Which is the best brand for Run-flat Tyre?

This is also a question that is plaguing me. Should it be Bridgestone, Continental or Pirelli?

Actually, besides getting you to a tyre repair facility safely in the event of a puncture, aren't run flats compromised in most other ways? i.e. Heavier, noisier, more uncomfortable, less dynamic (for driving) and perhaps more expensive than a similar non-run flat tyre?

Are convenience and safety the 2 biggest reasons for choosing run flats?

Actually, besides getting you to a tyre repair facility safely in the event of a puncture, aren't run flats compromised in most other ways? i.e. Heavier, noisier, more uncomfortable, less dynamic (for driving) and perhaps more expensive than a similar non-run flat tyre?

Are convenience and safety the 2 biggest reasons for choosing run flats?

Facing the fact that my F10 does not have a spare wheel steered me to getting runflats. Yes, the ride seems harsher than normal tyres but at 18" the prices are not that much higher.

I was quoted non-runflat Continentals CSC5 for 305/tyre, versus runflat CSC3e SSR for 320/tyre. No brainer for the peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh yes, i keep forgetting that our cars nowadays dont have spares. i have a space saver spare wheel that i keep in the boot for trips across the border. thankfully havent had to use it yet.

oh yes, i keep forgetting that our cars nowadays dont have spares. i have a space saver spare wheel that i keep in the boot for trips across the border. thankfully havent had to use it yet.
Right - but that eats into my boot space for road trips, which is not ideal.

I too just changed to Michelin Primacy, and the ride is smoother and softer as well as markedly reduced road noise.

I carry an electric pump and 2 different puncture repair kits.

I am using Michelin Primacy, not too bad but bit expensive

Using normal GY F1 AS3 245/40R18 front and RF GY F1 AS3 255/40R18 rear on my F30 335. have good experience with GY RF tyre as the technology for RF have improved a lot. earlier RF on my E60 and E90 really bad. Now I may change my front to RF for the next change as prices have also come down to about 15% above normal.
Good experience with Pirelli P7 RF too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaschmidt
Back