What's The Start Of Your Love For BMW

syaheerbmw

I saw a thread on an automobile enthusiast forum about this. It is where everyone post what is their favourite brand, why and how? Many interesting stories were told, one even said that he got knocked down by a Mustang and started loving Ford ever since :lol2: :screwedu: . So, since this is a BMW forum, I changed it a bit, to suit the forum. I hope to see more interesting stories here!

Well, here's mine: It all started when I was in kindergarten. I had a dream to become a police officer, then, one day I saw a BMW police car chasing down 2 sports car on the expressway, can't really remember what cars, guess they were an NSX and a Mitsu... The TP Bimmer was successful to stopping them a few km ahead. Since then I like BMWs(ironically, before that I was a Proton fan...). I used to watch racing on tv and see E36 M3s racing(Until now E36 Coupes are my favourite...). I did research on BMW and found out a lot of great things about the cars. I then persuaded my dad to buy a BMW when I was in Primary 2... I honestly thought he was buying the E28 525i we went to test together but he then brought home the next day a british racing green E32 730iL :shock: :inlove: . Then the next BMW he bought after the E32 scrap in 1999 was a brown E28 520i, then again scrap bought a british racing green E34 520i, which was sold away earlier last year as his business was not doing well... Maybe in 2 years time, I may be buying an E36 coupe(anyone selling in 2 years? White or silver preferred :) ). OK, end of my story, I think mine's a bit boring... hahax

Re: What's The Start Of Your Love For BMW

Wow, that is a very nice story! Good luck in your hunt for the e36 coupe! They are getting quite rare now and you may have a better time with a E46 coupe soon :)

My story is that........

Since i got my license about 4 years ago, i was driving my mom's E46 318i. Met up with Axl(founder of BMW.SG) and learnt a hell lot about bimmers and just fell in love with them. Registered the domain and here we are today. ;) Sadly, we sold the E46 before it hit 5 years of age, and my parents got themselves a Honda Odyessy. However, i've always loved the E46 and got poisoned by a good friend of mine, who kindly lent me his Z4 a few times.

So now i'm just aiming to get a Z4 before i turn 25. (3 more years to go haha!). Am still working on that goal and ever inspired to help other bimmer owners know each other. Somehow, will always be a bimmer guy even though i have never owned one in my life before. Well that's my story....

Mine started with my Dad's 3 series coupe when I was about 4-8 years old. I have no idea what model it is. I also had this swanky uber cool orange jacket with a BMW logo on it. That was the start....

Hi...

Some nice stories..... mine goes something like this.

My family and I have always been merc enthusiasts (no i'm not from the khoo family). From C class to S class to an Sl. I recently tied the knot this year at the age of 26 to a wonderful lady. At my wedding reception earlier this year, the wedding car was meant to be a White S-class all polished and shiny with flowers tied to the handles etc.... My wedding was held in Bangkok, and I'm not sure if you are familiar with the traffic situation in Bangkok, but I dare say that it is possible to be stuck at one point for a couple of hours. Well, the wedding party had left the hotel barr a few (my fam and her fam). The merc did not show up due to bad traffic. The hotel we were at is situated next to the bmw dealership and in short... amongst all the frezny and stress, somehow the hotel managed to get us 3 new 7 series from the dealership to take us to the temple. Although there was no flowers etc im glad to say the wedding went on without any major hitches.

I know this story seems a little far fetched but my mind of which car to purchase was made up in the back seat of the 7 there and then..... i am a proud owner of a 730i now.

My little short story --->

Studied in ACJC for my A's'. Yup lots of rich dudes and dudettes around. A team mate of mine got a E36 320 Coupe as present after he passed his driving test! OMFG!!!!! How rich is his dad right????

Got rides everynow and then and fell in love with BMWs ever since.

Ryan --> I love the Z4 as well but need a four seater... sucks man.

abajaj said:
Hi...

Some nice stories..... mine goes something like this.

