Z4, 2.5L

Azrielsc

Core Group Members
M3 not enough har?? :drool:

He is indeed sotong. My current ride is an E46 sedan. Salesguy from PML advertised today asking for 170K. To me 30K is not alot of difference. Why not add up and buy a new Z4? Furthermore it will be a new car with full 10 years COE, smell of new leather, etc.

Do you guys think quoting a buying price of 150K is a little too opportunistic?

"Salesguy from PML advertised asking 170k"

Does this mean that the car is an ex demo car? If so, then 170k is too high but if it is a privately sold, low mileage, still nearly got new car and is in very good condition specimen then I think 170k is a pretty good price. But that is just my view.

Agree with Boris..., well said
TripleX....make sure you find out if it was a demo car or not..
If it's a consignment sale I think 170k or better is a steal (of course subject to conditions)

Sam,....
Sotong in Greece is cheap izzit hence you have been eating too much yah? :slaphead:

TripleX said:
He is indeed sotong. My current ride is an E46 sedan. Salesguy from PML advertised today asking for 170K. To me 30K is not alot of difference. Why not add up and buy a new Z4? Furthermore it will be a new car with full 10 years COE, smell of new leather, etc.

Do you guys think quoting a buying price of 150K is a little too opportunistic?

150k will be a real steal for a 1 yr old Z4 2.5l IMHO! Heck, I will be very tempted to get it too! :)

Remember seeing a few Z4s in the classifieds.... there was a 8/03 blue 2.5l one with the 3.0's 18" rims and grille asking for 170k few weeks back. Called up the owner and he said price is firm. Anyway, it was still available for a few weeks after that.

TripleM said:
Agree with Boris..., well said
TripleX....make sure you find out if it was a demo car or not..
If it's a consignment sale I think 170k or better is a steal (of course subject to conditions)

Sam,....
Sotong in Greece is cheap izzit hence you have been eating too much yah? :slaphead:

Yeah... 170k is not a bad price, but make sure to check out the car carefully first

and...

Jack... Sam is no need to eat sotong in Greece cause he is the largest sotong (or cumi in you native Indonesia) in Greece... hahaha

Actually I did mention in the 1st thread that it was reg'd Aug 03. One owner car and I think it could be a consignment sale.

Price of a new car is 200K but their asking for this 11 mth old car is 170K which is a diff of only 30K. Is it really worth it? I also understand that the 2.5L comes with a 5 spd gearbox whilst a 3.0L has a 6 spd. There are also some minor difference, I am sure.

To top it up, a 3.0L usually sells around the same price as a 2.5L because of poor demand.

So, the question now is; bargian or new car or wait for 3.0L

if it were me, I would wait for the 3.0. think it will be a much better drive.

TripleX said:
Actually I did mention in the 1st thread that it was reg'd Aug 03. One owner car and I think it could be a consignment sale.

Price of a new car is 200K but their asking for this 11 mth old car is 170K which is a diff of only 30K. Is it really worth it? I also understand that the 2.5L comes with a 5 spd gearbox whilst a 3.0L has a 6 spd. There are also some minor difference, I am sure.

To top it up, a 3.0L usually sells around the same price as a 2.5L because of poor demand.

There were a couple 3.0 Z4s in the used market... asking around 190k+ for less than 1yr old one.

Well, 30k is a lot of money (at least to me)... and as a car owner, to lose 30k in a year is rather siong already! Kekeke.... IMHO, between 160k-165k is a very good price to pay for a 1yr old 2.5 Z4 coz that's probably what the dealers are offering. ;)

Anyway, happy shopping! ;)

BorisRS said:
"Anyway, happy shopping! "

Are you still shopping and taking the BMW as everyday transport?

Hi Les, just sold my 8... will be handing the car over to the new owner latest by next Friday. Thereafter, will be taking B.W.W as everyday transport till I get a new ride! :verysad:

Re: Z4, 2.5L

TripleX said:
Hi guys. Need some advise. Am looking at a single owner Z4, 2.5L, 01 owner, Aug 2003 reg'd. 1st owner bought at 210,000.00. Current new car price is 200,000. Can anyone here pls advise me what price I should be asking from the seller?
Got interested in the Z4 after looking thru the Schnitzer brochure sent to me over the weekend.
Also, to all Z4 owners; is there anything I should be looking for when viewing the car?
Your advise will really be appreciated.

Rgds

Press harder....the new Z4 2.5l is less than 200K.

And this is quoted for someone who is buying.

Cheers!

TripleX said:

Both the 3 & 2.5L Z4 come with the 5 speed auto or SMG. 2.5L and 193bhp for a light car are sufficient unless you want to go after SLK 350, S2000 or Boxster S. The good thing about the 3L is that it comes with the sound generator thingie that makes your car sound like a V8 but that can be retrofitted in a 2.5L too.

it's just a plastic tube. hahahahah connects from the engine bay to your firewall. i'm sure some workshops have it lying on the floor somewhere if you're interested.

The reason its a consignment is that the price of 170 is higher than what the dealer feels they can sell ,the take in price should be close to 150 so i think if the owner didnt let the car go then he may not be selling the car at 150. you should look at the dep of the car. BTW for a BMW 30k is for first year is not uncommon the resonable price should be abt 160K +. Z4 is very difficult to sell there will only be a select group of pple who will be keen to buy and most may be able to afford new. also if you calculate the monthly (if you take a a loan ) the diff bet the 9yrs-170 against 200/10 yrs wont be much as the intereset and loan term differs

Just my 2 cts worth cheers. Think carefully bc if you want to sell in 1-2 yrs you will also be losing alot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888wiki

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back