or load generic map from Headquarters from where they get the tune from. Very simple to do, but what is needed is skill to know wheres the limits.. Good way to test a tuner 'know how' is to pass him a highly modded custom turbo car with aftermarket injectors and have a successful tune that can last 24hr merdeka millenium race. (that will be out of his comfort zone)

Getting a reputable tuner is very important. Some cars with a bad tune, engine blow on NSH up, or at Sepang. Many true stories.
Have to buy new engine from Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:

hetraa;865816 said:
Whats the background of the Tuner? Got any racing background or long term tests? Choose wisely, my friend.

Theres alot of tuners that just advance timing, or just play with AFR. Or load generic map from Headquarters from where they get the tune from. Very simple to do, but what is needed is skill to know wheres the limits.. Good way to test a tuner 'know how' is to pass him a highly modded custom turbo car with aftermarket injectors and have a successful tune that can last 24hr merdeka millenium race. (that will be out of his comfort zone)

Getting a reputable tuner is very important. Some cars with a bad tune, engine blow on NSH up, or at Sepang. Many true stories.
Have to buy new engine from Germany.

Calvin Wan from Eurosports. His company profile here Eurosports Performance Tuning - Automotive - Singapore, Singapore | Facebook

I know of 3 reputable tuners in Singapore with race credentials (of course there are more, but these are the popular ones), he is one of them. The other two are Doc Hannson and Rommel Singh. Calvin is the only one bringing in the original reflash solution for F-series.

Singsider;865825 said:
Calvin Wan from Eurosports. His company profile here Eurosports Performance Tuning - Automotive - Singapore, Singapore | Facebook

I know of 3 reputable tuners in Singapore with race credentials (of course there are more, but these are the popular ones), he is one of them. The other two are Doc Hannson and Rommel Singh. Calvin is the only one bringing in the original reflash solution for F-series.

bro u formerly frm VW forum??

leslie11;866442 said:
Me two...got lots more from VW also.

Bro.. Have you seen the m performance body kit for f20? I wonder how much is MA charging? Btw how is the ac schnitzer GB going? Both kits are dam fierce!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I think it'll be most worth it when ordered with a brand new car cos the OMV will be higher.

If not, I think it costs $8k and comes with the M Kit and that includes BBK (4 & 2)! BBK is already $6k at MA so that deal is really worth it. Again, if I had done my homework before hand....

So if anyone is looking to get the F20, read this post again and order the M kit when you order your car!

Singsider;866466 said:
Btw how is the ac schnitzer GB going?

I ordered the kit for myself first, couldn't wait for more kakis to join. Apparently there is some summer break that is causing my bodykit to arrive in another 2-3 wks! Pui!

Not only that, my rims were supposed to come from Japan in 1-2 wks but heard others saying that usually must add another 1 wk to the ETA. Cannot be Japan also have summer break! Pui pui!

Don't ask me about the pedals....

I KPOed n ask J4C for a quote on KS module. Anyone interested can PM me cos it's a GB price for limited units. I'll announce when J4C gives the go ahead to do so.

leslie11;867897 said:
I KPOed n ask J4C for a quote on KS module. Anyone interested can PM me cos it's a GB price for limited units. I'll announce when J4C gives the go ahead to do so.

Wondering what is the difference between the swisstech chip box which is $850 n this kellener one which is abt 2.5 times more in pricing? Extra power more or less the same?

Surely bhp n torque will improve. The KS has prob more testing done as they are a reknowned BMW brand, ie your engine is in safer hands with KS.

ginmin;867912 said:
Wondering what is the difference between the swisstech chip box which is $850 n this kellener one which is abt 2.5 times more in pricing? Extra power more or less the same?

Quoted power/torque almost the same.

Butt feel very different. Didn't dyno coz didn't do stock. Anyway, on wheel dyno figures not accurate so I didn't bother.

One use printer port as connector. The other don't.
Guess that's where the price difference is lor! :)
Oh yeah! One monitors slightly more inputs than the other.

ben1;867923 said:
Quoted power/torque almost the same.

Butt feel very different. Didn't dyno coz didn't do stock. Anyway, on wheel dyno figures not accurate so I didn't bother.

One use printer port as connector. The other don't.
Guess that's where the price difference is lor! :)
Oh yeah! One monitors slightly more inputs than the other.

Asking a noob question but wat is the big difference between one using printer port as connector n one that doesnt? Suppose that kellener is using non printer port. Is the diff really worth the price in terms of effect on car or reliability?

You get what u pay :)

Do it right, do it once.
Enjoy sooner.

Get it wrong, will cost you much more in the end.

ben1;867933 said:
You get what u pay :)

Do it right, do it once.
Enjoy sooner.

Get it wrong, will cost you much more in the end.

Agreed...I learn it the hard way...:furious:

Fully agreed with the posts above.

Although most boxes will quote pretty generic spec, the rpm which the boost kicks in and the timing of the sparking at which position of the piston to give the downward thrust (power) may differ.

I personally am considering a custom tuning box from my former tuners. More on that later and possibly starting a GB on it so stay tune also.

it will definitely be more pricy than the SCT but much much cheaper than the Kelleners.

Focus of the custom tuning box will focus on low end so it appeals to me. At stock, i already find it quite pointless to step for long durations as I will hit lights in a couple minutes unless i'm on an expressway.

cheers

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feinsteinzeug

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back