3M Customized Floor mats

Re: 3M Customized Floor mats

All PM Replied. Tks

Toyota president expresses regret over fatal US accident in which floor-mat problem suspected
Toyota orders floor mat inspections after fatal crash - USATODAY.com
Toyota orders floor mat inspections after fatal crash

By Robert Jablon, Associated Press Writer
Extracted from USAtoday
LOS ANGELES — Toyota said Tuesday it will order all dealers to inspect their cars for mismatched floor mats after a mat was suspected of snagging a gas pedal on a runaway Lexus, ending with a fiery crash that killed four family members in San Diego County.
Toyota Motor Sales USA planned to issue an order Wednesday to about 1,400 Toyota and Lexus dealers nationwide to make sure each of their new, used and loaner vehicles had the proper floor mats and that the mats were properly secured, said Brian Lyons, a spokesman for the Torrance-based company.
Customers who are concerned should also make sure they have the proper mats.
"If there's any doubt in their mind about the security and shape of their mat, go ahead and visit the dealer" to have them checked, Lyons said.
California Highway Patrol Officer Mark Saylor, 45, and three others were killed Aug. 28 on State Route 125 in Santee, a town near San Diego. The runaway car was doing more than 120 mph when it hit a sport-utility vehicle, launched off an embankment, rolled several times and burst into flames.
The SUV driver was treated for moderate injuries.
In addition to Saylor, who was a 19-year CHP veteran, the crash killed his wife, Cleofe, 45; their daughter, Mahala, 13; and Saylor's brother-in-law, Chris Lastrella, 38.
Lastrella called police about a minute before the crash to say the vehicle had no brakes and the accelerator was stuck.
The call ends with someone telling people in the car to hold on and pray, followed by a woman's scream.
The family was in a 2009 Lexus ES 350 that was loaned by a dealer, Bob Baker Lexus El Cajon, while their own vehicle was being serviced.
Investigators with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration have determined that a rubber all-weather floor mat found in the wreckage was slightly longer than the mat that belonged in the vehicle.
That could have snared or covered the accelerator pedal.
"We don't know if the all-weather floor mat was properly secured or not," he said. "We do know that it was a floor mat from a different Lexus."
A call left for Dave Ezratty, a vice president at the dealership, was not immediately returned Tuesday.
Lyons said most Toyotas come with carpeted floor mats, but all-weather mats are sold as accessories.
After the accident, Toyota officials contacted the dealer and told him to check the mats in cars, Lyons said.
"It's really nothing different than what we're going to instruct all the dealers" to do, he added.
The driver could have put the car in neutral to disengage the engine from the automatic transmission, Lyons said.
The driver also could have turned off the electronically keyed car by holding down the start switch for three seconds, but that could have locked the steering wheel, turned off the headlights and cut power-assist to the brakes, Lyons said.
Lyons said the company had not had any complaints about mismatched floor mats.
In 2007, the company did recall all-weather mats from some of its Lexus ES 350s and Toyota Camrys after complaints that they could slip and trap the accelerator.
However, this crash was unrelated to the mats that were pulled from the market during the recall, Lyons said.

Due to the recent car accidents in the United States, we advised everyone to get the Customised 3M Nomad Carmat with heel plates & gripper strips which are fully customised for each individual cars and also gripper strips below the mats will prevent it from moving and slipping and thus will not get trap at the accelerator. These cases might happen to other car brands too.
We notice some of our customers who used back their old carmats from another different car model which does not fit on their current cars. Also carmats without grippers below which will move about and get caught on the accelerator thus causing accidents. Its Just not worthwhile to save a little money and get yourself into accidents.

Azriel:

You not scared the radiowaves from h/p can affect your vital parts? :lol:

Azrielsc;347886 said:
That's the best spot to place the handphone. There is no where else! :)

Blackcookie:

If its a genuine 3M mat, suggest you just bring to the Bt Batok office and get them to improve on the grips below the mats. I am sure they can add more strips of grips.

BlackCookie;346646 said:
ask your SE to throw in hahahaha...

mine kept slipping off, very irritating... anyone knows how i can prevent my 3M mat from slipping?

I just done the customized floormats with 3A (www.3Acarmats.com.sg).
I think they are good and value for money.
They have improved also.

1 year ago, I had another car done by them, good work except that they used velcro to secure the mats to the car carpet - not very good.
But these days they also use quite solid grippers to ensure the mats dont move about.

I am very satisfied with the efficient and friendly services provided by Karen and Cutie (from Myammar who speaks good English and Mandarin!! They will serve drinks upon your arrival, even before talking about what we want to do. While waiting, we can stay in their aircon lounge with car magazines and free internet access!! Alternatively, if they have your car template, you can get them to deliver to you free.

If you guys use 3A, make sure to go to the Kaki Bukit one. The rest many not be genuine. Also, choose the higher quality thick one. Its value for money.

Chanced upon this thread just as I got my customised plush mat from a forummer (Wizkar) at Vagsg.com.

Ordered it sometime back in July and totally forgot about it... until I got a call on Friday saying that the mats were ready. Plush mats custom made in Germany, great quality. Had to wait a bit tough.

4015258975_1ba8375058.jpg

4016048918_52b93e7e24.jpg

How easy is it to clean these 3M mats? I've heard when dirt gets stuck in the fibers, quite tough to get them out.

twotencents;519096 said:
How easy is it to clean these 3M mats? I've heard when dirt gets stuck in the fibers, quite tough to get them out.
just slam it against a wall or pillar. most debri shld flick off quite easily.

3Mflyer.jpg

We are the Authorised Vendor for Customised 3M Nomad carmat with heel plate and grippers for all online car clubs and car forums. Please call or sms me at 96952338 if you want to order. The most worthwhile investment for your car. Will last you till you change another car or even if you want to drive your car for more than 3 years. Free delivery.
I will be at reservist training from 12-19 July. Any orders for Customised 3M Nomad carmats, pls sms me at 96952338 to order and I will deliver to you after 20 July. Thanks for your understanding.

Visit our website:
www.advancedsecurityconcept.webs.com

Asc Singapore | Facebook

Hi,

I was at Leng Kee PML yesterday. At the parts and accessory counter, they are having discount on the nomad 3m custom floor mat at $145. Includes front, passenger, and boot. Not sure if its standard or superior though.

They are also selling the original floor mat for $189.

I think its a good deal.

artemis76;559308 said:
Hi,

I was at Leng Kee PML yesterday. At the parts and accessory counter, they are having discount on the nomad 3m custom floor mat at $145. Includes front, passenger, and boot. Not sure if its standard or superior though.

They are also selling the original floor mat for $189.

I think its a good deal.
i rather u go for the original floor matts then. assuming they r not the ones that are already in ur car

$145 is definitely for the standard grade. outside prices are somewhere there too. the cost of the superior ones are about $190 or more..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back