• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTS: JB4 for N54 N55

Re: WTS: JB4 for N54 N55

alvinado;1121364 said:
I don't think police will take this up actually.

Worth a try if the guy still doesn't respond to him. Its essentially fraud. And we're talking a few hundred dollars. Just look at how Jover Chew's antics were addressed. They are both in the same "bracket" of fraud, if you catch my drift.

Posting on behalf of Jason as he cannot reply to a post as it needed moderators' review or smth of that sort.

"Hi, im the driver of the said 335, jus to clear the air, before i even decided to post the jb4 for sale, i called nick from boss and ask him whether the jb4 is compatible with n55 and he was the one who told me it is. Im not out to scam just that few hundreds, and imho, i believe its the buyer's duty to check the compability before committing as well. Its just like u walk into a hp shop wanting to buy a iOS phone, but instead u purchased an andriod system and 5days later went back to the shop and demand a refund. Im not trying to hide at all, so if u really think alot ppl is trying to hunt me down, so be it. And the said buyer really took 4-5days before contacting me asking for a refund. And everyone who is siding the TS, im not a shop, im jus someone who is driving a bimmer as well who is selling the jb4 becos i change my setup to cobb. And its not like i am selling a faulty unit. Seriously i find the TS a joke, pushing all the blame to me. Fancy u calling me cheapskate ? U are driving a 535 gt, if u really think that people is out to scam u, then dun buy 2nd hand stuff, dont be the cheapskate trying to save a few hundred bucks when u can afford a 200 over thousand car."

Last edited by a moderator:

So the air has finally start to clear up...
Speaking of which, I would like to advise everyone to stay away from Boss Motorsports, especially dealing with the whole team of them....
I once ordered a Quaife LSD to be installed by them and guess what? they are really not competent and F*&^ up my LSD installation...only after 2 weeks of install, got noisy whining sound coming from the car...went through months of agony dealing with them...
Went to another more competent shop and they manage to solve the problem immediately...
The differential fluid that is filled into the diff box is underfilled.....!!!

So in summary, for those new bros out there...pls avoid Boss Motosports at all costs...!
Thanks

Yes, it is partially TS's fault in this matter because he didn't check on the JB4 compatibility.

However I still feel that the seller's attitude in this matter SUCKS. Are you so desperate for cash till you can't be a gentleman and offer TS a refund? I know I would. It's gracious acts like this that help to make this forum a better place. Seems like the mere hundred dollars is too much to seller and his pride.

Couldn't agree more with you 5now5torm.

While there could have been a miscommunication between Boss Motorsports and the seller, I feel a refund is due. I don't think it is productive to point fingers at who should be researching compatibility. Seller got wrong info from Boss Motorsports, but should have researched and confirmed that the info he is relaying to buyers is accurate, and if he got it wrong, man up, be polite and do a refund. JB4s are ridiculously easy to sell, especially for the N54s. Buyer should perhaps not have taken info at face value and researched further into his engine as well as the compatibility of the jb4. Burger motorsports page displays very clearly that different jb4s are required for the F series and E series n55s, what more between an n55 and an n54.

However, that being said, the seller here, couldn't have been less gracious about this. Your attitude and manner of handling this situation will not get you anywhere if you persist that you're not obligated to a refund.

Also, to the seller, if you randomly called the boss of Boss motorsports and asked "is the jb4 compatible with the n55", of course he will say yes, thinking that you're asking if you can purchase a jb4 for a n55. What you should have asked is "I bought a jb4 for my n54, can i sell it to a n55 owner?" Im pretty sure if you asked it in that way, Boss Motorsports would have told you it wasn't compatible.

eugenetan;1121393 said:
Posting on behalf of Jason as he cannot reply to a post as it needed moderators' review or smth of that sort.

"Hi, im the driver of the said 335, jus to clear the air, before i even decided to post the jb4 for sale, i called nick from boss and ask him whether the jb4 is compatible with n55 and he was the one who told me it is. Im not out to scam just that few hundreds, and imho, i believe its the buyer's duty to check the compability before committing as well. Its just like u walk into a hp shop wanting to buy a iOS phone, but instead u purchased an andriod system and 5days later went back to the shop and demand a refund. Im not trying to hide at all, so if u really think alot ppl is trying to hunt me down, so be it. And the said buyer really took 4-5days before contacting me asking for a refund. And everyone who is siding the TS, im not a shop, im jus someone who is driving a bimmer as well who is selling the jb4 becos i change my setup to cobb. And its not like i am selling a faulty unit. Seriously i find the TS a joke, pushing all the blame to me. Fancy u calling me cheapskate ? U are driving a 535 gt, if u really think that people is out to scam u, then dun buy 2nd hand stuff, dont be the cheapskate trying to save a few hundred bucks when u can afford a 200 over thousand car."

