Which oil to use?

MRacer77

Legendary 10 Years
Re: Which oil to use?

ED520 said:
i'm driving a 520 e60 n i'm coming to 10k mileage. i'm thinking of doing an early oil change. any suggestions on what oil i should use? i know bmw uses castrol but any idea which kind?

If I am not wrong, BMW uses a special blend of Castrol oil which is specially tailored for BMWs, think it is Castrol TWS

is that only available at PML? can i get it elsewhere? thinking of sending my car in to juzz for cars, u think they have it?

i overheard on morning when i collected my car from PML. One of the Cust svc advisers mentioned Mobil One, when one other customer asked him the same qn.

errr.....damn weird! but it does say castrol is recommended on my engine oil cap. :shock:

Yeah... castrol is the recommended brand of oil for BMWs... strange that the CSA mentioned Mobil One.. but that is not a bad brand too... Heard Rock brand oil is good too...

I wasnt that surprised considering the reputation that MObil ONe has. I think most car mechanics will readily recommend it. But no brainer, if it recommend castrol... er.... but castrol.. JUs make sure the viscosity is the recommended range.

haha... nowadays all the top of line synthetic oils are about the same...

if i'm not wrong castrol tws is rated 10w60. is that going to affect my fuel consumption as compare to a 10w40?

nope... it should not affect your fuel consumption... try it first.. if you don't like it then change to something else...

ED520 said:
if i'm not wrong castrol tws is rated 10w60. is that going to affect my fuel consumption as compare to a 10w40?

Go with Mobil Supersyn Gold... Can't go wrong with it ! :thumbsup:

On new engine, u will feel the engine spring to life after the oil change...

Some of the mad one in this forum (me included) changed at 6k and we could feel the car become smoother immediately....

piggyboyz said:
ED520 said:

Go with Mobil Supersyn Gold... Can't go wrong with it ! :thumbsup:

On new engine, u will feel the engine spring to life after the oil change...

Some of the mad one in this forum (me included) changed at 6k and we could feel the car become smoother immediately....

You are right man... after oil change, the car feels like night and day... actually I change my oil between 3k and 5k... can start the car feeling sluggish after 3+k already...

Hurhurhur.......... My car change oil at 2k, 6k, 12k and 25k while i was running in kekekeke..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I good customer of DK man !! :wavey:

You mean you change yor oil every 2 weeks when you running your car in ah? hehe

PML uses Castrol SLX 0W30. They have this special machine which dispensed the prescribed amount which the technician selects into the engine. I think it's too thin for Singapore weather. Think my car sounds rougher after the oil change :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ph365comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back