My family and I have always been merc enthusiasts (no i'm not from the khoo family). From C class to S class to an Sl. I recently tied the knot this year at the age of 26 to a wonderful lady. At my wedding reception earlier this year, the wedding car was meant to be a White S-class all polished and shiny with flowers tied to the handles etc.... My wedding was held in Bangkok, and I'm not sure if you are familiar with the traffic situation in Bangkok, but I dare say that it is possible to be stuck at one point for a couple of hours. Well, the wedding party had left the hotel barr a few (my fam and her fam). The merc did not show up due to bad traffic. The hotel we were at is situated next to the bmw dealership and in short... amongst all the frezny and stress, somehow the hotel managed to get us 3 new 7 series from the dealership to take us to the temple. Although there was no flowers etc im glad to say the wedding went on without any major hitches.

I know this story seems a little far fetched but my mind of which car to purchase was made up in the back seat of the 7 there and then..... i am a proud owner of a 730i now.

:yummie: :yummie: :whattheh: :whattheh: You're only so young and managed to drive a 7 now??? Congrats man!!! :)

actually my 1st love was Honda since the Honda-mclaren F1 days. then came the Vtec days. i learned a lot about NA engines...n found that turbos r a cheap way to gain HP. naturally, the few good NA engines to me came down to include hondas, ferraris, alfas n bmws. had a honda long time back, cant afford new ferrari....no feel for alfas....n settled on bmws. any great engine make to me has to hv the ability to produce 100hp per litre....at the same time built a good chasis. i think bmw has done the best here...

I am lucky.. I strike 4D and decided to buy BMW.. its been a year evensince i had my ride and money is running out.. I am buying 4D again.

Totoseow, good choice on BMW!!.. I hate Alfa too.. Now i oso hate Audi.

Just as much as I love BMW but nothing beat the sensation of my love for this legendary rally car Ford-TX3 back in mid 80s which I never got a chance to own it coz no$

Hymics said:
I am lucky.. I strike 4D and decided to buy BMW.. its been a year evensince i had my ride and money is running out.. I am buying 4D again.

Totoseow, good choice on BMW!!.. I hate Alfa too.. Now i oso hate Audi.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: ..............................There aint any cure for u now..

Hymics said:

Pls PM me the 4D you gonna buy, me $$$ no enough and kum xia u very much first. :) :lol2:

Root cause of love for BMW ----- sweet IL6 engine :yummie:

Brandons said:
:yummie: :yummie: :whattheh: :whattheh: You're only so young and managed to drive a 7 now??? Congrats man!!! :)

thats what ya get when ya marry the girl for her money...

shhhhh! :whipper:

Buy a Nissan then a VW and you will hate it soooo much that the only other choice is a bimmer

trust me...hahaha

saw Dad's boss 3.0CSi...(like 5 or so yr ago)
love at first sight...
now dad owns it
Dad's words:A Dream to drive...(i cant drive yet), but
road tax is killing me!!!!(jus kidding)

hahahaha..

bmwnut said:
saw Dad's boss 3.0CSi...(like 5 or so yr ago)
love at first sight...
now dad owns it
Dad's words:A Dream to drive...(i cant drive yet), but
road tax is killing me!!!!(jus kidding)

hahahaha..

VERY CHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAH! Bring to meet-up leh!

Dear guys,

Please keep OT posts to a minimum and continue to post...!!!

What's the start of your love of the marque? It's been interesting to read the first couple of posts..but im sure we can do more. :)

Mine started in the early 80s when my Mazda GT lost to a E30. Before that fateful day, I didn't even know anything about a BMW. Since that day on, I told myself that I'll own a 3ser one day.

haha mine's cheesy.....started when i saw the Z3 in goldeneye in 95 and i tot to myself, my god tt's a super chio car....n then ever since then i've wanted to get a z3...

haha but as it is....no $...so when i finally got my license last yr i decided i'll get any BM tt i can afford n so here i am, happy owner of a e36....haha

i never really liked BMWs much initially, and never understood what's so great about em.. to be honest, i've always been more inclined towards Alfas...
Till one day, we bought the little E30...that little car has a soul... Love it ever since...damn.... waxed it 3 times yesterday and it's gonna rain now..crap

i wld love to see that CSi up there too!!!!!!!!!
I only saw 1 CSi in SG, a silver one, driven by an old guy... Wat a great looking car

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbetzbetlat
Back