I feel that its within a decent time frame for buyer to come back within 4-5 days of collecting the item to get back to you that its not compatible.
Not everyone have the time to rush to ws and install immediately after collecting.
And ws may not have the time slot to attend to you immediately.
Buyer is also not out to scam you as its clarified here that JB4 for N54 cannot be used on N55 engine

By not answering buyer's call and request for refund speaks a lot about you.
Buyer call you a cheapskate for not answering his request for a refund when the item does not fit and not for selling the used stuff.
You call buyer a cheapskate for saving a few hundred bucks for buying your used stuff, you are not better off imo for selling it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, Jason miraculously appear! Maybe we should gave all the bros a clearer picture,

1) item collected and the photo posted is not the same plus the title of the thread is "WTS: JB4 for N54 N55" but Jason assured me that its the same item. i'm just a driver not a mechanic, how would I know the difference.
2) We deal in the middle of the night, how to confirm and who to confirm on the spot? So don't be a DICK head!
3) Item was collected on late Saturday night was in fact was about 12.30am, which is already Sunday and Monday was Public holiday. Nick was on MC on Tuesday and Wednesday, so the earliest I can have it fix was 4 days later after I collect, this is why the delay. So am I wrong to delay?
4) Immediately call Jason on Thursday at Boss Motor Sport but no answer and he 'siam' me even till today. Come on, if you are not cheap skate why do you have to 'siam' the calls and message? Last week when you finally accidentally answered my call, you try to act as though there is no network, say hello a few times and hang up. Immediately redial but you 'siam' again! Well done!
5) Yes I do drive a 535GT anything wrong in buying 2nd handstuff? Haha don't be a DICK head! At least I do not 'siam' people if I sell the wrong stuff to another driver especially if the information from anyone was wrong and I DO NOT and WILL not PUSH it to whoever that gave me the wrong information! Be a man and own up! Don't 'siam' DICK Head Jason!

Well done DICK Head Jason, SKT90909U, 87101473.

afmcbeemer;1121292 said:
Did he sell you something that does not work / is not meant for your car ? just asking.

bro, yes he did.
In fact the title of the post/thread is already misleading. WTS: JB4 for N54 N55, anyway N54 JB$ cannot be used on N55.
He still dare to assure me that both is the same item.

Just return and refund, finish all conflict.
When i sold 2nd hand items , i give buyer 1 weeks time to use and try. If he's not happy, just return me and refund cash. As long as the items is not broken.
Throw temper in forum, we cant help you much.
Or you hunt him down, smash his face with axe, hanmer, katana even fire extinguisher also can. It's your freedom.
My experience also similar with you before, bought used absorber which is leaked, but seller wash to super clean condition, when i bring to workshop , the mechanic prove to me it was totally out of function. I didnt fuck the seller upside down, screw him , just a message to him, the absorber he sold to me was out of function, 3 days after he replied and act blur. There's always risk to buy used parts, take it as a lesson, if he refuse to refund, just post another wts thread abd wait for buyer.
That is the last solution.

In my opinion, seller is definitely right in asking for a refund. When dealing with parts, the onus falls on the seller to be as truthful as possible in his/her postings. If you are not sure, jolly well just state which car and model that bloody part was used on.

Imagine if it were a part the buyer had to remove a shitload of stuff to get to before finding out that it doesn't fit? Who pays for the additional labor involved? Count yourself lucky that the buyer is just asking for a full refund and nothing more.

Recently it seems like everyone is selling something for their mothers, and grandmothers.

christopher ngo;1121457 said:
When i sold 2nd hand items , i give buyer 1 weeks time to use and try. If he's not happy, just return me and refund cash. As long as the items is not broken.
Or you hunt him down, smash his face with axe, hanmer, katana even fire extinguisher also can. It's your freedom.
My experience also similar with you before, bought used absorber which is leaked, but seller wash to super clean condition, when i bring to workshop , the mechanic prove to me it was totally out of function. I didnt fuck the seller upside down, screw him , just a message to him, the absorber he sold to me was out of function, 3 days after he replied and act blur. There's always risk to buy used parts, take it as a lesson, if he refuse to refund, just post another wts thread abd wait for buyer.

Totally agree. If buyer is really trying to siam you, no way he is going to issue a full refund. He probably used your money to fund his Cobb AP and spent everything on his car already.

List it and try selling it yourself to cut loss. Just sell it cheaper to get rid of it. Treat the loss as white gold money for the seller will do if it makes you feel any better..

buyer needs totoseow, pui kenn, lek boy and gang to advertise seller's HP in every post bo? wahahaha
write vrn and cell phone # on public toilets also can but comes with a fee one....ai mai?

ok, joke aside can anyone help me ... if wanna buy jb4 for n55 f series (f10) chassis must say simi correct code in order to get it right the first time. kum xia many.

Just drive your car to Boss Motorsports and let them settle.
MW din teach you ?

There are codes like which type of TMAP sensor connectors etc which i think you do not want to know.

donkey years never drive bmw liao la last i had was e39 hor also never heard of simi boss motorsport leh
that time me only know bernard, ah wee, amos plus pml - this one for claim warranty one.......muahahahahaha

Jason8822;1121467 said:
MW din teach you ?

There are codes like which type of TMAP sensor connectors etc which i think you do not want to know.

u r right bmw too slow so me bohew..... me use cobb ap for my godzilla .. mai sng sng hor. whahahahahaha

Jason8822;1121467 said:
MW din teach you ?

bro, thanks for the information but unfortunately I cannot even plug onto my ride. that's the issue.
thanks!

christopher ngo;1121457 said:

bro, I just feel this kind of person should be shame in public.
thanks =)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalaliveco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back