Do u service your car at 10k ?

Re: Do u service your car at 10k ?

What do you all mean by the engine oil is very smooth? Is it cuz i drive v slow so cannot tell smooth or rough?

helbreath;788320 said:
What do you all mean by the engine oil is very smooth? Is it cuz i drive v slow so cannot tell smooth or rough?

Acceleration n moving off time, u will feel it, esp during start stop traffic.

Just did 20k mileage servicing at workshop they said my F10 needed 8 liters of engine oil. Is it that much?

Also changed rear brake pads which costs me $220+$25 sensor....

Surprise that rear worn out first

All these at non PML workshop as car is PI

Liv2Golf;795876 said:
Just did 20k mileage servicing at workshop they said my F10 needed 8 liters of engine oil. Is it that much?

do you drive with rear brakes switched on??

20k km for F10 with electric rear brakes....wear out faster than fronts.... something wrong.

else, you are a seasoned drift car expert and use your rear brakes to execute drifts....

shd be about 7 litres only

brake pad wear and tear depends on your driving style..or rather braking style...

at 20k km, brake pad wearing out at the rear is questionable as the front uses more braking power than rear. Should be front pads wear out 1st. Did the i-drive sound off or indicate the mileage of brake pad left?

I remember reading in f10.5post tat many in the US have this same problem of rear pads wearing out within 20-25k km and found out its just the sensor problem and not really the pads worn out, unless of cos you see the pads really no more

jasonmaxima;795895 said:
do you drive with rear brakes switched on??

20k km for F10 with electric rear brakes....wear out faster than fronts.... something wrong.

else, you are a seasoned drift car expert and use your rear brakes to execute drifts....

How to drive with rear brakes switch on hur?

MW;795896 said:
shd be about 7 litres only

brake pad wear and tear depends on your driving style..or rather braking style...

at 20k km, brake pad wearing out at the rear is questionable as the front uses more braking power than rear. Should be front pads wear out 1st. Did the i-drive sound off or indicate the mileage of brake pad left?

I remember reading in f10.5post tat many in the US have this same problem of rear pads wearing out within 20-25k km and found out its just the sensor problem and not really the pads worn out, unless of cos you see the pads really no more

Idrive show rear left 12k to svc and front 50k to service. I can't understand as previous owner may have changed front ? The mechanic also told me the rear needs to change based on inspection. Funny thing mileage now is only 20k wor

There aren't any concrete answers to that but like I said, many F10 owners have experienced the same thing and I will not be surprised if I go check my i-drive now, it will show rear pads have worn out faster than my front...one common assumption is that it has to do with how the DSC and traction control works, using rear wheel braking for more than we think. The more powerful cars seem to show it up more

One fella in US asked BMW why and this was the answer:

1) If I do mainly city/local traffic driving, BMW has engineered the car to use the rear brakes more than the front (75% more use of the rear) to bring the car to a stop .... by using the rear brakes more, the car comes to a 'smoother' stop without the traditional 'front end diving'
2) In a high speed braking, like driving in the highway, BMW programmed the car to use more of the front brakes as they do have more braking power than the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liv2Golf;795876 said:

To be very precise it is 6.5 litres. Normally they will charge you for 7 litres. This is for N52/N55.

Liv2Golf;795903 said:
How to drive with rear brakes switch on hur?

engage drive.... press the accelerator pedal hard.... with parking brake activated.... confirm over time... parking brake sure up lorry....??

anyways, like what MW said.... check out the rear pads... might just be a sensor issue.

but if pads really thin...then perhaps your rear brakes are activated (read...mechanical fault) when you are driving normally.

Liv2Golf, ur workshop is reputable one or not? 8 ltrs is alot leh. They cut throat u ahh?

maybe they use 2x4 liter bottle and charged him for that

Tat is cheating because the remaining 1ltr they can use it for topping up purposes and then charge $20 for it

MW;795925 said:
Tat is cheating because the remaining 1ltr they can use it for topping up purposes and then charge $20 for it

Yes they will just put it back on the shelf and use for next car.

Live2Golf, u kenna conned liao

MW;795922 said:
Liv2Golf, ur workshop is reputable one or not? 8 ltrs is alot leh. They cut throat u ahh?

Quite reputable workshop in Sin Min. Thanks later I complain

helbreath;795919 said:
To be very precise it is 6.5 litres. Normally they will charge you for 7 litres. This is for N52/N55.

yes its exactly 6.5ltrs..not 8ltrs..not even close.

MW;795945 said:
yes its exactly 6.5ltrs..not 8ltrs..not even close.

Next time I bring my own engine oil then would not Kenna cheated. Just walked to a nearby auto supplies shop and was quoted 4litrrs castrol for $85. Bloody workshop want to charge me 8 litters for $200.

Is labour cost expected for oil change?

they'll charged for labour n oil filter

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet41so

Latest posts