Do u service your car at 10k ?

Re: Do u service your car at 10k ?

$85 x 2 is $170 for 8 liters....

$30 for labour and oil filter plus costs to get rid of your old engine oil....

Liv2Golf;795876 said:
Just did 20k mileage servicing at workshop they said my F10 needed 8 liters of engine oil. Is it that much?

Also changed rear brake pads which costs me $220+$25 sensor....

Surprise that rear worn out first

All these at non PML workshop as car is PI

Is it be cos of d auto stop function tats why rear brake pads wear out fast?
Mine prompt to change rear brake pads coming 30k.

MW;795912 said:
There aren't any concrete answers to that but like I said, many F10 owners have experienced the same thing and I will not be surprised if I go check my i-drive now, it will show rear pads have worn out faster than my front...one common assumption is that it has to do with how the DSC and traction control works, using rear wheel braking for more than we think. The more powerful cars seem to show it up more

One fella in US asked BMW why and this was the answer:

1) If I do mainly city/local traffic driving, BMW has engineered the car to use the rear brakes more than the front (75% more use of the rear) to bring the car to a stop .... by using the rear brakes more, the car comes to a 'smoother' stop without the traditional 'front end diving'
2) In a high speed braking, like driving in the highway, BMW programmed the car to use more of the front brakes as they do have more braking power than the rear.

This could be true as I visually inspected the rear pads and has been worn down by 50% thickness

do u guys bring your own engine oil for servicing at PML? i ask they tell me if use ur own engine oil, anything wrong with engine not covered? i think like they talking bull shit. i ask them they using shell. but most bros here say use mobil or castrol better right?

btw i ask them for my 1st 10k km servicing...

rt333;796202 said:
do u guys bring your own engine oil for servicing at PML? i ask they tell me if use ur own engine oil, anything wrong with engine not covered? i think like they talking bull shit. i ask them they using shell. but most bros here say use mobil or castrol better right?

Bring BMW approved oils, LL-01 and then see wat those asswipes say...

MW;796213 said:
Bring BMW approved oils, LL-01 and then see wat those asswipes say...

Maybe next time must also pump petrol from PML otherwise warranty void.

rt333;796202 said:

They said can bring engine oil.
Pml using castrol.
Bring own engine oil u save abt $100.

last time when they were using Castrol, they die die say Castrol best in the world for BMW..now they use Shell Helix and change tune.

Next year they change to Mobil 1 and will say those who said Castrol and Shell were good have been sacked and now Mobil is the best in the world for BMW or they resign

hey guys, where do u all service yr car?? which workshop n wht oil n how much?? haha.. driving e60. thanks..

Hi uls.boy, we are in the midst of setting up our new Spoons 'R Us service, so please bear with us for a while more. In the meantime, please do not go service your car and wait for our full service to be available for you.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

:
MW;796247 said:
Hi uls.boy, we are in the midst of setting up our new Spoons 'R Us service, so please bear with us for a while more. In the meantime, please do not go service your car and wait for our full service to be available for you.

Thanks

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MW;796247 said:

Thanks

thanks for your "kind" comment. :)

MW;796231 said:
last time when they were using Castrol, they die die say Castrol best in the world for BMW..now they use Shell Helix and change tune.

Next year they change to Mobil 1 and will say those who said Castrol and Shell were good have been sacked and now Mobil is the best in the world for BMW or they resign
BMW official oil supplier is castrol le.

Until (and if ever) MW gets his Spoons-r-Us up and running, I thot i should provide this info for the beneift of all.

I just did my servicing at Munich.

Brought my own oil Got from Giant at $9.90 x 7 = $70. Servicing cost at MA about $80, including oil filter.

Total about $$160.

Or you can wait for Spoons-r-Us but their price may be a little more - MW standard more atas.

MapleLeaf;796696 said:
Until (and if ever) MW gets his Spoons-r-Us up and running, I thot i should provide this info for the beneift of all.

I just did my servicing at Munich.

Brought my own oil Got from Giant at $9.90 x 7 = $70. Servicing cost at MA about $80, including oil filter.

Total about $$160.

Or you can wait for Spoons-r-Us but their price may be a little more - MW standard more atas.

Hi Bro, does the MA servicing include checks?

st8800;796792 said:
Hi Bro, does the MA servicing include checks?

Hi st8800... dun mean to sound bitchy.....

but IMHO.....MA is a phone call away as to what is included in their servicing...

cheeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssssss

True Jason but what's the point of a forum if we can't ask each other questions right? It's not just for my benefit but for other forumers who may be reading as well,

Where to buy mobil1 gold at 10 dollars? Next time bring own oil can save at least 100 dollars.

hondacivic;796228 said:
They said can bring engine oil.
Pml using castrol.
Bring own engine oil u save abt $100.

hmmm...i just ask their tehnical manager he tell me they using shell...y sub standard answer..anyway do we need to tell them when making servicing appt that we will bring our own engine oil? i search forum, 7litres shld be enough for F10 520 right?

Back